RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Jay4

TAB cheating again

After combining funds to have a syndicate bet today. We tried to hit subic bay with $4000. The dog opened at $3. The bet came back at $1000 at $3. A loss for the tab if the dog happened to beat good dogs like speed lorde who was an 18.32 winner at auckland a couple of starts ago,of $2000 (wow!!!!!).  The dog was brought into $2. After a phone call asking why this is,  the bet was removed. The dog did not go back out to $3. Stayed at $2 with not a cent on it. 

You call yourself bookies. Why do you not accept a bet at a price you offer? You are always advertising people having bets of $10000 here $10000 there on horses. I suggest you are full of it!!!!! Only do it to suck people into have a bet on things you want.  You could bring the dog into $1.20 after if you like and adjust the book to suit to cover.  I'm sure people would jump into dogs like speed lorde at 5.50 or 6 bucks.

I like to think you guys have come along way since you ripped me off with harajuku boy first start in the early PC days, but clearly you have not!

Jay 4

sorry cant really follow what your saying? you had $4000 and you wanted to back subic bay @$3 and the bet come back @ $1000 @ $3? Did you not place your bet @ fixed odds? Ive never had any issues with placing decent bets on @ fixed odds

Jay 4

sorry cant really follow what your saying? you had $4000 and you wanted to back subic bay @$3 and the bet come back @ $1000 @ $3? Did you not place your bet @ fixed odds? Ive never had any issues with placing decent bets on @ fixed odds

obviously he placed it on fixed odds, what I don't understand is how the $1000 bet was removed after you rang up to find out why they didn't accept the 4K bet? That doesn't sound legal and I would definitely contact someone with more authority than the help desk. It was a bloody nice win by that dog who looks to have a bright future here in NZ. Gotta love the magic sprites!

it makes me sick seeing the TAB announce $100k bets on the thoroughbreds and i know of numerous people that struggle to get on fixed odds NZ greyhound racing. They are just pathetic.

Josh, they don't mind letting continuous losing punters on for decent amounts!! 

Jay4.

I bet on harness fixed solely.

I am on restrictions of only being able to net $2,000 per bet and have been for a long time on my account.

On course I have even been restricted.

The TAB are not bookies but more accountants, although Australian betting agencies will close your account if you consistently win.

Yes, I myself sometimes doubt that these big bets are really being taken by the bookies when they tend to be only allowing punters to win only 2k

Yes turns out the account we were betting with is capped. Mine is not because I give more than enough back. Should have used mine, would have been fine. Seems wrong to not go back to $3 with no bets on even if they now know obviously it goes alright. They set the market.

you know the odds, now beat them!!!!!!unless you're......................

Jay4.

yes there are a certain number of investors in NZ that the TAB don't like paying out to.

$2000 is a pathetically small amount to be able to win per bet, especially when they take massive bets from others supposedly.

I blogged about this on the harness cafe a few weeks ago.

Would have been fine for a maiden on a Wednesday at Wanganui but a C4 sprint first up in NZ on a silent lure, having never seen the track and up against a C5 dog that had run 21-04, 3 days earlier at Cambridge????

Can't wait till they replace the humans with machines to set the odds ........... at least it will be fairer unless VW computers are used. :-) 

Yes turns out the account we were betting with is capped. Mine is not because I give more than enough back. Should have used mine, would have been fine. Seems wrong to not go back to $3 with no bets on even if they now know obviously it goes alright. They set the market.

you know the odds, now beat them!!!!!!unless you're......................

so why was the $1000 bet removed...?  Take it further mate, they can't accept a bet for 1k for it to magically disappear? Seems rather weird to me. I would be absolutely fuming.

Would have been fine for a maiden on a Wednesday at Wanganui but a C4 sprint first up in NZ on a silent lure, having never seen the track and up against a C5 dog that had run 21-04, 3 days earlier at Cambridge????

Can't wait till they replace the humans with machines to set the odds ........... at least it will be fairer unless VW computers are used. :-) 

My account isn't capped, happy to help you out in enhance for a few tips and 5% :-) lol

so why was the $1000 bet removed...?  Take it further mate, they can't accept a bet for 1k for it to magically disappear? Seems rather weird to me. I would be absolutely fuming.

On the radio yesterday the punter said that he requested the bet be cancelled, as he was pissed off about the whole bet not being accepted.

Apparently the odds came into $2 when the $1,000 bet was accepted, and then was never lengthened out against when this bet was cancelled... so despite having no liability on the dog, the price remained shortened at $2.  Pretty poor form from the bookies!

Food for thought....

https://www.consumer.org.nz/articles/fair-trading-act

"Unfair practices

Unfair practices are selling methods that mislead you. Unfair practices which are illegal under the Fair Trading Act include:

•Bait advertising - when a seller advertises particular goods or services at a particular price, and doesn't intend supplying or selling reasonable quantities at that price."

