RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
N1MUE

LGL Results

7 minutes ago, hesi said:

Format seems fine, perhaps a way of allowing people who pick 2 winners early :) a way of continuing in the comp.

Perhaps, you have 1 option to buy your way back in, so costs you X number of points deleted off your score to come back in

Or perhaps a "plate" competition that allows people like me to continue - can continue but not eligible for the big show?

Don't post lose a life

:ph34r:

Secondary competitions are a bit like the PC 'everyone getting player of the day' and distracts from those still left.

And no penalties on prizes, if people want to share (multis, etc, then cool) but the winners should get to spend or bank the winnings as they see fit.

1 hour ago, Yorkielad said:

Don't post lose a life

:ph34r:

Secondary competitions are a bit like the PC 'everyone getting player of the day' and distracts from those still left.

And no penalties on prizes, if people want to share (multis, etc, then cool) but the winners should get to spend or bank the winnings as they see fit.

Thanks for the feedback Yorkie.

The BEST BET is slightly softer than "don't post, lose a life" - gives people a chance if they get distracted and are unable to post.  They don't benefit from it, so I like it the way it is.

Agree with the "everyone gets player of the day" sentiment but easy to keep the "plate" scores separate.

On the prize money front, you're welcome to sponsor the next one if you wish and feel free to make the winnings available however you like.  I figure that those who are willing to put the money up can stipulate as they wish.  Entry is free so any prize is better than nothing.  The way I do it allows me the possibility of recycling prize money.

I like your recycling idea John.lve always been a fan of the winner investing the money,for example if the prize is $50 then they invest that money and the first $50 collected goes back to the sponsor for another comp and the winner keeps anything over the $50 it keeps comps going on a regular basis.Just my thoughts others may disagree or have other ideas.

Unlucky last weekend Hesi. Was a good ride by Allpress that got him home ( and bad by a lot of other jocks for giving her the run) . I feel like a few will be picking Xtravagant this week? All it takes is for me to pick a winner and I'm back in the pack, comp certainly not over with 2 weeks to go!

Thanks Hesi for the updates - much appreciated.  Scores agree with mine - no need to repost.  See you all next week - congrats for making it through 11 weeks.

Some effort from the Rookie - no lives lost and an average score of 31.6 per week (allowing for the joker).  That's the equivalent of picking eleven $3.20 shots in a row to get beaten.

You know there's a probability coming don't you.  The probability of picking eleven $3.20 shots to get beaten is just over 3%.

So I guess if we had over 40 people enter then its not unexpected, and the guy who put up extra money because it couldn't be done is a fool :)

Final Round selections:

Only just got rid of 15-20 university students who came around to our place for some Cup Day pre-loading.  Reinforces my decision not to head out there today.  To think I was like that once.  The amount of pride they take in drinking that much in such a short period of time.

Picks for final round as follows.  The Rookie has given the others a look in by picking the speedy Snitzel filly.  If Untamed Diamond is beaten the Rookie wins.  If she wins then it's all on as the other contenders have all gone short in the hope of catching up.  

Prizes for first, second and third so most people still in with a shot at those.

Good luck to you all and thanks for all the kind words - not a lot of effort to run this and it keeps me out of the TAB :)  Just to clarify, Moose is a big sponsor of this comp but as far as I'm aware, Maria did not sponsor this comp - she kindly put up money for the FA Cup comp.

Entrant Meeting Race Horse Cumulative
Last of 40 (J)(1) Gore 9 Princess Davone 286.05
Kundalini (J)(1) Gore 9 Princess Davone 158.27
Gonsta (J) MV 5 Burning Front 333.26
Richard (J) MV 5 Burning Front ** 243.95
Von Cettes (J)(1) MV 5 Del Prado ** 233.19
Southland (J)(1) MV 9 Rationality 243.59
Hesi (J)(1) Rand 1 Top Score 269.69
Cabbage (J)(1) Rand 2 Scarlet Rain 323.04
Swoopa (J)(1) Rand 2 Scarlet Rain 247.92
Cubes (J)(1) Tren 1 French Perfume 114.41
Mainland Rookie (J) Tren 3 Untamed Diamond 379.13

Well this is getting interesting.  The speedy Snitzel filly did the business nicely at Trentham much to the Rookie's dismay.

If Burning Front wins then the Rookie should hold on - can't see Princess Davone dropping below $2, and Ian might find himself in the money somewhere.  If Burning Front gets beaten then Gonsta should win.  

Entrant  Horse Round 12 Cumulative
Mainland Rookie (J)(1) Untamed Diamond -40.00 339.13
Gonsta (J) Burning Front 0.00 333.26
Hesi (J)(1) Top Score 40.00 309.69
Last of 40 (J)(1) Princess Davone 0.00 286.05
Cabbage (J)(1) Scarlet Rain -40.00 283.04
Richard (J) Burning Front ** 0.00 243.95
Southland (J)(1) Rationality 0.00 243.59
Von Cettes (J)(1) Del Prado ** 0.00 233.19
Swoopa (J)(1) Scarlet Rain -40.00 207.92
Kundalini (J)(1) Princess Davone 0.00 158.27
Cubes (J)(1) French Perfume 4.76 119.17

Yep you certainly do!   Southland's runner still to come, but unless it loses and pays $1.30 or less (highly highly unlikely), then we have our top 3 sorted.

