RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jimsmith

How do the All Blacks beat Australia?

Australia tore England a new one this morning. No fumbling around. No players picked on performances in years gone by. Very well coached and well organized smart rugby. They know exactly what it takes to beat the All Blacks.

This England team is not great but they are a solid team and were in the most difficult pool. They were desperate to win today on their home soil but barely got a look in. Based on today's result and the games NZ have played so far I believe Australia deserve to be favourites to win the 2015 Cup. Instead they are at 4.50 and NZ still at even money.

We accept the All Blacks will improve but they will need to and considerably so on what we've seen so far. If Australia also improve I'm confident the All Blacks will get rolled by them. 

13 Bledisloe Cups in  a row with games in Sydney Brisbane and Melbourne. So winning only at Eden Park is a myth. 

ABs have won two cups at home something the Wallys couldn't manage. Can't be that easy . 

I honestly feel this logic is part of the problem. What the AB'S have done in Bledisloe Cups or the fact they are the current World Cup holders will make very little difference to their current form. Often that sort of situation can have the opposite effect. The previously beaten teams work even harder and are more hungry where as there is an expectation that the AB's will just win. That mindset can create considerable pressure. I can't recall seeing the AB's fumble more ball than they did V Georgia. I appreciate Georgia are better now than in previous cups but when a team like that can force the AB's to be scoreless for 30 minutes and make more errors than in their last three test matches combined you have to think there is pressure coming from more than just Georgia. Are they good enough to overcome it? Hell yes but they will need to. If Australia are under pressure they are not showing it. When I see the All Blacks get beaten over the years it's invariably by a smart team who appear to play with more freedom and less pressure. ie Australia. This All Black team is better than the current Australian team but that will count for very little if pressure takes it's toll.  

I agree with Jim when he says the $4.for Aus and $2's for AB's are ridiculous odds.

The question is "Will the All Blacks even get to play Australia?" The way it's shaping we have France or Ireland in 1/4's then Sth Africa in the semi. Will we beat both them?

I think we have committed to Carter and provided he lifts vs Tonga he is our man - for better or for worse. I think he will improve and the aspect that most needs improvement is his kicking.

More concerning than Carter are 1. The Aussie scrum (It now looks huge) and 2. The two fast loosies (Hooper and Pocock) acting in tandem. How would we counter these were we to play them? I'm very nervous right now.

Mike Hosking aka Mr Wonderful and by far the best journalist on planet earth has requested that New Zealanders stop moaning about the performances of the All Blacks at this world cup. 

Hosking feels people need to value his input while devaluing their own.

A keen rugby man has pointed out how impressive the AB's were in pool play when they previously won the cup and how unimpressive they have been in this world cup pool play and those same people are only expressing concern after seeing the writing on the wall. Hosking however is adamant he knows best and people should either applaud the All Blacks or say nothing.

A lot of the fumbled ball against Georgia was through passing to a player who had opposition climbing all over him as he received the ball. That is what happened in Sydney when  the Aussies beat us recently. Half the time these passes were made without loooking first. When the Blacks came back to Eden Park the tactics changed and we did not put ourselves under that pressure. If the opposition send the midfield backs up early we can't go wide, but in these early games they have still tried to. Hopefully common sense will prevail through the knockout round and we will play the game as we do best. If we do that, only the refs will beat us and with it looking like the one eyed Wayne Barnes up for the final that will be our biggest hurdle.

Correct about those pushed passes Little T. The worst offender being Aaron Smith. I think he might have forgotten to take his ADHD pills that morning, wanting to do everything 100 miles per hour. I suspect they'll have a look themselves, recognise what went wrong and there will be great improvement v Tonga.

All that matters at this stage is that they win theit pool games which they have. Knock out Rugby is totally different to pool play. Look at France at the last World Cup, they lost two pool games and made the final which they could have grabbed but thankfully not.

The All Blacks finally learned at the last World Cup  how to play knock out rugby after being exposed in the three previous events of not knowing what to do when they go behind,  I am confident that they will be in the right head space which is a massive factor in knock out games.

Round robin part of the cup just about over and here are some observations.

The overall standard is poor.

Rugby is not growing in the America's like Steve Tew has been spouting.

Rugby is not growing in Asia.

The alledged  highlight has been ,according to the experts,the 13th ranked team beating the 3 rd ranked team.What that shows is that rugby is weak overall.If the 13th ranked baseball team,gridiron team,golfer,tennis player or football team beat the 3rd ranked team or player it wouldn't rate a mention.

