RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Uriah Heap

Flag

Old one must go and we have a multitude of choice.

I like simplicity and don't like the Koru in the flag.

My four choices would be

Black Jack

Wakainga Home

Black and White fern

Black, white and blue fern with stars (not so sure about this one)

Patronising PM acts dumb when asked anything important, then gushes about how important the flag is and how Noozilindizz should have a say on such an important issue.

OUR FLAG

Patriotism. Where has that been in all this debate? Is it an outdated concept now? The love of ones country. I think patriotism is a step beyond our self-conscious and self-important talk of ‘identity’. It is love for something else, not the quest for self-discovery. It is certainly far more than the ‘branding’ which the Prime Minister regularly speaks of......

Continue reading David Round's NZCPR guest commentary here > http://www.nzcpr.com/our-flag/

Now that would be politician Richie McCaw has come out in favour of a change all the rugby sychophants that didn't want change will now have to alter their view.

Oh i wonder what Richie thinks of the refugee crisis in Europe and the housing crisis in NZ.He is bound to have the answers.

Now that would be politician Richie McCaw has come out in favour of a change all the rugby sychophants that didn't want change will now have to alter their view.

Oh i wonder what Richie thinks of the refugee crisis in Europe and the housing crisis in NZ.He is bound to have the answers.

Did Richie say that?

Right then. A changed flag there has to be.

In regard to the Housing issues in the country of Auckland. Richie probably has got more answers than the National Govt.

John Key liked the fern one, didn't he?      So two of the four the same design except different colour, so that will "split the vote" here, meaning neither will win.     The Koru one, well I can't see anyone really liking that one, perhaps if it had some green (keep the sandal brigade happy) it could have got a bit of support but it's pretty dreary, isn't it?    So it's gone.  Leaving, guess what, John's fern only design.     Cunning, these poliicians, aren't they?

A waste of $26 million dollars that would've been better spent in the Racing industry.

$26 million only been the same amount as supermarket worker " Trevor" won on Lotto.

Anyone know if he invested in a Racehorse?

Or was it just Racecars?

Whichever way votes are placed, and we trust there's an option of "none of those listed/ shown" just remember as you do so, ask oneself, "would I be seen dead in a pair of budgie smugglers with that design on, or a towel wrapped around me, or on ones underwear?" as that's where flag designs also do end up on ;)

Interestingly we have been made aware that Electoral Office staff are working weekends and evenings and frequenting residential properties that have been advertised online for rent and for sale to ensure people are registered.

Must be really out to get everyone enrolled to vote

The triangle designed "flag" has to be the biggest joke of all time, it simply looks like an Egyptian Pyramid, then again, welcome to Pyramid schemes flourishing in NZ with the influx of migrants/ refugees from corrupt countries.

meomy...

Please provide evidence that shows that refugees and migrants are responsible for a rise in corruption in New Zealand.

If you can't, please have the decency to withdraw your comment and apologise.

Thank you.

Ashoka

meomy...

Please provide evidence that shows that refugees and migrants are responsible for a rise in corruption in New Zealand.

If you can't, please have the decency to withdraw your comment and apologise.

Thank you.

Ashoka

How much do you want? One recent example would be the high roller punters busted for importing commercial quantities of pseudo effedrine  (sp)...the stuff they make P from.

DC9,,,

The implication of the comment I take exception to is that the influx of refugees and migrants has raised the level of corruption in New Zealand.

I do not think that this is the case. Anecdotal comment is not evidence and New Zealand has had a high rate of drug use/abuse dating back to long before the recent influx of refugees and migrants.

I don't like to see the vulnerable labelled without real evidence.

All the best.

Ashoka

They came from China(migrants), they got the stuff from China. Therefore logic dictates that increased criminality( i.e. corruption) resulted in NZ, that would not have occured otherwise. Just answering your question mate. Let me know if you want another example. Maybe that Somali chick who got convicted of assult in Hamilton a few years back?  Bound to be some benefit fraud in there somewhere, too. If you want to play the PC Warrior, that's fine but don't make silly statements or accusations.

DC9...

Your example is not indicative of an increase in the level of corruption.

I suggest that you take time to think before you post insulting comments aimed at another poster.

Regards.

Ashoka

DC6...

Yes, seriously.

Meomy's comment appears to differentiate New Zealand from other "corrupt countries".

My recent experiences have shown me that our country is, arguably, the most corrupt country on the planet, given that corruption here has been formally institutionalised, and the fraud that covers it up is, essentially, government funded.

None of my experiences have involved refugees or migrants, but have involved individuals who would be considered "pillars of the community" by most New Zealanders.

Meomy, and you, apparently, need to pay more attention to what happens here without, instinctively, blaming those who can't fight back.

All the best.

Ashoka