Congrats to the three of you, especially Mainland Rookie who had a roller coaster day.  

Interestingly the three who had not picked a winner before the final round all did so in the last round, so nobody went through with a perfect record.  My 325 points barrier was broken by two entrants but the bonus required 325 points and no winners, so I get to use that bonus $50 for the next comp.  

Details to follow a bit later on prize money.

Entrant  Horse Round 12 Cumulative
Last of 40 (J)(1) Princess Davone 47.62 333.67
Von Cettes (J)(1) Del Prado ** 86.96 320.14
Gonsta (J)(1) Burning Front -40.00 293.26
Southland (J)(1) Rationality 0.00 243.59
Kundalini (J)(1) Princess Davone 47.62 205.89
Richard (J)(1) Burning Front ** -80.00 163.95

FINAL RESULTS:

Three fell at the final hurdle, leaving nine to cross the finish line.  Not much separating the top six, but Mainland Rookie is the deserved winner - started slowly with a $4.80 shot in week 1 and a late scratching in week 2, but came good in the middle stages with a nice joker play on Enzo's Lad ($2.60) in week 7 and a $1.90 shot in Love Days in week 9.

Geoff was a very meritorious second after missing week 1 and starting week 2 with -40 points and a life down.  The only entrant not to pick a winner, but only picked 11 losers like everyone else.

Ian came with a withering burst in week 12 and was left to rue the -40 points in week 11 - Xtravagant looks so good in hindsight Ian :)

Thanks to everyone for playing and a huge thanks to Moose for his very generous sponsorship of the competition.  The prizes are as follows:

Mainland Rookie: $130 bet (to be placed by Moose)

Geoff: $50 bet (to be placed by me)

Ian: $25 bet (to be placed by Moose).

Remember as specified up front, the winners get to keep any profit they make from their bet.  Moose and I will hopefully be able to recycle the original stake or part there-of (depending on what you return) into the next comp.

Rookie and Ian - I suggest you communicate with Mooseman - either on here or via message to arrange for the gets to be placed.  Geoff, let me know what you want to bet on.  Can be tomorrow at your beloved Ellerslie if you like or can be next week - just let me know a little in advance so I've got time to get to the TAB to get bet on.

Watch this space for the next LGL comp.  I'm otherwise indisposed next weekend, but will look to get it up and running soon after that.  Over and out.

Entrant  Horse Round 12         Cumulative
Last of 40 (J)(1) Princess Davone 47.62 333.67
Von Cettes (J)(1) Del Prado ** 86.96 320.14
Gonsta (J)(1) Burning Front -40.00 293.26
Southland (J)(1) Rationality 43.48 287.07
Kundalini (J)(1) Princess Davone 47.62 205.89
Richard (J)(1) Burning Front ** -80.00 163.95

Well done to the Main-man Rookie, you were just teasing us, now if you were studying the form you would have placed Geoff in the black book as a next up special, only problem being next up goes for 12 weeks.

This has turned into a very tactical comp:)

Unlucky Hesi who led for a good margin and Gonsta who also fell at the last.

Big ups to John

Now for my bet Moose could I have $25 a win on Admiral Soanai in the Rowe Cup.................if you can't find it I suggest you take the $25 out of one pocket and place it in the other 

Cheers guys

13 minutes ago, N1MUE said:

Had to google that one Ian - didn't follow the chariots much when I was a young fella and hadn't heard of him.  Only harness horses I remember from my youth were No Response in that phenomenal Interdom performance and Lord Module.

I used to go to Cambridge and Claudelands often on a Friday night, Admiral Soanai was one of my fav trotters, and I remember Moose bring him up on here some time back, so I knew he would get what I was on about. I just enjoy the competitive nature and banter of the comps, I'm not after the prize, but appreciate you guys putting up the $$

I can remember the likes of No Response, and Lord Module, Locarno, Bonnies Chance, Hands Down, Armalight, Scotch Tar, Delightful Lady, but my two favs were the two Aussies Gammalite and Popular Alm

1 hour ago, hesi said:

Likewise Ian, used to always go to Claudelands and Cambridge, Claudelands was a small turning track.

Went out with Peter McMillans daughter for a while, he stood Scottish Command, down Mowbray Rd in Waharoa

He's, did you play for WW United?:ph34r:

8 hours ago, Von Cettes said:

I used to go to Cambridge and Claudelands often on a Friday night, Admiral Soanai was one of my fav trotters, and I remember Moose bring him up on here some time back, so I knew he would get what I was on about. I just enjoy the competitive nature and banter of the comps, I'm not after the prize, but appreciate you guys putting up the $$

I can remember the likes of No Response, and Lord Module, Locarno, Bonnies Chance, Hands Down, Armalight, Scotch Tar, Delightful Lady, but my two favs were the two Aussies Gammalite and Popular Alm

Haha Ian the great Admiral Soanai & remember all that head gear they put on him..like something out of star wars. Claudelands & Hutt Park were both super small

turning tracks, i'd say 50% of all leaders ended up winning the race.

I will forward your $25 to the next LGL pool if you wish Ian..nice gesture as was Steve in last LGL...great sports.!:)