RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Jonah Lomu RIP

18 minutes ago, GONSTA said:

Oh get a life you guys!! McCaw went to the NZRU after Jonah passed away to ask if they should postpone his retirement press conference, they decided it wasn't necessary and I don't think Jonah would have wanted him to either.

R.I.P big fella you were my childhood hero!

Well if thats the case ,then the NZ rugby union have shown nothing of a quality that McCAW possessed in great qauntity.

LEADERSHIP.

Shame on Jonah for allowing his death to coincide with NZRU scheduling, he should have shown more respect to their press conference, once those things are set they are set forever you can't just hold them off.

Gonsta, I know it's not the end of the world, but I think they could have waited a day or two. I thought McCaw deserved  a bit more attention for his retirement after so many years at the coal face!!

This thread is amazing.. not in a good way...   

I guess none of you were listening to John Hart today and his interviews with regards to the givealittle site.... to start pulling apart Nadine and the family is ridiculous and I thought, had hoped, that people on this site were bigger than that, but if we want to feed our grumpiness and negativity towards the world.. I guess we grab on to whatever fodder is available.

Richie had planned to retire on that day, why shouldn't he and get on with his life.   We are all big enough.. and the world is big enough to cope with Jonah passing and Richie retiring to be able to give them both the kudos they deserve.. the world does not stop, we all do not stop.. it carries on and this week we said farewell to a Kiwi legend Jonah Lomu, who will never be forgotten, and also probably the best rugby player the world has ever seen in Richie McCaw.

We all need to stop treating it like it is a personal attack.. it's not.. just celebrate both of them and what they gave to all of us.

Have you all forgotten what this thread is about?     RIP Jonah..  you gave us so much to remember and memories are so valuable, no-one can take them away.

Agree totally Chestnut...That rugby commentator lost for words as Johah trampled and bulldozed his way to the line...

Oh, Oh,...The call and the images of that try will stay with me for life. R.I.P Jonah and deserved privacy to his family. 

5 hours ago, Chestnut said:

I guess none of you were listening to John Hart today and his interviews with regards to the givealittle site.... to start pulling apart Nadine and the family is ridiculous and I thought, had hoped, that people on this site were bigger than that, but if we want to feed our grumpiness and negativity towards the world.. I guess we grab on to whatever fodder is available.

Richie had planned to retire on that day, why shouldn't he and get on with his life.   We are all big enough.. and the world is big enough to cope with Jonah passing and Richie retiring to be able to give them both the kudos they deserve.. the world does not stop, we all do not stop.. it carries on and this week we said farewell to a Kiwi legend Jonah Lomu, who will never be forgotten, and also probably the best rugby player the world has ever seen in Richie McCaw.

We all need to stop treating it like it is a personal attack.. it's not.. just celebrate both of them and what they gave to all of us.

Have you all forgotten what this thread is about?     RIP Jonah..  you gave us so much to remember and memories are so valuable, no-one can take them away.

100% agree, I can not believe they way some disrespect a truly great All Black.

10 hours ago, Chestnut said:

I see little sign of anyone here disrespecting him, in fact the opposite, like myself they were shocked that in less than 24hrs the person who is supposed to love him above all else is involved in a charity website asking for cash. Maybe in a few weeks yes, but 24hrs no way. We wanted to see way more respect accorded to him than that.

Yes I heard John Harts spin doctor talk on what the posting was all about & it maybe true, I just cannot see myself or anyone I know having thoughts about cash for whatever reason within 24hrs of a partner passing.

Exactly Barryb well said. No disrespect to any all black intended and im sure nobody really believes anyone was being disrespectful here at all . As with anything in life there is a time, there is a place, there is common sense. Asking ourselves "how does this look" would go a long way to avoiding a lot of negative response in any circumstance. On the face of it it is a bad look, perception sometimes IS reality no matter what pure and noble intentions are beneath. I think it is poor timing and I am sure they regret this as any of us would but I suppose hindsight is a great thing and it's done and they have rectified it so back to mourning a great man. End of day say what you like but social media causes more problems than it solves.

^^well said.

Think the general public feedback is dumb ass shit to be doing. No point dwelling on it any longer.

I would have loved to see a Jonah in his peak playing NRL. He was well before his time in both codes, big, fast, hard running, and a major attacking threat on the end of any back line. I think he would have been amazing, he did consider it in his latter years when the Titans started up but I suppose age and health issues would have prevented him being the player he would have been in that code had he switched earlier and in good health. Even though we make comparisons and say some are "in his mould" he was actually a one of a kind player and 20 years later nobody has been "the next Jonah"

1 hour ago, kakama said:

Well, 

Looks like the family have little money, it seems the rugby union will start fund raising.

