RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Irish

ADDICTIVE HABIT

Yes indeed congratulations to Lee and connections. A super win.

However the race day was ruined by the presentation of a man made fast strip again. Not one horse won coming from the back half of the field. The bias makes a mockery of fair racing as I have pointed out many times previously. ie the shifting of the running rail creating these fast lanes.

An Australian punter sent me an e-mail after R3 which simply said "No confidence in Te Rapa track. Cue has gone back in the rack. Quiet day for me."

When Fleur won The Foxbridge Plate, 3 years ago,  it was a group 3 badly in need of an upgrade to at least Group 2.

$42k was the winners purse.

Cody (That's him in The Pic )won $62,000 today. Sam has had 3 rides on him for two wins.

He's a wonderful horse and Lee thought he might have been a little underdone for today.

Excuses for some behind him today, but that can be said for many races that

Addictive Habit has bullyed his way to win. 

The Trainer ( who turns 70  on October 10th ) is looking at cheap air fares to Melbourne.

He Might even take a horse or 3, just for fun.

This racing game is a very Addictive Habit. Look out Taupo on Wednesday.

Fantastic win.. class horse of the field that looked very healthy parading.. yet no-one on trackside even mentioned him..  he was too powerful and the interview with Sam Spratt said it all she was speechless really because she didn't have any idea where on the track she was running, and I don't think it would have mattered where he was on the track, he was too good :)   Class.

The ground has been protected Hesi with the rail having been out. The ground where the rail was previously out is worn and torn from the previous racing. Try running on rough ground and then on smoother ground and note the difference.

Added to that factor was the ground where the running rail is in the true position at Te Rapa dries out quicker (possibly due to the drains nearby.) Therefore if you are running on a smoother, firmer surface it is a huge advantage than running on a rougher slower surface.

Ted, it was one of the last races of the day... jockeys had raced on it all day, Sam Spratt said it all .. the track was what it was - they didn't know where the best running was.. so the best horse won on the day.. you can't do scenarios based on that track, they just had to make do with what they had to run on and that finish was too good and they were spread over that track.

You obviously didn't hear comments of other riders earlier in the day Chestnut ie Leith Innes and Trudy Thornton. Watching the races told you where to be and this was repeatedly highlighted throughout the day by Steve Davis, Darryl Anderson and George Simon.

Yes I did Ted.. but if they all knew that.. then even more kudos to Sam and Addictive Habit :)  or are your posts on this thread all about her not being in the right place and not deserving the win.. because I'm a bit lost....

Sam clearly said that they didn't really know.. if everyone else knew where they should be on their horses then I guess the excuses should be few.

Not all Chestnut, I fail to understand how you reach that conclusion. It was a wonderful win as I stated above and congratulations again to connections. A wonderful training feat by Lee and terrific performance by Addictive Habit.

Hesi, the last time the rail was in the True position was for the meeting on 24 April. The last five meetings have been out 4m, 8m, 12m, 6m and 10m.

Teds right about the fast strip.But don't understand the Aussie putting his cue away as it narrowed down the chances and was easier to pick winners today.The ones that should feel abit annoyed are some of the owners and trainers that had no show with the racing bias.Congratulations to the AH win considering he's only won one 1200 m race and that was as a 2 yr old..Maybe just maybe AH is on his way to being as good as Roughie.

Chestnut has a very good point - NZs Premier Hoop has for years worked the fast lane - just took years for others to work it out - I asked myself after 2 races yesterday what the hell were some riders doing - it was there and obvious - why do most not react - I am lost

I was bemused by Steve Davis comments just prior to the race saying that there was a good crowd in. From watching on TV the public stand looked to be about 20% full.

Haven't times changed as to what constitutes a good crowd

Ventured to the Te rapa tavern Friday night 5 mins from the course and the set up with screens was brilliant somehow they have too replicate this oncourse. Approx 30 late model screens with a quality sound and all the latest info .Contrast oncourse inthe members bar 3 or so new screens and the rest the old square box TVs with limited info and very hard to hear anything.Seriously in need of an upgrade.Heres hoping.

Well done to the Addictive Habit team, under rated horse.

Did Kawi deserve to be relegated ?? Seemed a tough call to me.

if you were on whosyourmaster you would probably say yes fitzy,would of gone very close to winning if not

if you were on whosyourmaster you would probably say yes fitzy,would of gone very close to winning if not

If you were on Whosyourmaster its unlikley your opinion will be unbiased :rolleyes: