RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

Comps

Hi Everyone,

just wondering what everyones thoughts were on running a new comp for the Spring. I do not want to cut across what Peter, Nimue and others are doing on the comp page, but it is fun to have one here as well.

Anyway I am happy either way it was a good bit of banter when they were here.

Leigh

I think we need something fresh/different and a comp that keeps everyone involved and with a chance of winning most of the way.

N1mue's Loser gets Laid is a good comp as evidenced by it's longevity but the drop off rate is pretty quick and PJ's team comps are legendary.

Lets see if we can can come up with something a bit different that maintains interest and involvement.

eg All up place on three horses with total accumulated over a number of weeks or a two horse win all up on the same basis.

Keeps every one in and a chance to come from back in the field if one gets a couple of outsiders up.

Thoughts and other ideas people.

Good thinking Scooby.

Actually I prefer the comps that run over a day.

Maybe its just me but I like the pick 3 horses today and highest cumulative dividend based on $1 EW, or one horse picked per race at a meeting (measured by points for 1,2 and 3rd - or div).

I appreciate this sort of comp means prizes etc won't be huge (or anything). But that aspect doesn't worry me - its more about the fun of showing I'm better than you lot at picking horses  :ph34r:

I'm also terrible at forgetting to do week 3's selections etc for those comps that run over weeks and weeks.

Cheers

Col

I like the idea of selecting on one meeting preferably NZ racing.I think when you start having races all over the shot group races bonus points etc etc the comp loses it's simplicity.

The Group One race tipping comp by Bruce was always good. Hard to win too. I could only snag it once. Even tho he added a non G1 race on the last day ha ha

For sure Memphis ,no-one on here could match you...too wily !!

I got to take Pogo to the Warriors/Sharks game recently.....he had to play by my rules ,I signed him up as a Warrior member and made him mingle in a special 'club' area for as long as he could bear...his Cronulla hat and blue jacket maybe gave him away.

He was a happy lad after the game with his superann riding on the result ,had a bad moment near end when Manu burst into the open with only 70m to run !

He also took in Queenstown and the Grand National so has seen more NZ than most on here!

yep, keen as!

...suggestion...Free weekly selections , collects added to total.

3 horses...$1 win on each, 3 x $1 win all ups and 1 x $1 treble all up.

Will keep all involved, as can have a lucky week with 3 winners.  

A comp here sounds great.

Perhaps you could mix Ted and Col's suggestions together. Each day/round is a single comp so people can jump into whatever rounds they choose to without missing out, and you also run a tally across all of the rounds for those who want to play the whole way through.

For sure Memphis ,no-one on here could match you...too wily !!

I got to take Pogo to the Warriors/Sharks game recently.....he had to play by my rules ,I signed him up as a Warrior member and made him mingle in a special 'club' area for as long as he could bear...his Cronulla hat and blue jacket maybe gave him away.

He was a happy lad after the game with his superann riding on the result ,had a bad moment near end when Manu burst into the open with only 70m to run !

He also took in Queenstown and the Grand National so has seen more NZ than most on here!

YEs Gary i got an email saying he was enjoying himself with you and country wide.Would have to be impressed  with the jumps at Riccarton.

However he may not have been so impressed if he had been sitting behind me a Eden Park on Saturday in a yellow jersey.But I was very impressed.

Impressive day all round.Hope you are well.