RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
kimtapper

What was in plastic bag?

I just watched the 1st race from Te Aroha waiting for the next trotting race and saw the winning connections walking out of the birdcage with the male carrying a small plastic bag with what looked like a fish in the said bag

Could someone with galloping knowledge please explain to a 'wobbly'what was the significance of this????

Ted will know.Race One was sponsored by Super Liquor Te Aroha so it might have been a bottle of wine? Race 5 is sponsored by Two Tones Catering so if it was a fish they may have supplied it.The only Race I am interested in sponsoring is the NZRB Placed into Administration Handicap.

Kimtapper, that plastic bag you thought you saw was probably the winners's sash.

At Te Aroha every winning horse receives a sash with the name of the club and the name of the race. In the past this sash has been placed around the neck of the winner however experience has shown me that this sash can get damaged and stained with mud etc from the horse.  Since I have been looking after this aspect of looking after the winning owners I have adopted a different practice. 

When the winner has been unsaddled the horse is brought around into a spot in the birdcage and a photo taken with the winning connections standing on eiither side of the horse holding the sash outstretched with the horse behind. The owners end up with a nice photo and a nice clean sash.

Today's sash was white with maroon writing on it and you would have seen the winning owner and trainer Rachel Cave carrying the folded up sash following the photo.    

Guest 2Admin2

Kimtapper, that plastic bag you thought you saw was probably the winners's sash.

At Te Aroha every winning horse receives a sash with the name of the club and the name of the race. In the past this sash has been placed around the neck of the winner however experience has shown me that this sash can get damaged and stained with mud etc from the horse.  Since I have been looking after this aspect of looking after the winning owners I have adopted a different practice. 

When the winner has been unsaddled the horse is brought around into a spot in the birdcage and a photo taken with the winning connections standing on eiither side of the horse holding the sash outstretched with the horse behind. The owners end up with a nice photo and a nice clean sash.

Today's sash was white with maroon writing on it and you would have seen the winning owner and trainer Rachel Cave carrying the folded up sash following the photo.

So Ted in the winter why don't you make it Orange writing on a Dark Brown background? No one will see the mud and sweat then.

Thanks so much for the detailed exclamation Ted but....I'm sure it wasn't the winning sash.

It isn't that important but just something different that i haven't seen in my many years in the game.

The only chance of explaining what i saw is maybe some cafer "My Skyed"the 1st race and see as the female trainer led the horse down the shute and this older male connection was following the horse with a clear plastic freezer bag with some item in the bag.???Hopefully some person did My Sky or you personally know the winning connections and can confirm i'm not going crazy lol.

kimtapper the older man you saw was Brian Cave.He is a well known Waikato blacksmith so I am guessing there was some shoeing equipment/nails in the bag.Note that you are more a harness fan.Brian was a harness Owner/Trainer Driver in the 80's.He had success at Claudelands and Cambridge.

What was in the bag?  Product from a mystery (un-named) sponsor - a plain-labelled (think "cleanskin" wines) vial of wonderful ingredients combined to be a super-duper "recovery tonic" - guaranteed to get the horse backing up to the next Saturday meeting and what's more, greeting the judge when it does so, without swabbing +ve.

One vial free to the winner in said plastic bag - and 10% discount off all future purchases.

PS:  the bloody sash was meant to hide the vital vial!!!

PPS:  this post is entirely fictitious   :P  - it's just that I've been reading the Karen Karyn Bisdee Fenton Ellis thread which has got a bit aggro & I wanted to lighten things up :D  

Reviewing the replay on Mysky....it certainly was the sash as Ted pointed out. B)

Talk about P and Silver objects. :P  :lol: 

As you were... nothing to see here! :D

P.S. I must say I did see something funny on course... A man proudly wearing a jacket sporting a big logo on the front....COBOLT ! :blink:

...I hope he wasn't traveling salesman!  :unsure:  :lol: 

Reviewing the replay on Mysky....it certainly was the sash as Ted pointed out. B)

Talk about P and Silver objects. :P  :lol: 

As you were... nothing to see here! :D

P.S. I must say I did see something funny on course... A man proudly wearing a jacket sporting a big logo on the front....COBOLT ! :blink:

...I hope he wasn't traveling salesman!  :unsure:  :lol:

Thanks Baz.It was never my intention of thinking of anything suspect and thanks once again to Ted and Baz.p/s I would love to have another look at the footage.