RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jimsmith

How do the All Blacks beat Australia?

Nothing wrong with my comprehension actually, I like winding you up, email my Bro he will fill you in if you like.

Yes, Bro happens to be related ,lucky him.

No misspelling in this yet,hope you,re not upset Jimmy.

Any how back to being a positive Kiwi and not part of a Nation of knockers and worrywarts.

B) GO THE AB'SB)

Eh Bro

My god man. You are incredibly boring. You get on your soap box bleating about bloody defeatist kiwi's and when somebody highlights the crap you talk you say it was all a joke.

So funny bro. Please tell me when I should laugh. 

Going by the amount of posts you have on other Racecafe forums,I would be right in saying that you are an opinionated little prick,

or could that be a big prick?,oh well I digress,have a nice day Jimmy.You don't mind if I call you Jimmy,do you?, seems such an apt name for the above observations.

Regards Globe

Going by the amount of posts you have on other Racecafe forums,I would be right in saying that you are an opinionated little prick,

or could that be a big prick?,oh well I digress,have a nice day Jimmy.You don't mind if I call you Jimmy,do you?, seems such an apt name for the above observations.

Regards Globe

You're a brave wee man aren't you. I bet your keyboard was trembling as you banged down on the keys.

You are right in that I'm opinionated. What the fark point is there being on a site like this if you're not?

You on the other hand are incredibly boring,not in the slightest bit humorous and arrogant believe your perspective on Rugby and all top sport should be the final word. I bloody pleased your messages are short as I'd fall asleep if they were more than two paragraphs. Obviously that's all you're capable of and your grammar etc highlight someone with learning difficulties who probably left school aged 13. I'm picking your role in the harness industry from that age until now is to follow the horses around with your bucket. You are a tough guy who does not take shit from anyone....except horses.   

Well said Duncan.  It is Duncan is it not. Someone else on here alluded to the fact. Keep writing your encyclopaedic opinions, I'm sure it amuses a few on here. I have kept it short again, one can say so much in so few words

is it? you're telling the story and as per usual with every post you ever put up is incredibly boring and devoid of any worth.

That's how you beat em. Like we always do in the games that matter. All you doomsayers and naysayers go back to your knitting this is Mens work. 

The cream rises on the big occasion as you saw this morning. All this bellyaching about Rich missing a tackle against the Reds in super rugby and Carts missing a kick against the Cheetahs is bollicks. WCup 2015 was what they were after 

I'm as patriotic about NZ sports teams as any Kiwi especially when it comes to playing Australia in any sport but I do my very best to not let heart rule head when it comes to sporting outcomes. I was stoked with every aspect of the Rugby World Cup final especially the result but that does not mean I and many others were ignorant and wrong to express concern about pool play results.

Regardless of fact or circumstance many punters can and will only see what they want to see in results etc.

My comparisons.

In it's previous World Cup wins NZ have been very impressive in pool play. NZ really struggled in times in pool play at this World Cup. Compare them with Australia.

Australia in pool A the toughest pool. They beat Fiji by 15 points in their first game. Displayed very good attack and defence. NZ in pool C beat Argentina by 10 points in their first game and struggled to do so. Argentina were leading  16-12 at the 50 minute mark. Argentina scored a try against the All Blacks. Australia beat Argentina by 14 points and Argentina were unable to score a try against them.

NZ beat Namibia but most pundits expected them to rack up 100 points. Instead the winning margin was 44 points. The score was 41-14 with 20 minutes to go. NZ scored two tries in the last five minutes to give the scoreboard more respectability. Australia beat Uruguay by 62-3. Australia scored 11 tries highlighting a very good attack. No tries conceded highlighting a very good defence,

NZ beat Georgia by 33 points but that match was very messy to watch. From the 22nd minute until the 52nd minute NZ were unable to score a single point against Georgia. Again we scored two tries in the last five minutes to give the scoreboard more respectability. Dan Carter looked right out of form. Missed three conversions. Failed to find touch at a crucial moment. Threw the ball out with a no look pass. Few alarm bells going off. Meanwhile Australia beat the impressive Wales by 11 points. Wales unable to score a try against Australia. Then Australia beat a desperate England at home by 20 points. Several of the Australian team looked in outstanding form.

At that point of the tournament people were not being negative or unpatriotic to express concerns.  We hadn't looked anywhere near as flash as many expected while Australia had looked very impressive. Ok it was only pool play and NZ had bigger fish to fry later on but many expected more and better.

NZ were very impressive against France. Highly motivated and focused. The Dan Carter of old turned up. Despite only beating South Africa by 2 the All Blacks for the first time were now deserved World Cup favs. The fact South Africa had earlier been beaten by the Japanese had no bearing on the importance of that win. Meanwhile Australia were very fortunate to get past Scotland.

