RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
biff

Grass Roots.

Today I attended Woodville races. I havent been there since 1970. Although it was a very small attendance, there was a nice, friendly and amiable atmosphere. Food was plentiful and dirt cheap. The standard of the food was better than what I've experienced as a member of Sydney Turf Club and then ATC. Randwick and Rosehill could learn from the catering at Woodville. The racing was keen and the track perfect.

What a great advertisment for racing the club is, I'd like to congratulate the club and it's management and especially the staff there today.

I wouldn't hesitate to nom and accept for my horses there in the future, it's only downside is the poor stakesmoney available, and that's not the clubs fault, that negative belongs with the no hopers that construe NZTR, for the sake of Woodville's future and clubs like them I hope we see the back of the incumbents at Petone and a new, innovative and invigorated team installed so all clubs can not only survive but prosper......IMO.

Quite agree, Biff

We've raced a few horses at Woodville, (and won a few races). The track is always in tip-top condition, the stewards are friendly, and you get the feeling that everyone on course really wants to be there, and enjoys the occasion. Would I race a horse at Woodville again? Emphatically yes! It's my favourite course in the lower North island.

nearco

Agree with all your comments Biff was a very enjoyable day yesterday . Fantastic surface and many close finishes with some good vocals cheering supporters horses home. Even the beers were cheap $5 a Heineken ( take not AKL) . 

Never been to Woodville races but another small club that needs a mention for wonderful race days is Dargaville. Went there a couple of years ago for a midweek race and was fantastic. Large crowd, great atmosphere and the standard of the toheroa fritters cooked for trainers etc for breakfast was fantastic. Big thumbs up for Dargaville......hope its still as good and hope to return with a horse soon!!!