On 04/10/2015, 16:23:20, Jay4 said:

After combining funds to have a syndicate bet today. We tried to hit subic bay with $4000. The dog opened at $3. The bet came back at $1000 at $3. A loss for the tab if the dog happened to beat good dogs like speed lorde who was an 18.32 winner at auckland a couple of starts ago,of $2000 (wow!!!!!).  The dog was brought into $2. After a phone call asking why this is,  the bet was removed. The dog did not go back out to $3. Stayed at $2 with not a cent on it. 

You call yourself bookies. Why do you not accept a bet at a price you offer? You are always advertising people having bets of $10000 here $10000 there on horses. I suggest you are full of it!!!!! Only do it to suck people into have a bet on things you want.  You could bring the dog into $1.20 after if you like and adjust the book to suit to cover.  I'm sure people would jump into dogs like speed lorde at 5.50 or 6 bucks.

I like to think you guys have come along way since you ripped me off with harajuku boy first start in the early PC days, but clearly you have not!

https://www.tab.co.nz/information/#news/2015-10-31/biggest-bet-in-tab-history

"JUST IN: We have received our biggest wager since betting started in New Zealand in 1961.

$400,000 has been placed on the All Blacks to beat the Wallabies in the Rugby World Cup Final at $1.35.

Should the ABs win tomorrow morning in London, the bet will return $540,000.

The $400,000 wager eclipses the previous biggest bet of $220,000 placed on Brazil to beat China during the Football World Cup in 2002.

The All Blacks are currently $1.35 favourites to beat the Wallabies ($3.00), and 86% of the money is on the All Blacks to win.

The bet was placed at an undisclosed location in the North Island and the punter does not want to be identified."

So what exactly is this wager on offer?

https://www.tab.co.nz/racing/#919

Under the T&C's, there's no listing as to what a "winner without" bet type is.

http://www.tab.co.nz/help/tc-rules/tc-rules.html

It's crazy to have a punt when you don't know exactly what you're betting on, isn't it? (is my assumption the same as the TAB's assumption?)

What a joke.

6 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

So what exactly is this wager on offer?

https://www.tab.co.nz/racing/#919

Under the T&C's, there's no listing as to what a "winner without" bet type is.

http://www.tab.co.nz/help/tc-rules/tc-rules.html

It's crazy to have a punt when you don't know exactly what you're betting on, isn't it? (is my assumption the same as the TAB's assumption?)

What a joke.

I say good on them, it's obviously the dog that wins the race, or runs 2nd behind Dyna Vikkers. They used to run this option on every harness race where there was a $1.5 fav or less fixed. 

The betting options I find morally wrong are ones such as 'Will Nick Willis get a medal in the 1500m at the Olympics?' And the only betting option is Yes at $3.

1 minute ago, GONSTA said:

I say good on them, it's obviously the dog that wins the race, or runs 2nd behind Dyna Vikkers. They used to run this option on every harness race where there was a $1.5 fav or less fixed. 

Cheers for sharing your assumption.

Who's to say all options won't lose if Dyna Vikkers even starts the race? That would define "without"!

I won't have a punt on anything if I don't know what the rules are before placing it.

Anyone who had a losing punt on race 7 at the Manukau dogs yesterday could make a case against the TAB for a refund, do to being mislead by the information provided by them. The stewards report offers most of the evidence you'd need.

https://www.thedogs.co.nz/catch-the-action/11917/stewards-report.aspx

Judicial report: The authorisation of placings for Race 7 was withheld until the Stewards were satisfied that BOTANY HOLLY had started from the correct box after incorrect information was shown on the TAB website. After making investigations Stewards were satisfied that the dog had started from the correct box and payment was duly authorised.

The payment of dividends was withheld until the Stewards were satisfied BOTANY HOLLY had started from the correct box (box 1) after the box draw was incorrectly displayed on the TAB website. After Stewards were satisfied that the dog had started from the correct box payment was duly authorised. Subsequent investigations determined the club had correctly advised the box draw to the TAB at scratching time, however the TAB website incorrectly showed BOTANY HOLLY to be drawn from box 7

A few months back when I was following the aussie dogs I had a small investment on a dog at albion park one sunday night.  Ran nowhere but I got my money back after I contacted the tab and pointed out the field shown on the nz tab website had  contained some runners that were not even listed as being in the field. I'm guessing the aussies never told our tab that the field was redrawn..

I wont be complaining to the TAB this time.

large.image001.jpg.6df2e8b36819ea8a25bd9

Luckily I was on Where's Carlos to place, although only a ten spot in the end, as it was a two place dividend race.

However, I don't understand how the all clear could be rightfully given. The race was not run in the manner which nearly every publication was printed, bar those on course. What percentage of turnover was wagered at the course?

On 10/4/2015, 4:23:20, Jay4 said:

Jay, they're not bookmakers backsides, impersonating a bookmaker is as close as they get. The blowhard who spruiks about the size of the bets they accept...what a joke, but then it's all a joke there, they pick up a pay packet, if they had to catch and kill their own they'd starve to death.