I didn't bet on the Final which was a first for me. I just couldn't get a line on how things would unfold. Lots of attacking flair all over the park on both sides but two superb and focused defences. Couldn't decide if it was going to be an open high scoring game or a tight low scoring affair. NZ deserved to start favs but I'm not going to back a $1.35 fav in a two horse race especially when the other horse beat the hot fav a couple of months back. The only thing I was confident of was it being a tight game. I just hoped it would be an exciting game and that NZ would win. It was a magnificent game. Very likely the best I've ever seen. NZ were just awesome and obviously the best team won. Having said that it spoke volumes for Australia that they dragged the score back from 21-3 just after half time to 21-17 at the 65 minute mark. From that point on NZ were enormous especially Dan Carter. Australia on the other hand were tragic. They knocked the ball on three times when attacking in the last 15 minutes. They lost the game right there. That was very unlike Australia. It appeared as if the effort to get back into the match had taken it's toll. If one of those three knock on's had not occurred who knows what the result would have been. The last knock on led to the Barrett try but by then the game was all over bar the shouting. Terrific game of Rugby. The All Blacks won on and off the field and the game of Rugby was the biggest winner of all.

Some perspective would be helpful. NZ started a hot fav to win the Cup. Rugby is NZ's national game and we are the best in the world from one year to the next. Rugby is not the national game in Australia. Cricket is,followed by AFL and NRL.  I appreciate those factors can often count for very little. We all saw what happened to Brazil at the last football World Cup.

NZ are the best in the world and when it mattered most they stood up and proved that. They should be hugely proud of their achievement and we in them.

An aspect of this game that will live long in my memory was the class displayed by both teams post match. No excuses by the Australian players especially their captain. They openly admitted they had been beaten by the better team. Australia had given their everything and come up short. The NZ captain and coach paid huge respect to Australia. In my experience this sort of thing is only ever done in a perfunctory manner but the praise dished out was sincere. NZ displayed empathy toward the Australians knowing how shite they would be feeling. That sort of class spoke volumes. The NZ cricket team displayed the same class at their last world cup despite several of the Australians being right wankers.

The worst aspect of this result for me has been the things NZ supporters have written on NZ news websites post match. They could have let the game and result do the talking. Instead many were determined to rub the noses of the Australians in shite. This was not friendly Trans Tasman banter. It was nasty kick you while you're down classless crap. We have taught the Australians how to behave and treat your opposition when we lose. They are known for being arrogant winners. We taught them how to treat your opposition when we win. They are known for being dickheads when they lose. Sadly these lessons were lost on some NZ supporters. Without doubt that will come back and bite us right on the arse sooner or later.

In the mean time we can enjoy being the best in the World at Rugby for another four years and be immensely proud of this All Black team. 

1 hour ago, jimsmith said:

I'm as patriotic about NZ sports teams as any Kiwi especially when it comes to playing Australia in any sport but I do my very best to not let heart rule head when it comes to sporting outcomes. I was stoked with every aspect of the Rugby World Cup final especially the result but that does not mean I and many others were ignorant and wrong to express concern about pool play results.

Regardless of fact or circumstance many punters can and will only see what they want to see in results etc.

My comparisons.

In it's previous World Cup wins NZ have been very impressive in pool play. NZ really struggled in times in pool play at this World Cup. Compare them with Australia.

Australia in pool A the toughest pool. They beat Fiji by 15 points in their first game. Displayed very good attack and defence. NZ in pool C beat Argentina by 10 points in their first game and struggled to do so. Argentina were leading  16-12 at the 50 minute mark. Argentina scored a try against the All Blacks. Australia beat Argentina by 14 points and Argentina were unable to score a try against them.

NZ beat Namibia but most pundits expected them to rack up 100 points. Instead the winning margin was 44 points. The score was 41-14 with 20 minutes to go. NZ scored two tries in the last five minutes to give the scoreboard more respectability. Australia beat Uruguay by 62-3. Australia scored 11 tries highlighting a very good attack. No tries conceded highlighting a very good defence,

NZ beat Georgia by 33 points but that match was very messy to watch. From the 22nd minute until the 52nd minute NZ were unable to score a single point against Georgia. Again we scored two tries in the last five minutes to give the scoreboard more respectability. Dan Carter looked right out of form. Missed three conversions. Failed to find touch at a crucial moment. Threw the ball out with a no look pass. Few alarm bells going off. Meanwhile Australia beat the impressive Wales by 11 points. Wales unable to score a try against Australia. Then Australia beat a desperate England at home by 20 points. Several of the Australian team looked in outstanding form.

At that point of the tournament people were not being negative or unpatriotic to express concerns.  We hadn't looked anywhere near as flash as many expected while Australia had looked very impressive. Ok it was only pool play and NZ had bigger fish to fry later on but many expected more and better.