Rugby is proving to be another commonwealth sport which the rest of the world doesn't give a rats about.

Hey Crusty you are right Rugby is still very small in world terms. I saw an amazing football game on Friday morning where Ireland beat Germany 1 nil in Dublin and the Paddies are still partying.

This is 10 times bigger than any rugby news because although Ireland have performed well in recent years in Rugby, it is a very small sport there.

they will win by just turning up.The aussie have got very cocky in the last week or so.Thats always been there undoing,Cockiness.

Australian sportsman generally never lack confidence and usually for good reason. They should feel a level of confidence at this World Cup as they have clearly been the best team in pool play. The one thing Australian rugby teams never do is take the All Blacks for granted.

They are the best two teams in the World so it will be fitting to see both in the final. If that occurs I believe on what we've seen so far they both should start at 1.85 but I'm picking it is more likely to be AB's 1.33 and Australia 2.90. At that price Australia represent great value.

There is the not so small matter of us beating France, and then South Africa before we worry about the Wobblies.

We have the talent, and the depth to win this thing, but much will depend on what the casualty list is from these two games, presuming we do manage to win both of them. If we do, we must be favourites.

Hansen knows how to beat Australia. Nullify Pocock/Hooper and take out Foley.....job done.....:D

There is the not so small matter of us beating France, and then South Africa before we worry about the Wobblies.

We have the talent, and the depth to win this thing, but much will depend on what the casualty list is from these two games, presuming we do manage to win both of them. If we do, we must be favourites.

Hansen knows how to beat Australia. Nullify Pocock/Hooper and take out Foley.....job done.....:D

correct Ohokaman. England played straight into Aussies hands. They presented the ball for both to attack it instead of splitting them up with switches of play. And that is what Hansen has planned all along. We are now going to see a demolition job of an out of sorts French side. 

All week I have heard on here an the radio ,almost add infinitum , we should be worried. "The French, the French !!". Good heavens you defeatist Bloody Kiwis, thank god some of you never played top sport with that attitude. 

The sheer strength and depth of this side should make most teams quake in their boots,sure it's knockout rugby , how many games have we watched over the last 3 yrs where they have clawe back into the game even when not playing well and deliver the knockout blow.

FFS grow up NZ, this is ours for the taking. Watch, listen and learn, we will Win it, in a F---- ing canter

correct Ohokaman. England played straight into Aussies hands. They presented the ball for both to attack it instead of splitting them up with switches of play. And that is what Hansen has planned all along. We are now going to see a demolition job of an out of sorts French side. 

All week I have heard on here an the radio ,almost add infinitum , we should be worried. "The French, the French !!". Good heavens you defeatist Bloody Kiwis, thank god some of you never played top sport with that attitude. 

The sheer strength and depth of this side should make most teams quake in their boots,sure it's knockout rugby , how many games have we watched over the last 3 yrs where they have clawe back into the game even when not playing well and deliver the knockout blow.

FFS grow up NZ, this is ours for the taking. Watch, listen and learn, we will Win it, in a F---- ing canter

Very confusing input to the point of being embarrassing. Just who are you having a go at? Everyone who contributed to this thread? People you heard on talkback radio? Kiwi's in general? Do you not like "bloody kiwis?" Does it frustrate you when other people don't know as much as you? Have you played top sport to have such an attitude?

Mike Hosking believes he knows best about all things including rugby and is adamant New Zealanders who have not been overly impressed by the All Blacks are just "moaning kiwi's" and should shut up. What a tosser!

You start your input by saying "correct Ohokaman" then proceed to totally slag off any Kiwi who is not taking the French for granted. Hilarious. Did you not notice that Ohokaman was the ONLY person in this thread to mention the French where he said beating them was no small matter?

The attitude that is completely wrong on this thread is yours not " defeatist Bloody Kiwis"

Any team that goes into a sports match thinking all they need to do is turn up to win in a canter is a fool. Have you not heard of "the glorious uncertainty of sport?". Have you not heard about teams that were beaten by their own arrogance? Have you not heard about teams that succumb to the pressures of expectation etc? Did you not notice that South Africa got beaten by Japan in this World Cup?

All the teams at this World Cup have worked hard to be there. All of them have also worked extremely hard every day on their own fitness etc. Take them for granted as easy beats at your peril.

Here's a few little gems to consider.

