RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Not Good Enough - Industry Lucky Though

Thankfully warm favourite Scapolo won, incidentally carrying the same weight as last year 59.5kgs. He looked unbeatable with that weight but with 56.5kgs with Jacob Lowry being a 3kg claimer he would have been even more the proverbial!!

However that 56.5kgs was what many people believed he was indeed carrying. All publications that I have seen. ie Best Bets, The Informant, newspapers and even worse on the TAB SHEETS showed apprentices as claiming in the race.

If indeed Scapolo had got beaten then the public would have had every reason to cry foul.

This is simply not good enough and should never have happened!

It's not good.  I have given up on phoning or emailing the TAB about their sloppy mistakes.  They either don't take you seriously, think you are weird or just don't reply at all.  If you pointed this one out to them, I think their response would be something like 'It doesn't matter because the horse won'.

I recorded The First Call and just watched the preview of the race again.  KE, SD and SL all point to the horse getting a 3kg claim.

It now appears that there were indeed claims and it was NZTR at fault. When updating the horses in the race they did not provide for the allowances in the official result.

This has now been rectified today and eg Scapolo's weight instead of showing: Weight 59.5kgs Carried 59.5kgs is now correctly showing as: Weight 59.5kgs Carried $56.5kgs