NZ were very impressive against France. Highly motivated and focused. The Dan Carter of old turned up. Despite only beating South Africa by 2 the All Blacks for the first time were now deserved World Cup favs. The fact South Africa had earlier been beaten by the Japanese had no bearing on the importance of that win. Meanwhile Australia were very fortunate to get past Scotland.

I didn't bet on the Final which was a first for me. I just couldn't get a line on how things would unfold. Lots of attacking flair all over the park on both sides but two superb and focused defences. Couldn't decide if it was going to be an open high scoring game or a tight low scoring affair. NZ deserved to start favs but I'm not going to back a $1.35 fav in a two horse race especially when the other horse beat the hot fav a couple of months back. The only thing I was confident of was it being a tight game. I just hoped it would be an exciting game and that NZ would win. It was a magnificent game. Very likely the best I've ever seen. NZ were just awesome and obviously the best team won. Having said that it spoke volumes for Australia that they dragged the score back from 21-3 just after half time to 21-17 at the 65 minute mark. From that point on NZ were enormous especially Dan Carter. Australia on the other hand were tragic. They knocked the ball on three times when attacking in the last 15 minutes. They lost the game right there. That was very unlike Australia. It appeared as if the effort to get back into the match had taken it's toll. If one of those three knock on's had not occurred who knows what the result would have been. The last knock on led to the Barrett try but by then the game was all over bar the shouting. Terrific game of Rugby. The All Blacks won on and off the field and the game of Rugby was the biggest winner of all.

Some perspective would be helpful. NZ started a hot fav to win the Cup. Rugby is NZ's national game and we are the best in the world from one year to the next. Rugby is not the national game in Australia. Cricket is,followed by AFL and NRL.  I appreciate those factors can often count for very little. We all saw what happened to Brazil at the last football World Cup.

NZ are the best in the world and when it mattered most they stood up and proved that. They should be hugely proud of their achievement and we in them.

An aspect of this game that will live long in my memory was the class displayed by both teams post match. No excuses by the Australian players especially their captain. They openly admitted they had been beaten by the better team. Australia had given their everything and come up short. The NZ captain and coach paid huge respect to Australia. In my experience this sort of thing is only ever done in a perfunctory manner but the praise dished out was sincere. NZ displayed empathy toward the Australians knowing how shite they would be feeling. That sort of class spoke volumes. The NZ cricket team displayed the same class at their last world cup despite several of the Australians being right wankers.

The worst aspect of this result for me has been the things NZ supporters have written on NZ news websites post match. They could have let the game and result do the talking. Instead many were determined to rub the noses of the Australians in shite. This was not friendly Trans Tasman banter. It was nasty kick you while you're down classless crap. We have taught the Australians how to behave and treat your opposition when we lose. They are known for being arrogant winners. We taught them how to treat your opposition when we win. They are known for being dickheads when they lose. Sadly these lessons were lost on some NZ supporters. Without doubt that will come back and bite us right on the arse sooner or later.

In the mean time we can enjoy being the best in the World at Rugby for another four years and be immensely proud of this All Black team. 

hahahaha...what alot of tripe. I only read the first sentence then fell asleep. You need to be more efficient with your use of words Jimbo.

you mention how impressive past teams have been at world cups in pool play as justification for your concern; how did that work out for us in '95 or '07?

Suck it up Jimbo.

13 minutes ago, Koozer said:

hahahaha...what alot of tripe. I only read the first sentence then fell asleep. You need to be more efficient with your use of words Jimbo.

you mention how impressive past teams have been at world cups in pool play as justification for your concern; how did that work out for us in '95 or '07?

Suck it up Jimbo.

Thanks for your response. You're clearly a thoughtful and insightful man. What is it I need to suck up? The fact that NZ won the World Cup? or perhaps the fact I bet with my head not heart? or perhaps that I have the gonads to give my perspective both before and after a game?

Also congratulations for being able to post a message on Racecafe when you're asleep. It did show ;) 

It seems the laconic Steve Hansen was indeed the smartest man in the room and had things under control all along Jim..

He told us not to be concerned early on, they weren't going to show their wares until they needed to....that comment about not winning anything in pool play seems pretty spot on now. The QF and the SF were always going to be where we needed to step things up, and boy did they...burying the demons of France from the past, and doing it tough against the South Africans.

I always expected our experience and depth would count in the end, and so it proved. The physicality we brought to the game right from the start put Australia on the back foot ( particularly after all the hoo ha over their "leaked" game plan ) and really they were never in the hunt. Yes, a few odd ref calls, but they went both ways...and if Ben Smith had not gone to the sin bin to give them a sniff, we would have won that game by 30+ points.  

Class is permanent as they say....fantastic to see so many Legends going out winners...thanks for the memories fellas.

And so the re-building begins.....some big shoes to fill....the next couple of years will be interesting....;)