1) When NZ won the cup in 1987 and 2011 they were outstanding in pool play. Have they been outstanding in pool play at this world cup?

2) The All Blacks were not impressive against Argentina. They were not flash against minnows Namibia. Hansen said that result meant the end of rotation. The All Blacks were very keen to show the rugby world what a force they really are in the next match against Georgia. Instead they struggled for long periods. They went for 30 minutes without scoring a point. The rest of World Ruby was looking on. The All Blacks were beaten 43-31 by France in the 1999 Quarter Final. Only beat the French by one point in a very tight final on all important home ground in 2011 when they were clearly the best team there. 

I don't believe the All Blacks have been impressive in pool play. I do believe they are the best team at the world cup and will probably improve their form enough to justify their favoritism but only a fool who knows nothing about sport and or betting would see that as a formality. Whenever hot favs are beaten in any sport,you can usually see the writing on the wall in the lead up. That writing invariably is the result of their own form not being up to it's usual very high standard and the main opposition looking to be in excellent form. Both of those factors are in play here. NZ not overly impressive against weaker opposition. Australia outstanding against much stronger opposition. 

NZ are right to be weary of Australia if and when that time comes.

I find it very amusing to read input in this thread where Australia are being accused of being cocky and arrogant now. I don't see that. I just see a very good and confident Australian side who have played superbly well in pool play. The only arrogance I'm witnessing are from All Black supporters who believe The All Blacks only need to turn up to win and or they will just win in a f......ing canter.  Meanwhile the smart and very experienced punters around the world will be covering their bets etc.  Are they all just " defeatist Bloody Kiwis" ?

Ohokaman says all the All Blacks need to do is Nullify Pocock/Hooper and take out Foley. He is right of course but knowing what you need to do and actually doing it are two completely different things. England are not the mug team many are portraying them as. They knew all they need to do is Nullify Pocock/Hooper and take out Foley also and were desperate to do so on their home ground. Where are England now? You will have heard of football goal scoring machines Bale and Ronaldo of Real Madrid? How many top clubs in the world knew how important it was to nullify Bale and Ronaldo? Same with Messi and Neymar of Barcelona. Knowing what to do and actually being able to do it are invariably two different things.

I believe the All Blacks will beat France in the quarter and I believe that for many reasons. My hope is it's a 25 point + demolition job. The All Blacks come out and dominate from the first moments of the game until the last.

The French didn't look suited to the slow style of play of the Irish but will be better suited to a fast flowing game the All Blacks will come with. My fear as an All Black supporter is it being a close game. If the French are within 7 points with 30 minutes to go who knows what will eventuate.

The All Blacks should beat South Africa in the semi if we get there and if that's who our opposition is. It's not however a result anyone should take for granted.

If it's Australia we play in the final I will make two predictions. The first it will be a very tight close game and secondly if the All Blacks win they will have earned it for certain as this Australian team looks every bit as likely World Cup winners as the All Blacks at this stage in my opinion.

Very confusing input to the point of being embarrassing. Just who are you having a go at? Everyone who contributed to this thread? People you heard on talkback radio? Kiwi's in general? Do you not like "bloody kiwis?" Does it frustrate you when other people don't know as much as you? Have you played top sport to have such an attitude?

Mike Hosking believes he knows best about all things including rugby and is adamant New Zealanders who have not been overly impressed by the All Blacks are just "moaning kiwi's" and should shut up. What a tosser!

You start your input by saying "correct Ohokaman" then proceed to totally slag off any Kiwi who is not taking the French for granted. Hilarious. Did you not notice that Ohokaman was the ONLY person in this thread to mention the French where he said beating them was no small matter?

The attitude that is completely wrong on this thread is yours not " defeatist Bloody Kiwis"

Any team that goes into a sports match thinking all they need to do is turn up to win in a canter is a fool. Have you not heard of "the glorious uncertainty of sport?". Have you not heard about teams that were beaten by their own arrogance? Have you not heard about teams that succumb to the pressures of expectation etc? Did you not notice that South Africa got beaten by Japan in this World Cup?

All the teams at this World Cup have worked hard to be there. All of them have also worked extremely hard every day on their own fitness etc. Take them for granted as easy beats at your peril.

Here's a few little gems to consider.

1) When NZ won the cup in 1987 and 2011 they were outstanding in pool play. Have they been outstanding in pool play at this world cup?

