RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GONSTA

Pathetic quaddie pools

Have noticed the quaddie pools for NZ greyhound racing the last few months have been bordering on embarrassing. Apart from the 10k guaranteed quad on Sunday, your lucky to be betting into a pool of over 2-3k, with the early quads averaging just over the 1k mark I would be picking... Gotta feel sorry for the mugs betting a decent amount on a low % ticket without a chance to get a return regardless of who wins. 

Todays quaddie pool down south with the added turnover of those tuning into Kaikoura were $777 and $1163.

I suggest punters ditch the quaddie until the tab come to the party and sort these abysmal pools out. My turnover on quads has definitely gone offshore. 

3 minutes ago, lad27 said:

U should tri a trebble. Double is pretty much waste of time and effort

Are you taking the piss? There was 8 trebles on NZ greyhounds today and the average pool size was $645. One of them shamefully struggled to get over $400. 

The only plus side the treble has going for it is they terminate, but that happens very rarely on NZ greyhound racing, especially considering it only costs $26 to take a F/F/F treb.

Have to laugh when someone gets a treble on the dogs with say a 10% or 5% ticket and they are the only one's to crack it. Pool has $800 in it and they extrapulate the return out to $8000. Trev then comes on the radio, and the Trackside host rave on what a huge treble it was. They must think punters are as silly as them.

Saturday night racing at Addington ~ very concerning.

Quaddie pool = $2155 (Trevor suggested a $96 ticket for his selections)

C5 middle distance race 9:47pm ($3600 purse)

Win pool: $2,156 
Place pool: $1,407 
Quinella  pool: $970 
Trifecta pool: $1,643  
First4 pool: $531  
Treble pool: $768

C2D Distance race 9:12pm ($3500 purse)

Win pool: $3,178 
Place pool: $2,395 
Quinella  pool: $1,324 
Trifecta pool: $1,992  
First4 pool: $3,267  ($578 brought forward)

This is the reality of our domestic turnover. The fools past and present running racing in NZ have effectively destroyed the local domestic industry.  Take away co mingling and it all collapses.  As we are seeing at the momment, co mingling is no certainty. The useless TAB still havn't solved this issue with Australia on exotics because the greedy TAB need a bigger takeout rate to support all the bludgers involved with running NZ Racing.

As far as I know the win and place pools are still commingled so why not utilise those pools and take an all up double, treble and quaddie or maybe do it through a poker bet, the difference being is that you either pick your own race legs or use the race legs the TAB has chosen.

The question still remains when you win at these options would your returns be bigger or smaller if a punter were to invest in the now non commingled pools

I believe this is an opportunity worth considering, that's my opinion

good luck and good punting

dugdog