RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pogo(aus)

michelle pain

calling racing chauvinistic and using the term get stuffed in a post race interview

poor form

maybe she could sling mick goodie 

still it will be a frenzy for the polyannas tonite and the rest of the week

I didn't hear her say get stuffed... but she did say that Joao would be pissed off with her :) and I'm sure he would, he wanted her line and I'm sure he'd agree with her, but nothing wrong with her saying that, good on her, she was herself and I didn't find it offensive, in fact I found it refreshing.

Guest 2Admin2

Well the NZ Herald is on fire read it before they correct it - apparently michelle has only ridden 22 times.

New Zealand-bred Prince of Penzance has won the Melbourne Cup ahead of Max Dynamite and fellow New Zealand-bred horse Criterion in second and third.

Prince Of Penzance is one of the longest-priced winners in Melbourne Cup history, while jockey Michelle Payne is the first female jockey to win Australia's greatest race.

Payne had only ridden a horse 22 times before winning today and had a message for everyone who hadn't supported her.

Prince of Penzance wins Melbourne Cup

5:28 PM Tuesday Nov 3, 2015
Michelle Payne became the first female to win the race, riding Prince of Penzance. Photo / Getty Images. Michelle Payne became the first female to win the race, riding Prince of Penzance. Photo / Getty Images.

New Zealand-bred Prince of Penzance has won the Melbourne Cup ahead of Max Dynamite and fellow New Zealand-bred horse Criterion in second and third.

Prince Of Penzance is one of the longest-priced winners in Melbourne Cup history, while jockey Michelle Payne is the first female jockey to win Australia's greatest race.

Payne had only ridden a horse 22 times before winning today and had a message for everyone who hadn't supported her.

"To everyone else [they] can get stuffed because they think women aren't strong enough but we just beat the world," Payne said after the race.

"To think that [trainer] Darren [Weir] has given me a go in such a chauvinistic sport, I know some of the owners were keen to keep me on and [co-owner] John Richards and Darren stuck really solid with me."

The 30-year-old said she had dreamt of the moment since she was five years old, and had a feeling she would win it today.

"The most funny thing is my sister Margaret and I both had a feeling I was going to win and I actually had a really strong feeling I was going to win but I thought 'don't be stupid, it's the Melbourne Cup'."

"It was like it was meant to be."

6 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

haha too funny and she is right.. a lot of trainers and owners tend to opt for the more seasoned male jockeys in the cups, I don't think it's a secret :)  

well if it take s 150 + years and the worst track served up in his story to finally fluke one imo maybe thier right, n0?

I, too, did not hear Michelle Payne use the phrase "get stuffed" and I note that the quote attributed to her is inaccurate as it appears in Leggy's post. I believe that she said that a number of the owners wanted to replace her, not keep her on.

Prince Of Penzance was my selection for 21st in that I would have had it to finish in the last four, but I have nothing but praise and respect for what Ms Payne and Darren Weir have achieved today. It's their day today and they can say anything that they want to, as long as it is accurate, and when the Australian thoroughbred racing industry is termed "chauvinistic", that is most certainly accurate. Personally, I would use much stronger language to describe the attitudes and actions of a significant number of industry participants who, in my opinion, are still struggling to bring their mentality into the twentieth century, let alone the current one.

All the best.

Ashoka

No Zelda.. it was a good ride and she deserved it, she used her head, she stayed where she wanted to be, no matter what pressure she got and she went for the gaps when she thought it was right, knowing the horse she had under her.   A good jockey is a good jockey.

Nah good on her, I'd be dirty on the owners if they wanted to shaft me and good on Weir for keeping her on he's a good trainer and a good bloke so it's a great result all round. There's a few people I'd tell where to go if I had 5 mins and a global audience, good for her fight the power etc

30 minutes ago, Ashoka said:

I, too, did not hear Michelle Payne use the phrase "get stuffed" and I note that the quote attributed to her is inaccurate as it appears in Leggy's post.

Have a listen to the end of the interview Ashoka. http://www.3news.co.nz/sport/video-michelle-payne-interview-after-winning-melbourne-cup-2015110317#axzz3qP1h4qGh

About 1.56. Dead on and good on her. Hopefully she'll give them one or two more before the night is over!

Having just watched a repeat, I heard Michelle Payne use the phrase "get stuffed" in reference to those who doubt a female's ability to get the job done when riding a racehorse. I stand corrected. However, her use of the said phrase was both appropriate and acceptable in the given circumstances, in my opinion. I'm with Chestnut...Ms Payne's reaction to winning the Cup was refreshingly honest without any cringe worthy whooping and carrying on. Good on her.

All the best.

Ashoka

Leggy...

I posted before reading your subsequent post. I take it that you agree that she, in fact, stated that some of the owners wanted to replace her ("kick me off"). I note that the written story accompanying the video is incorrect. Shame.

Thank you for posting the video.

Cheers.

Ashoka