RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JackSprat

Professional boxing is the biggest con in "sport"!

Bowie Toupo simply lay down in his "fight" against Parker in Invercargill last night. No doubt at all.

He lay down, took his money, and went home.

An absolute disgrace. The punch that "knocked him out" was nothing more than a love tap, and a glancing one at that.

Interestingly we were watching highlights of the bouts and my son said exactly the same thing.

"He barely even hit him"

It contrasted sharply to the punch that sent the bloke thru the ropes and onto the corporate table in the under card. Now that was a knock out punch.

This is why I have become a dedicated MMA/UFC fan.

A lot more interesting to watch with the different variants of martial arts being used. Some very clever fighters in the clinch. Rhonda Rousey exceptional skills ,and can take punishment without changing those good looks of hers.

Boxing is dead for me.

Boxing has ben a joke ever since Don King got involved. The Ali v Spinks fight when Ali won the title for the third time was the beginning.

I feel sorry for the good people of Invercargill. But wait they are lining up a granddad to fight Parker next. As always we are told that this is Parker's hardest fight to date.

And so the crap goes on. It was supposed to be Parker's biggest test to date (we are told that every fight) with his management team pre fight talking up the opposition, a broken down old man.

It appears that Joseph Parker does have some ability but we will never know until he fights someone decent.

Deontay Wilder or Anthony Joshua will be his biggest tests but he has the class and speed to beat either, both are older than Joseph so no big rush but good to see 3 good quality heavyweights in what has been a weight category dominated by the Klitschko brothers for the past decade. Parker has every right to be talked up as a genuine contender for heavyweight titles but think he is a few fights off Wilder and Joshua who are absolute beasts of human beings.

Lonergan's no idiot.     He has real ability at milking the cash cow.     Would that fight have even made an undercard in the States.     A guy who is supposedly aiming for a world title fight up against a pensioner.     Ask yourself!

I don't particularly like Lonergan or Barry but  its a fine line in developing a guy like Parker between gaining ringtime and pitting him against someone world class too soon and ruining his career but these fights in New Zealand are getting tiring and a joke you have to pay to watch them when a guy like Gennady Golovkin who fights today, possibly the best boxer in the world is free to air. I am tired of paying into Lonergans bank account for something that is an ongoing circus in backwater NZ albeit with a champion act in Parker

What about parkers next fight..."The Rumble in Paradise".... You say what ? Surely they could of come up with a better title than that half a take on the piss? ...even "clash in the coconuts or Brawl in the Breadfruit would of been more 'suitable' .weird... What you think?.... $20 multi for best title judged by me. Good luck

Got home tonight from a hard day at the coalface and wife was on the phone booking the pay per view boxing. I can't understand why people pay money to watch uncoordinated b list celebrities make a mockery of a sport. Does the Colonel Bob have no reservations about commentating rubbish? I mean the guys a legend, has called the greatest fighters in history and is calling a circus act. Get Teddy Atlas over next time see what he has to say about this crap. Parker needs to get the f**k out of dodge and go to somewhere that has a bit of credibility and seperate himself from the sideshow that is Duco

my prediction is they will line him up against a few more to get his record to 20+ and 0 but it's a bore really. Fights guys with bad defensive technique and glass chins, lines them up with the straight right every time and fight is over. He'd be better off leaving Lonergan and going to de la Hoya at least that way if he's fighting journeymen he gets a decent payday and proper exposure on a good undercard. Bob Jones saw all this coming 2 years ago.