RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jimsmith

Dan Carter

If we were doing individual player ratings for this mornings A.B's match against Georgia what rating would Carter have received. Would a 2 out of 10 be generous? If he was not Dan Carter would he have been subbed off before half time? If he was anyone else other than Dan Carter would he get to wear the black shirt again? Is it sacrilege to be saying this?

He was involved in the confused mess that resulted in the Georgia try.

He pulled three kicks wide when under minimal pressure.

The threw a no look pass straight out of play when the AB's were looking to mount an attack. To my eye he almost looked frighted of being tackled with the ball in that move.

He failed to find touch in the field of play when the AB's were awarded a penalty and were attacking.

I felt he had the worst game of his career and against Georgia the giants of world rugby. This was a game the All Blacks were super keen to show everyone just how good they are. Dan Carter set the tone. SBW also not his best game for the AB's. Apart from Richie did any of them really shine? The bigger teams will now believe they can beat NZ.  They are still at a ridiculous even money to win the cup. Based on what I've seen so far they are the best lay of 2015. I wouldn't bet that at $4 on today's form. I'd say some big punters must be very nervous and looking for savers.   

I agree Jim , who would you have as are number 10 ?

I would have bought T.J Perenara on for Carter at Half Time. He's done nothing wrong and at least deserved a crack today. Just seems that no matter what Carter does they will stick with him. I felt Carter was very poor in the first half but even worse in the second half. He was given every chance to improve but actually got worse. If he'd played like that against Australia I'm convinced the AB's would have been soundly beaten. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing yet expect a different result.

Dan Carter has had a stellar career but what he's done in the past will not win future matches. It can however help lose them. Looking after the old boys club may cost this AB side the 2015 Cup if today's performance is repeated.  

Dan Carter is a bit like the old racehorse. You hope they've still got it, but you can never be certain that they'll measure up in the new season.

That game will have done wonders for Carter's confidence. It's great to see him play like that.

Dan Carter is a bit like the old racehorse. You hope they've still got it, but you can never be certain that they'll measure up in the new season.

That game will have done wonders for Carter's confidence. It's great to see him play like that.

Dead right Uriah, he stepped up in the big game as  they all did. He directed the traffic admirably,kicked well,and took some knocks and survived to play next week.

Great confidence boost for one of our greats.

So much for your opinion on Daniel Carter , Jim/ Duncan.

He really lost them that game didn't he?. And PJ is nowhere to be seen. 

Argentina won,not looking good for your picks really

Regards Globe. Pardon the brevity

Some other Nancy Drew suggested my elongated posts are similar to someone named Duncan which in your little mind is proof that I must be this Duncan character you keep comparing me with. Don't let facts get in your way will you..

You really are a Monday punter aren't you. Are you the fastest ever to come on here after you picked a hot fav in a two horse race to win?

Dan Carter was very poor in pool play. There were many examples of poor form. At that level you just can't get away with that against good opposition so it was prudent to express concern. Very easy to be wise after the event but in your case that is the only time you are wise.

"I told you so experts" are an enormous pain in the arse. They get it wrong and they go hide. They pick a hot fav in a two horse race and they are on here in a flash to gloat. It really is pathetic.

As for Argentina winning. You won't recall of course but I stated previously you cant take any results for granted at the W.C and also spoke of the glorious uncertainty of sport.

Yes I picked Ireland to beat Argentina like most people did. I also qualified that by saying "if they have overcome their injury woes". Clearly those issues were a contributing factor in their loss.

If you're going to be a tosser about it then just stay under your rock.  

You do bite like a Barracuda don't you. Monday punter? No. I had made my picks before this comp got under way. And so far it is working out as I had thought it would. 

Now I will admit now ,that I am a Soccer fan firstly and have played it most of my life, but love sorting through technical details with other sports, Rugby included. 

Anyone who really thought we were going to lose that game against France, after some in depth analysis , had rocks in their heads. A poor French side in the end. 

Some of the unlike AB,s performances in pool play was down to Hansen gut busting them on the day before they played. That made them tired and the games showed that in the error rate. But, this was part of the plan. They knew they would still win the games, despite the      

punishing training, and after the rest before the French game , as they say.