Quite amazing really, and they are currently renting in a 2.2 million dollar property, time for them to get realistic and start living in the real world like the other 99% of battlers in this country. 

10 minutes ago, kakama said:

Sounds harsh, but I agree.

They did state it was for the kids future, but Jonahs wife would not be a trustee??

Seems bizarre, 

As far as I'm aware she isn't currently working and has been in charge of his finances for a while now, so obviously if she's not working she will be benefiting from the donations as well. 

I also heard not long ago Jonah brought an apartment worth 1.5 million off his wife's father, when the property was valued at 750k...

I don,t want to post this...but stop it Gonsta...let poor Jonahs family rest and get over events of recent...

The Auckland property market is crazy anyway! as portrayed in The John Key post! (read it )

Who cares, and it is of no business of yours anyway...even if the transaction you talk of took place.

4 minutes ago, porky said:

I don,t want to post this...but stop it Gonsta...let poor Jonahs family rest and get over events of recent...

The Auckland property market is crazy anyway! as portrayed in The John Key post! (read it )

Who cares, and it is of no business of yours anyway...even if the transaction you talk of took place.

Huh? Isn't the family asking for help? Am I not allowed to share my opinion on a public forum? 

Please porky do yourself a favour find out how much his net worth was, and even how much $ he made in 2015 from RWC promotions/public speaking?

As far as I'm concerned porky there is FAR more deserving charity's that need and warrant money FAR more than the Lomu family, call me heartless or whatever you want I couldn't give a shit.

Personally if I'm donating to a charity I want to donate to a worthwhile cause and to something that will make a difference, like for me it would be a kids cancer charity as that's something my 3yo nephew had to deal with, a 6 month old baby having to have chemo ETC ETC. thank god he's full of life and cancer free now but let's get some perspective aye buddy? 

My sister doesn't have a net worth of 20 mill + and she certainly didn't receive the media attention that the Lomu family is getting, and just ask yourself deep down who would it benefit more?

GET A JOB AND START LIVING WITHIN YOUR MEANS. 

It would be nice if some of those Corporates that were associated with Jonah would come to the party here.

And some of the wealthy Rugby players who came along to benefit from where Lomu took the game to.

Bloody sad situation. Bad advice, bad decisions, too generous to others...?? Who knows..

I would think this fund will grow pretty quickly when word gets out overseas..

I don't know the true state of the family finances and don't want to know.

If however there is genuine hardship on the horizon,here's a suggestion.

Jonah was respected by all his peers around the world. I'm sure many would happily put their hand up to play a benefit match. World XV versus a NZ XV.

I'm very confident NZ Rugby would work something out with Eden Park as some sort of payment for services rendered.

Not difficult to imagine a substantial crowd. Everybody feels good about the cause and their own contribution.

Huge sums collected for Jonah's kids.

Everyone happy.

Then move on.

R.I.P Jonah

10 hours ago, themagicman said:

I don't know the true state of the family finances and don't want to know.

If however there is genuine hardship on the horizon,here's a suggestion.

Jonah was respected by all his peers around the world. I'm sure many would happily put their hand up to play a benefit match. World XV versus a NZ XV.

I'm very confident NZ Rugby would work something out with Eden Park as some sort of payment for services rendered.

Not difficult to imagine a substantial crowd. Everybody feels good about the cause and their own contribution.

Huge sums collected for Jonah's kids.

Everyone happy.

Then move on.

R.I.P Jonah

Seems John Key has been reading Race Cafe.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/john-key-proposes-benefit-match-for-jonah-lomus-family

"It emerged yesterday that Lomu was facing financial difficulty at the time of his death, with a trust established by the New Zealand Rugby Players Association for donations to support his two sons Dhyreille and Brayley and their off-spring into the future.

Speaking on Radio Sport this morning, Mr Key suggested that a benefit match could be held at the famous Auckland Park."

To my mind the old hand came out a fraction quick in terms of the Givealittle request for public support.

Now we have information being released about the poor state of Jonah Lomu's finances when he passed away. Again, this info must have come from the family and Jonah's wife/Manager in particular.

It just all looks a bit contrived in my view.

I see where a real estate transaction occurred between Jonah and his father in law, involving a considerable amount of money. Has the Grandfather been asked how he can contribute to his two grandson's welfare?

Having said all this I feel a charity match with profits to the two boys would not be out of order. Just don't hand the cash to their mother.