RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
globederby12

STOP PRESS

NZ in tears after All Blacks win by only 49 points. The fall out from this will be all over the News, as nervous NZ digest the outcome.

Come in Duncan

Just in case Duncan is unavailable I will give you my input. Don't give up your day job by the way. 

Always amuses me when somebody comes on a site like this to gloat before the players in the game are even back in the changing shed. 

You picked the All Blacks to win well and they did. Well done. I hoped they would win by the 30+ plus but due to the glorious uncertainty of sport I don't as a rule take any results for granted.

Lets just clarify two facts. You picked the hot fav to win and they did, so do try and find some perspective. It should also be pointed out before you award yourself a players medal that as much as you'd like to claim it you didn't actually have any input into the result.

As for the match. It was a magnificent performance from the All Blacks and a real pleasure to view. I must admit to feeling relief that they would perform so beautifully after some previous below par performances against relative minnows in pool play. Julian Savea's try that was a Jonah Lomu impression was superb to watch and a real highlight. Dan Carter had a great match which was also a welcomed relief. The entire team will be dining out on that game for many years to come and rightly so.

Where do we go from here? The Irish will expect to beat Argentina in the quarter and I'd be shocked if Australia didn't put Scotland to the sword.

One very likely semi: Ireland v Australia. Second semi will be All Blacks v Springboks

Likely finalists will be what most predicted: All Blacks v Australia. If that's what unfolds it will be a final for the ages.

Who wins if that is the scenario? I believe it is too close to call. Will be hoping and screaming for the All Blacks but Australia are looking very strong and well organised also. Nothing can be taken for granted.

I have two concerns if we get to cross this bridge. The first is obviously a very good Australian side and the second is what will be left in the All Black's tank? It was obviously a huge relief and a very emotional result this morning against the French.  The All Blacks have repeatedly spoken of their build up this week to this match. Now they have to repeat that build up probably even more so for the South African match. Get through that and then comes the big one. I don't think it's negative to factor in the effect highly charged build ups and results can have on any sporting team. 

My predictions.

Ireland beat Argentina in a tight match. 

Australia beat Scotland handsomely and impressively. 

All Blacks beat South Africa by 10+ in a hard fought match.

Australia beat Ireland by 10+.

The final could go either way and I expect the winning margin to be between three and eight points.

Fingers crossed that winning team is the All Blacks.

Agree Jim that we will beat SA,and by more than 10. After watching their match ,they don't look capable of coping with our speed to both the breakdowns and offloads from ball carriers. The instruction must have been ,whenever possible don't take the tackle, offload . That was as clinical as one will get ,beautiful to watch.

I disagree about Ireland winning.This Argy side has far more attacking flair than usual,they are finally waking up . Argentina for me ,but only just.

If they do  the Semi will be a bottler.

Still hold to my opinion that we will win it in a canter.Time will tell

The Irish support is huge Globe and if they can get past their injury woes they will be very hard to get past. Argentina deserve their spot so will be a good match. Hope you're right about the final. This Australian team have looked very impressive on attack and defence so the final will be a beauty if it's the two sides from down under. I don't think either team will win easily but time will tell. Fingers crossed we get past the line first in front of Australia. Them having bragging rights for the next four years will likely leave a bad after taste and no doubt they will remind us often that they beat us when it matters most. bas tards.

Ireland might give the Wobblies all they want if they get there Jim. The best of the Northern sides by some way, and that spirit they have can galvanise a side, as the Welsh have proved in recent matches they really didn't deserve to lose.

We seem to have got through the French match relatively unscathed, and our strength in depth will tell in the end. Hopefully the Scots and the Irish will give the Australians a right going over physically then we'll see what they've got. Pocock and Folau missing against Scotland won't help them there either.

Not concerned about the Boks. Struggled to put away a depleted Welsh side and Meyers lunatic response at the end there looked like the actions of a very, very relieved man. They won't be that lucky next week......:D

Edited by Ohokaman

How were you feeling at full time of this mornings match Ohokaman? I'm betting you were gutted, as most of world rugby was. Everyone's 2nd favourite team cut down by the dagger in the back,that is Craig Joubert's whistle. The same dagger that went into the Crusaders in 2014, So the very same kicker could snatch the game in the final minute. Joubert later admitted he got that one wrong, but I don't think he will this time.

Whatever happened to the Ref putting the whistle away in the final 5 minutes??

Diabolical and heartbreaking way to be sent packing from the cup. I'm a fan of the Australian team but felt the Scots boys deserved to win the match. I appreciate at the end of the day that counts for diddly.

What I didn't understand is why on such a massive call the ref didn't use the T.M.O. Surely that's why it's there?

Must be a very powerful feeling for certain refs to solely decide and dictate which country wins such a huge match by a single blow of his whistle.

Boy did you see the way Joubert ran off the pitch ,like a shot out of a gun. He must have known he had cocked up bigtime,and feared for his safety.

The decision was probably right,but really!!, with one minute to go and considering some he had let go or missed earlier.

Im a Scot by heritage and was gutted for the Scottish side. Terrible way to have the game snatched away.

I now think the Wobblies could be cannon fodder for a rampant Argentina.

Bring it on

That was without doubt the best performance I can recall from a Scottish side. We went to their 2011 W.C game at Eden Park against the English who were pretty average at the tournament. The Scots were even more average than the English.

Not so today. They were superb.

Cant agree on Australia being cannon fodder for Argentina. The Australians were poor today in comparison to their earlier superb performances. Bernard Foley especially was woeful and looked like a possum caught in the headlights. Fair to say he looked a bit like Dan Carter did earlier in pool play before finding his best form against the French. Foley kicked the winning penalty goal so took the glory home but apart from that missed several conversions and penalties etc etc. Cant see him doing that twice in a row. They were due an average game and played that today. I feel they will be stung back into action.

Argentina were brilliant today against a depleted Irish side who had already run their race. They will meet a much better and more organised opponent in the semi final. Australia by 10+ for me. 

Apparently the referee can only go to the TMO for foul play or scoring actions...this according to a senior referee official.

Felt for the Scottish boys ( avatar gives that away ) as they deserved it...very cruel way to go out at this stage. A bit naive there at the end in not controlling the ball for those last couple of minutes but thems the breaks..

Aussies rode their luck and didn't play that well, but still won. With Folau and Pocock back they will have to step up next week.

What's the inside word on when we put our money on Ted? They are too short to unload on at the moment. Do we wait till half time when Australia are leading 15-3 and The All Blacks have blown out to $4 after a go slow?