RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Gary Sharp

Swab ratio

I'm wondering what a normal Start to Swab ratio is & when should I lay a complaint about it if I think that it's starting to look like the dog & the trainer are being targeted & picked on?

The only reason I ask is because my lil girl has had 9 starts & been swabbed 4 times. Is that normal or should I look into it more?

How many wins has it had? Considering the stipes do a measly 6,7 swabs per meeting I'd say that is quite a lot, but if your not doing anything wrong I don't see why it would be a massive issue to you? I've seen a M.Roberts dog break 30 at wanganui and not get selected and also a McInerney dog that got smashed on the tote last minute and broke 17.05 at Addington and also wasn't selected, so I don't think they have much rationale behind their selections. We don't even swab all G1 finalists!!

How many wins has it had? Considering the stipes do a measly 6,7 swabs per meeting I'd say that is quite a lot, but if your not doing anything wrong I don't see why it would be a massive issue to you? I've seen a M.Roberts dog break 30 at wanganui and not get selected and also a McInerney dog that got smashed on the tote last minute and broke 17.05 at Addington and also wasn't selected, so I don't think they have much rationale behind their selections. We don't even swab all G1 finalists!!

7 wins, 1 second & 1 third.

She has been running consist times & seems to be getting swabbed every 2 or 3 starts.

Just for arguments sake. We will only use winners getting swab bed not random ones or performance related.

If they swab 7 winners a meeting.

12 races. 58 % of the winners are swabbed

4 wins out of 7 is 57% ratio. Which I think is fair.

I don't see them targeting you Gary or Wendy. Just the way it is.

Maybe if the little girl stopped winning then you won't be swabbed. :)

She's doing great. So just enjoy the success and don't worry bout the little things.

Just for arguments sake. We will only use winners getting swab bed not random ones or performance related.

If they swab 7 winners a meeting.

12 races. 58 % of the winners are swabbed

4 wins out of 7 is 57% ratio. Which I think is fair.

I don't see them targeting you Gary or Wendy. Just the way it is.

Maybe if the little girl stopped winning then you won't be swabbed. :)

She's doing great. So just enjoy the success and don't worry bout the little things.

Was just wondering as a few people have asked us if we feel like we're getting picked on yet.

Try telling Sally that cause she not listening to Wendy & me lol

I'm enjoying it all & the main thing is she comes off the track safely & the cheques are just a bonus

My opinion is that every winner should be swabbed, makes me laugh when people complain about being swabbed, you just won the race, who cares, would you rather run down the track so you weren't swabbed?

Although you will find that the smaller owner/trainer will generally be swabbed more than a big public trainer.

Sometimes the same kennel can win 6-7 races on the same card and only 1 will be swabbed, the stipes seem to be of the opinion that the bigger kennels are cleaner than the rest, my opinion is the exact opposite is more likely to be true.