RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GONSTA

Treble logic

Can anyone explain to me the TAB's logic on Australian racing by only having 2 trebles on meetings with 9+ races? It's bemused me for years, on a day such as derby day with 9 races you would think that they would have 3 trebles starting on r1 but no they have 2 trebles starting on r3!! Melbourne cup day, you'd think SURELY they would include a treble on the MELBOURNE cup race, but no there's 10 races and they decide to have 2 trebles on races 2,3,4 and 8,9,10... Not the biggest issue in racing at the moment but they must have some reason for it? 

I'm not sure of the answer to your question but is seems bizarre. I am going to have a quick gripe about the TAB if I may. Every time I place a bet with the tab I seem top get some bonus $5 draw email from the tab be it racing rugby league or football. It doesn't bother me all but by the same token it doesn't encourage me to bet with them either. On Saturday night I was going to take Ma'a Nonu to score a try, I looked at the odds the tab had him at $2.70 which I though was a little bit skinny for a final. I went on to my offshore account and the same thing was paying $4.50. Needless to say which odds I took. I can't help but feel that they would be better off redirecting some of these bonus draw funds (if the amounts they claim they have given away are correct) in to more competitive odds.   

I think there are too many trebles, doubles and quaddies. etc. on all meetings.  All it does is dilute the pool sizes.  There's only so much money to go round.  Most of the once a year punters tomorrow won't be taking trebles anyway.  It's all Big Race Packs and then back on the turps for them.

I like trebles,...always have, Doubles always pay under the all up odds (possibly to cater for concession) but they should have been

scrapped in Nana And Pops day, when she used to take 3&6 first leg, with 6&3 second leg..her lucky housie no.s....Peter Kelly days.

Treble on the other hand, always pay over the all up prices of the three winners...you can chuck as many as you like in each leg, or

Anchor one in 1st,2nd or 3rd leg and put others around it in other 2 legs...% bet, so you can easily work out by multiplying your %.

E.G 4x5x1=20...so  $20% Treb you get whole treb...$10% treb you get 1/2 treb dividend...$5% treb you get 1/4 of the treb dividend.

Good for small interest punters E.G (big fields/big div/today melb) 5 horses x 5 x 4 in the last leg= 100 so $10% treb = 10% of treb div.

Sorry for getting off the subject and the maths lesson...but in short ...I like trebles, lots of hard luck stories but get a few too!