"The rest is history"

i won't run and hide mate, here's my prediction. 

Argentina beat Aussie, narrowly. 

We cruise past South Africa, 15+

We win handsomely in the final 20+

Mind you Jim and this isn't always mentioned is that the 4 Southern Hemisphere teams are the 4 SemiFinalists. Bloody good show. 

Steve Hansen mentioned the problems  N H teams have in one of the press meetings.  Mostly the disconnect between club and country and lack of technical expertise. 

You do bite like a Barracuda don't you. Monday punter? No. I had made my picks before this comp got under way. And so far it is working out as I had thought it would. 

Now I will admit now ,that I am a Soccer fan firstly and have played it most of my life, but love sorting through technical details with other sports, Rugby included. 

Anyone who really thought we were going to lose that game against France, after some in depth analysis , had rocks in their heads. A poor French side in the end. 

Some of the unlike AB,s performances in pool play was down to Hansen gut busting them on the day before they played. That made them tired and the games showed that in the error rate. But, this was part of the plan. They knew they would still win the games, despite the      

punishing training, and after the rest before the French game , as they say.

"The rest is history"

i won't run and hide mate, here's my prediction. 

Argentina beat Aussie, narrowly. 

We cruise past South Africa, 15+

We win handsomely in the final 20+

How about you and I make a gentleman's agreement on here.

I believe your predictions are incorrect. If 100% correct the deal is the other person bans themselves from this website until February 1st  which is effectively a three month ban. In order for this to occur the two predictions of one person BOTH need to be correct.

The loser must apologize to the winner on the day of the final for any comments they've made about the winner previously and acknowledge the winner knows significantly more about sport than them. Must be sincere. No perfunctory B.S. In other words pull down your pants and spank your own bum publicly. Then they go on holiday from the site immediately. The All Blacks v South Africa semi final is not part of our agreement as we both agree the All Blacks will be too good and too strong for South Africa.

My predictions.

1) Australia beat Argentina by 10+ in their semi final.

2) The winning margin for "whoever" wins the final will be eight points or under.

Your predictions.

1) Argentina beat Australia in their semi final. Any margin will be accepted as you winning that bet.

2) The All Blacks win the final against whoever by 20 points plus.

Are you prepared to put your two broad beans on the line? Do we have an agreement? 

Yeah no worrys JIm, may the best man win.  And if no-one gets it right we are both to stay off the site for 3mnths??. OK

"worries" Globe. do try and keep up old son ;)

If it's down to the best man winning then I've already won. If we are both off the mark we will save our wager for another event we don't agree on.

So Globe Derby who did you play the beautiful game for?   Douglas Villa, Masterton or Wairarapa (Keinzley United) ?

Miramar Rangers actually. I'm a Wellingtonian. Working Men's Club, North Wellington, Douglas Villa after moving up here. Only gave it away about 4 yrs ago after snapping my main arch support tendon. 

"worries" Globe. do try and keep up old son ;)

If it's down to the best man winning then I've already won. If we are both off the mark we will save our wager for another event we don't agree on.

Frankly , over the Summer months I will be spending time with my 68 Buick Electra Convertable, with upgrades, car shows, cruises, etc, so   Racecafe will not be top of my to do list. Glad to be old, but age is only a state of exsistance, 

As long as the AB,s win, I couldn't give a fat rats arse wether I won or lost to be honest. 

All the best mate

Gee Globe, Miramar has been a very good club for many years both on and off the field. I always enjoyed playing against them. Families like the Chotes and Camerons are excellent players,  administrator's and real good people.

Working Men's Club wow that is a blast from the past. They were a real social club. Football numbers are huge in Wellington, easily the biggest participation sport.

Edited by bloke

Blast from the past here Blokey..!!

We lived on the Kapiti Coast years back and I played for the local Raumati side against Miramar, Seatoun, Stop Out, Wellington Diamond United, Tawa, Waterside, Hungaria, WMC, and others...  Some great battles there at QE II park at Paekakariki.

