RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Uriah Heap

World Cup Round Up

The best Rugby World Cup final? Had to be. It was close, it had physicality, skill, tries and a drop goal. Something for everyone.

Best try at the World Cup? Without a shred of doubt it was the Japanese try to win the match vs South Africa. Multiple phases after 80 minutes, through the hands, in the corner for the match winner.

Best All Black of the Year? - Ma'a Nonu. Outstanding all year.

Most Unsung All Black hero's? The two locks. Whitelock and Retalick. Week in week out.

Best All Black Team ever? My memories only go back to the 60's, so the only ones I can compare with are 1965 to 69 and 1987 to 89. But what about 1905 and 1924? It's too hard to call.

Best world 1st Five ever? Without a doubt. Dan is the complete package. Topped the All Black tackle count in the final?? Right down to those looks that make my wife swoon.

Best All Black ever? Sir Richie's a great leader and competitor, but I'm not so sure about this one. I've had Sir Colin Meads on the pedestal for 50 years and I'm not keen to let go just yet. He's got great mana and the legend continues to grow with time. I think we should wait ten years to decide on this one. And "Yes" - he should retire now.

Best ever?

There will never be a "best ever"      Different era - different game - another "best ever" in 50 years time.     Remember the so called experts will be people who probably never saw Sir Richie play like many today who never saw Sir Colin on the field.      Just lets remember them for what they are - the best (or one of the best) of their time!