RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Leggy

Mortygate - All charges dismissed

I would be very surprised if GP resigns, where else would he get his current package. To be fair his board does not come out of this well if they agreed with GP,s stance on pressing ahead with charges.

As for costs it would appear that JCA chairman has given the accused every possible chance to hammer home their point. Result including JCA costs is just more money down the gurgler for NZ Racing.

This is the same bloke Newmarket, that one Oz journalist described as "one of the best brains in Racing.."

Curious then that Australian Clubs are not exactly falling over themselves to lure him back eh...??

This is the same bloke Newmarket, that one Oz journalist described as "one of the best brains in Racing.."

Curious then that Australian Clubs are not exactly falling over themselves to lure him back eh...??

My point exactly. Subject of much humor at a farewell  racing event recently.

Probably tongue firmly in cheek there Rumpers...but Bonus..?? For achieving what exactly.....???

The worst thing about all of this is that it shows Purcell as, out of touch with, and antagonistic towards the very people he should be supporting, and surely we shouldn't be waiting on him to resign, but be demanding of our representatives that they move first.

I admire both Morton and zzzzz for their equine related talent, industry insight, and particularly, moves to make racing safer. I don't think they are always right, like all of us, but especially zzzzz is as sharp as a tack. Sometimes, like all of us, they can be precious, lippy, and difficult to get along with (Jeez, I hope that doesn't get me in court!).

But honestly, why could Purcell not spend his budget more wisely, give them a call, and say, "Look you two, you're raising a shit storm here, but you do have a point or two, we'll pay for you to come to Wgtn for a couple of days, or I'll come to you, and let's see if we can get something sorted?" That's what execs do!!!!!!!!!