2) The All Blacks were not impressive against Argentina. They were not flash against minnows Namibia. Hansen said that result meant the end of rotation. The All Blacks were very keen to show the rugby world what a force they really are in the next match against Georgia. Instead they struggled for long periods. They went for 30 minutes without scoring a point. The rest of World Ruby was looking on. The All Blacks were beaten 43-31 by France in the 1999 Quarter Final. Only beat the French by one point in a very tight final on all important home ground in 2011 when they were clearly the best team there. 

I don't believe the All Blacks have been impressive in pool play. I do believe they are the best team at the world cup and will probably improve their form enough to justify their favoritism but only a fool who knows nothing about sport and or betting would see that as a formality. Whenever hot favs are beaten in any sport,you can usually see the writing on the wall in the lead up. That writing invariably is the result of their own form not being up to it's usual very high standard and the main opposition looking to be in excellent form. Both of those factors are in play here. NZ not overly impressive against weaker opposition. Australia outstanding against much stronger opposition. 

NZ are right to be weary of Australia if and when that time comes.

I find it very amusing to read input in this thread where Australia are being accused of being cocky and arrogant now. I don't see that. I just see a very good and confident Australian side who have played superbly well in pool play. The only arrogance I'm witnessing are from All Black supporters who believe The All Blacks only need to turn up to win and or they will just win in a f......ing canter.  Meanwhile the smart and very experienced punters around the world will be covering their bets etc.  Are they all just " defeatist Bloody Kiwis" ?

Ohokaman says all the All Blacks need to do is Nullify Pocock/Hooper and take out Foley. He is right of course but knowing what you need to do and actually doing it are two completely different things. England are not the mug team many are portraying them as. They knew all they need to do is Nullify Pocock/Hooper and take out Foley also and were desperate to do so on their home ground. Where are England now? You will have heard of football goal scoring machines Bale and Ronaldo of Real Madrid? How many top clubs in the world knew how important it was to nullify Bale and Ronaldo? Same with Messi and Neymar of Barcelona. Knowing what to do and actually being able to do it are invariably two different things.

I believe the All Blacks will beat France in the quarter and I believe that for many reasons. My hope is it's a 25 point + demolition job. The All Blacks come out and dominate from the first moments of the game until the last.

The French didn't look suited to the slow style of play of the Irish but will be better suited to a fast flowing game the All Blacks will come with. My fear as an All Black supporter is it being a close game. If the French are within 7 points with 30 minutes to go who knows what will eventuate.

The All Blacks should beat South Africa in the semi if we get there and if that's who our opposition is. It's not however a result anyone should take for granted.

If it's Australia we play in the final I will make two predictions. The first it will be a very tight close game and secondly if the All Blacks win they will have earned it for certain as this Australian team looks every bit as likely World Cup winners as the All Blacks at this stage in my opinion.

Good read Smithy well said!!! I can't even add anything to this summation....which is unusual for me:)

I see we are in Black this coming weekend.....tick!.

B)GO THE AB'SB)

Geeze Jimmy,you actually said something worth listenening to.

You actually believe the All Blacks will beat France,and hope for a 25 point demo job.

Mate I will cross you off my "defeatist ", list. Good onya.

Forget your little Gems,they are irrelevant for many reasons. This side is the best prepared side at this Cup,have no outstanding injurys,have a bench that will hurt most teams at the 60 min mark and show enough tenacity when under pressure to finally grind out a win.

Call me what you like,an Arrogant Kiwi if it suits your purpose,but we WILL win this Cup.

Thnx for the Thumbs up Bro:P

Geeze Jimmy,you actually said something worth listenening to.

You actually believe the All Blacks will beat France,and hope for a 25 point demo job.

Mate I will cross you off my "defeatist ", list. Good onya.

Forget your little Gems,they are irrelevant for many reasons. This side is the best prepared side at this Cup,have no outstanding injurys,have a bench that will hurt most teams at the 60 min mark and show enough tenacity when under pressure to finally grind out a win.

Call me what you like,an Arrogant Kiwi if it suits your purpose,but we WILL win this Cup.

Thnx for the Thumbs up Bro:P

Clearly comprehension is not your strong point...bro

I didn't say I thought The AB's would beat France by 25+. I said I "believe" they will win and "HOPED" it would be by 25+...bro

By "injurys" you mean "injuries?" Bro

The All Blacks have every chance to win the cup bro. They certainly have a much better chance than England do ...bro

As long as you have nothing to do with it bro I think the All Blacks (we) can get the job done.

Cheers...bro