RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Jonah Lomu RIP

Just saying: When I am having financial difficulties I knuckle down, cut my expenses to the bare minimum, eat cheaper meals and work longer hours. I guess the trip to the world cup was sponsored and was beneficial to NZ rugby, but I would think a fair amount of expense was incurred which begs the question "Would you or I still be able to afford the trip". Don't get me wrong I was a great fan of JL and loved to see him play but  can't help think that when I make foolish financial decisions I am the one that has to sort it out. No handouts for me or my offspring. 

49 minutes ago, Uriah Heap said:

To my mind the old hand came out a fraction quick in terms of the Givealittle request for public support.

Now we have information being released about the poor state of Jonah Lomu's finances when he passed away. Again, this info must have come from the family and Jonah's wife/Manager in particular.

It just all looks a bit contrived in my view.

I see where a real estate transaction occurred between Jonah and his father in law, involving a considerable amount of money. Has the Grandfather been asked how he can contribute to his two grandson's welfare?

Having said all this I feel a charity match with profits to the two boys would not be out of order. Just don't hand the cash to their mother. 

The wife is excluded from the Trust. She will have to apply for funds as and when needed.

The Chinese are taking over Uriah...

Just as bad down here...have heard tales of them buying multiple properties just to leave empty or rent out.

One Agent was told they could live in a Country property rent free for at least two years so it was looked after.

They prompty rented out their City House for big dollars and moved.....lucky for some....:wacko:

38 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Just as bad down here...have heard tales of them buying multiple properties just to leave empty or rent out.

One Agent was told they could live in a Country property rent free for at least two years so it was looked after.

They prompty rented out their City House for big dollars and moved.....lucky for some....:wacko:

We are not permitted to even think that without people jumping on you let alone express it. Anecdotal evidence can be both telling and misleading but it invariably has merit.

We know a doctor at Auckland Hospital who has told us people on waiting lists are getting shunted further down the list due to them having to deal with many health issues elderly Chinese new New Zealanders are having and needing immediate attention with.

Friends looking to purchase a house in Auckland last year attended 16 house auctions. They estimated 90% on average of the people at the auctions were Chinese. They lost every auction to a Chinese bidder. They ended up renting. They looked at 9 rental properties. 8 of them were owned by Chinese owners.

We all know Wang has now overtaken Smith as the most common surname in Auckland.

We know two Plunket nurses.  Both have said 80% of their present case load and new baby cases are Chinese babies.

Within a few generations non Chinese New Zealanders will be the minority in Auckland. That does bother me. Not because of the Chinese personally. Most I've met have been fine and dandy. NZ is still a young country finding it's place in the world. The Chinese culture is thousands of years old and will drown ours. The housing situation is just the tip of a very large iceberg.  

4 hours ago, Los Lobos said:

Just saying: When I am having financial difficulties I knuckle down, cut my expenses to the bare minimum, eat cheaper meals and work longer hours. I guess the trip to the world cup was sponsored and was beneficial to NZ rugby, but I would think a fair amount of expense was incurred which begs the question "Would you or I still be able to afford the trip". Don't get me wrong I was a great fan of JL and loved to see him play but  can't help think that when I make foolish financial decisions I am the one that has to sort it out. No handouts for me or my offspring. 

I agree the grass roots kiwis would tighten their belts, come to think of it didn't the government tell us we all needed to do this years ago?? 

As for hand outs if there is financial strife there are agencies that can help tp deal with this, Budget advice for one. I may sound tough but I've had to work for everything I have.

http://thecontrail.com/forum/topics/hawkes-bay-water-sell-out-to-chinese-corporation-onepure

Hey look ...Its john Key again...(not at Ellerslie this time!)

My pops told me beware the yellow man for he will rule the world (i,m not racist and pay rates)

3 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

2 hours ago, themagicman said:

Within a few generations non Chinese New Zealanders will be the minority in Auckland.    

When this happens, not if, the Waitangi gravy train will be stuck at the station, and not before time. Not even the Chinese could come up with this long-standing rort favouring an elite.

10 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

When this happens, not if, the Waitangi gravy train will be stuck at the station, and not before time. Not even the Chinese could come up with this long-standing rort favouring an elite.

you,d better jump in the Chev quick and head for the airport mate when she turns to custard.

http://www.nzhistory.net.nz/media/video/maungakiekie-one-tree-hill-roadside-stories

11 minutes ago, porky said:

you,d better jump in the Chev quick and head for the airport mate when she turns to custard.

http://www.nzhistory.net.nz/media/video/maungakiekie-one-tree-hill-roadside-stories

35 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

Before the bureaucrat  smarties gave maori  a share, you could depend on them to march.

Divide and Rule , age old , give a little , take a lot.

I think this thread should be closed.  It's not about RIP Jonah anymore.. or about remembering him for what he loved and for what he was about.. he loved people probably too much, even those jerks amongst us..   this thread is now about everyone taking pot shots about anything that they hate about New Zealand....  take your bitterness somewhere else people .. sorry you have such negative lives... try smiling more.

3 hours ago, hesi said:

Jonah was a special person who gave most of NZ a lot of enjoyment with his rugby.

Most of us make exceptions for mistakes, transgressions etc etc people like that make, whereas us meagre mortals are rightly judged on the mistakes we make and how we handle them.

Give the guy a break.

Jonah was indeed an exceptional sports person and I for one will not forget his ability to run over the top of his opposition as have many other exceptional Kiwis, Sir Ed and Fred hollows, I don't remember their families asking for help ?

However as this thread was started as I see it to honour Jonah, so thanks for the memories and may those close to you continue to bring honour to your name.

RIP

Chestnut and Hesi continally tried to keep the thread on track in honor of the Big Fella who gave freely of his spare time to 

sigh signatures of kids and support a charity of his choice.

I saw red when Gonsta posted bring the family under pressure in his absence...sorry for taking the tread off track to where it sidetracked

and away from his huge contribution to the game we all love.

Anyway the thread is now where it shoul rightfully belong.

Thanks Admin.

Porky

I think some are being well O.T.T precious about Jonah. We all loved him. He was an iconic Kiwi who will be well remembered. We've all paid our respects and grieved his sudden passing in our own way. Unfortunately the family and their agents changed the theme from respectful mourning to collection box time and saw fit to air all the dirty laundry of money mismanagement in public. Hilary Barry spoke pf her disappointment at this.

Jonah's house being owned by Chinese is just peripheral fluff but anything and everything related to the man and his family etc etc has been aired recently so it was consistent for that to be mentioned also. .

I'm convinced that had the passing of Jonah just been kept to honour and respect this thread and many others online would have done likewise.

Must admit one of the most ironic scenes etc I witnessed since Jonah's passing occurred only hours after he passed away.

The prize twat Paul Hobbs of TVNZ standing outside the Lomu residence with camera focused on any movement inside the property and who comes and goes. Anyone who didn't know where Jonah lived sure as hell did after Hobb's reporting,

He finished his yarn by saying the family had asked for privacy. Talk about irony.