RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jimsmith

National Anthems Rugby World Cup 2015.

I've attended a few tests and love the emotion shown and heard during the anthems. Very stirring at times. Hearing 50-80 thousand passionate rugby fans singing their countries anthem can be very moving. Instead they are routinely completely drowned out at this World Cup by the handful of wired for sound choir singers. Very few people are moved by choirs at sporting events. They are really missing the boat on this one in my opinion. Just turn down their volume so you can hear all the emotion of a stadium full of punters. As it is now you may as well have empty stadiums for the anthems.

When the AB's do the haka they are the only ones wired for sound and it's brilliant. Imagine a choir singing the haka words at the same time to the point all you do is see the haka rather than hear the passion coming from the players. 

I attended a football match several years ago where a stadium full of punters sang "you'll never walk alone" at Liverpool's Anfield. That emotion is never forgotten. A choir with the volume on high would have obliterated the emotion and removed at least 90% of it's value.