We actually won the League, Venus Shield one year...a great achievement for a small Club.

I knew a lot of the Miramar boys...Paul Cameron, Ross Powell, Jackie Nathu, Gordon Rollinson, Steve Boyland were all members of the Wellington Under 16 and 18 teams I played in.....

Good times fella....;)

Blast from the past here Blokey..!!

We lived on the Kapiti Coast years back and I played for the local Raumati side against Miramar, Seatoun, Stop Out, Wellington Diamond United, Tawa, Waterside, Hungaria, WMC, and others...  Some great battles there at QE II park at Paekakariki.

We actually won the League, Venus Shield one year...a great achievement for a small Club.

I knew a lot of the Miramar boys...Paul Cameron, Ross Powell, Jackie Nathu, Gordon Rollinson, Steve Boyland were all members of the Wellington Under 16 and 18 teams I played in.....

Good times fella....;)

Went to college with most of them, Paul was a yr ahead of me, and Jaquie N a family friend. Early days at the club wS coached by Trevor Rigby, great guy and taught us youngsters well. Played Rep football and most times againsted Tommy Hepinstall, who now has a family connection through the syndicate my son in law trains for.

Good days they were

Ohaka I would have played against you. I moved to Tawa from Western Suburbs in the mid 70s and recall we had a  good win against a very good Raumati team at Redwood Park in front of a large crowd.

That put us clear on top of the table with two games to go but we lost both games  and ended up third and Raumati won The Venus Shield.

Two Kapiti Coast boys  I recall playing football with at Suburbs were Martin Jordon and Smithy 

It seems that football is the sport of choice for race cafers

Yep, played against Tommy too Globe...long haired scruff he was ( Mana I think ) how times change eh ??!!

I think Trevor Rigby was one of the guys involved with our Wellington Rep sides along with Brian Kidby.

Trevor was a long time cricket commentator at the basin on early radio,a real Miramar stalwart and had a good footballing brain.

Most of our Miramar team, 9 in fact,all went to Rongotai,and came up through the grades. When we got to 1rst Eleven year the College told us we couldn,t play for the Club,it had to be College first. Seeing as we had 9 players involved,we got together and told them to get stuffed,we would play for the Club and they wouldn,t have a First team. So we ended up playing two games on a weekend,as they didn.t have a leg to stand on.One for the college in the morning and club in the afternoon. And Rep trials or Rep games on Sunday. I think back now and wonder how we found the energy. The advantage of Youth probably.

Some of the early Clubs I remember were . Diamonds(before it became United),Karori Swifts, Raumati Hearts,WCOB(all I remember is Brown shirts).

We actually did have a hiatus while in the intermediate grade at College. We got pissed off with something at Miramar(coach I think) and went and played the season for Seatoun(light blue shirts). So lots of time was spent playing footie on Crawford Green, Seatoun Park, Upper McCallister park,and the odd game at the Basin.

Tommy is no longer a long haired scruff,and surprisingly does,nt touch alcohol,but the hard case bastard is still there.

Ohaka I would have played against you. I moved to Tawa from Western Suburbs in the mid 70s and recall we had a  good win against a very good Raumati team at Redwood Park in front of a large crowd.

That put us clear on top of the table with two games to go but we lost both games  and ended up third and Raumati won The Venus Shield.

Two Kapiti Coast boys  I recall playing football with at Suburbs were Martin Jordon and Smithy 

It seems that football is the sport of choice for race cafers

Bloody Hell Blokey, I remember that game....we lost 2-0 from memory. I missed a penalty when we were 1-0 down...

Went to a 60th Anniversary a while ago for John Beldham and he reminded me of the fact.....:D

Didn't matter as it turned out, but I recall the dressing room was not a happy one after that...thought we'd blown it..

Martin Jordan and Brian Smith both went to College with us. Smithy lives down here and coaches tennis.

you poor tragic's, I bet you sniff linamint before nodding off. You lot probably have old leather balls to boot.

Just bloody jealous Biff.....sporting memories like these are just part of life, wouldn't change a thing..

And no,you couldn't beat the smell of liniment in the dressing room....got the blood pumping.....:D