RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Dazzer

Addington today

Trying to work for a living gets in the way of my gambling interests!

What happened at Addington today??  At least we know it wasn't the jockeys.

The bigger frustration for me is the lack of information on tab.co.nz.  Races abandoned but no information as to why.

https://www.thedogs.co.nz/catch-the-action/11886/stewards-report.aspx

Weather: Fine
Track: Good The start of the days racing was put back two races after Stewards and Trainers had some concerns with the condition of the track surface. Whilst attempts were made in that time to remedy the situation the track was not able to be brought up to a satisfactory standard. After further discussing the matter with Trainers and the Club it was deemed the only appropriate action was to abandon the meeting. 
Scales: Correct at all weights.

The good news, fine weather & the scales are spot on. The prefect day for visiting Weight Watchers.

Edited by Yankiwi

Too windy for the track curator to do her job properly yesterday after the trials by all accounts, despite numerous trainers not noticing any wind during trials yesterday.

The track was like a motorcross track with all the dips and dives along with the patchy holes, how they thought they would race on the track the way it was defies belief.

https://www.thedogs.co.nz/catch-the-action/11886/stewards-report.aspx

Weather: Fine
Track: Good The start of the days racing was put back two races after Stewards and Trainers had some concerns with the condition of the track surface. Whilst attempts were made in that time to remedy the situation the track was not able to be brought up to a satisfactory standard. After further discussing the matter with Trainers and the Club it was deemed the only appropriate action was to abandon the meeting. 
Scales: Correct at all weights.

The good news, fine weather & the scales are spot on. The prefect day for visiting Weight Watchers.

be interesting to know what is wrong with track ,  trainers spend weeks on getting there dogs ready why cant the club inspect the track a lot earlier to avoid unnecessary travel   surely they would have known the track was unsafe 

Edited by gary1

Thanks for the info.  I may have done a man look on the dogs site but from my point of view, the general communications across the racing industry has to improve.  Again, happy to take any corrections, but the TAB twitter feed had a couple of rugby related tweets and some fixed odds stuff yet nothing on the abandonment.  The world has changed and now information is expected - hiding information from your customers doesn't work ... ask VW! Perhaps not the fairest comparison but I simply get frustrated that the TAB can happily take my money but provides such poor communication to its customers.  It's easily fixed - the tools and there - all it needs is the will and a little bit of effort.

GRNZ has decided to oblige.

https://www.thedogs.co.nz/News.aspx?NewsID=1736

"CHCH Meeting abandoned 20/10/2015 due to safety concerns.

After a number of unsuccessful attempts to rectify the issue of uneven undulations around the running area of the track, the decision to abandoned  the meeting was made by the Racing Integrity Unit. This decision was endorsed by club management, and a number of participants in the best interest of the dogs welfare and safety.

A further update on this enquiry will be made as information comes to hand." 

Yes information may have been slower to move then some may have liked, but it did eventually become available & I see that as some improvement. 

When they couldn't get a guinea pig to chase the lure to test the track & it became apparent that a greyhound may have to be chored with the task, at least someone had a big enough set of acorns to make the seemingly difficult decision & put the dogs welfare before the dollars.

It's not often I praise a decision made by the RIU, but this is one of them.

Thanks for that.  Was unable to reply last night.  I had not checked the RIU site so I clearly withdraw any comments that may have implied they weren't doing their best to communicate.  In fact, it appears the opposite - quick clear communication using the best of digital tools.  So well done RIU.

And yes good to see thedogs site provide some info albeit last night.

However, as a customer of the TAB, the issue still remains that they simply refuse to communicate.  While in my active roles within the industry a single TAB service makes sense, I am increasingly viewing that competition is the only way to improve service to the customers which will in turn retain existing punters and grow the market.  

Thanks for that.  Was unable to reply last night.  I had not checked the RIU site so I clearly withdraw any comments that may have implied they weren't doing their best to communicate.  In fact, it appears the opposite - quick clear communication using the best of digital tools.  So well done RIU.

No worries Dazzer,

Experience has personally taught me that after putting my foot in my mouth on here for the world to read, the taste dissipates fairly quickly.

If/when an RIU investigator turns up on my doorstep, that's when I'll really have to remember how to dance. :)