RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
barryb

Ruakaka, what a yawn.

Guest 2Admin2

gubellini, on 09 Aug 2015 - 1:17 PM, said:

Chris Wood rang Des this morning calling for a Synthetic Track in the Waikato.Ditto increased stakes.Another caller stated that the China Racing Association are looking at a major stakeholding in New Zealand racing including at least one independent racecourse. BRING IT ON!

Avondale would be perfect for the Chinese.

Yes, great wasn't it Puha. Hope the selections got through ok. :)  ;)

Just looked now as I am a bunny in the new tec and yes they arrived with do my bit for the TABs turnover during the week now . (Except Ruakaka though) :() cheers

Avondale would be ideal for the Chinese. Excellent support from their community in the greater Auckland area and a prime candidate for a synthetic track as an alternative for minor Ellerslie meetings. Would need a massive facelift but a private company would be the boys to do it. Could they install a stack of gaming machines on course or is that outside of current regulations ? I used to see the slots at Alexandra Park almost monopolized by the Chinese.

Peter you are on to it as always.David Carr in the latest Racing Post states that the British fixture list in 2016 will feature 21.3 % racing on all weather tracks.This year it is 20.9%.At least we are consistent. 0% all weather tracks last season.Ditto this season.We are rapidly becoming the laughing stock of the Racing world.

Here we go again, its as boring as batshit watching 1 trainer getting winner after winner every couple of weeks.

I struggle to bring myself to have a bet here, the racing is just so uninteresting from Ruakaka, locals are seriously overbet and represent little value.

Might spend the afternoon watching Phar Lap the movie again.

4 hours ago, barryb said:

Here we go again, its as boring as batshit watching 1 trainer getting winner after winner every couple of weeks.

I struggle to bring myself to have a bet here, the racing is just so uninteresting from Ruakaka, locals are seriously overbet and represent little value.

Might spend the afternoon watching Phar Lap the movie again.

How is there no value? Logan's first winner paid $22, another paid $6.80 and the last one opened at $8? Stop being so pessimistic! I'd rather punt at ruakaka on a decent track than matamata on a heavy 15! Honestly why is it even an issue? Every local trainer at any racecourse across New Zealand is always hard to beat so why is ruakaka different? Matamata trainers are hard to beat at matamata so why is ruakaka any different? Nobody is forcing you to watch or punt and nobody asked you to come on here and whinge about it! 

It was definately no value, first starter who ran near last at only trial. Impossible to back it without any knowledge of its work.

The difference is that this track is in the middle of nowhere, has a terrible bias to horses trained there & is raced on far too often over winter.

What you don't get Berlog is that view is shared by many on this site and elsewhere, we don't want to see this track 4 more times on a Saturday before winter ends, the racing from here is BORING.

6 hours ago, barryb said:

locals are seriously overbet and represent little value.

On one hand you say Ruakaka has a terrible bias towards horses trained there, and then on the other you say those same horses are overbet and represent little value. Isn't that contradictory? And if you feel some horses are over bet, doesn't it present opportunities to punt those horses which are under bet?

35 minutes ago, Peter Harrop said:

On one hand you say Ruakaka has a terrible bias towards horses trained there, and then on the other you say those same horses are overbet and represent little value. Isn't that contradictory? And if you feel some horses are over bet, doesn't it present opportunities to punt those horses which are under bet?

6 of the 8 winners were trained on the track, in my book that constitutes a bias, but well you would know better than me.

19 minutes ago, kakama said:

Nothing wrong with track, if its that predictable....punters should be happy. One winter track where I am confident following the form. I think some on here have a problem with trainers more than the track. 

What would you know, you only bet in Aus and with Crownbet.

1 hour ago, Peter Harrop said:

No because they rarely win there :) and many I would presume offbet on local trainers with other horses in the race... so you have to be very lucky or be punting on lingering autumn horses  (or have additional knowledge) in your selections and punting dollar :)

31 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

No because they rarely win there :) and many I would presume offbet on local trainers with other horses in the race... so you have to be very lucky (or have additional knowledge) in your selections and punting dollar :)

In the 4 previous meetings at Ruakaka (before today), a total of 24 races were won by non-Ruakaka trained runners. Just 9 (27%) were won by Ruakaka runners. Would be interesting to see what percentage of the total number of runners at those 4 meetings were locally trained. I'm picking pretty close to 27%.

2 minutes ago, kakama said:

Don't worry about Baz, he sometimes gets a little grumpy. When he gets a winner next week, he will be happy as again. 

I like the track, and if you look at the tab figures today, ruakaka only about 10% - 15% less than other meeting. So holds up well, I suggest those that don't bet, stay away. 

You have been right in one area today baz, I did have a few bets at ruakaka , of course with crownbet.

Loony, for you info I backed Spider and Rocknrolla today at Ruakaka, doesnt stop me from hating the track and recognising that it is terrible for the industry.

10 minutes ago, barryb said:

so 31% were won by locals, seems rather high Peter to claim a non bias at the track,

I never said there wasn't a bias. I haven't really delved into it. When there is a theory, I enjoy looking into the stats to see if the theory has validity. That's what I was doing with my posts here. Trying to work out if there is evidence of a bias :)

To work it out properly, we really need to work out what percentage of the total runners are Ruakaka trained. 31% of the winners trained at Ruakaka doesn't sound so good if we were to find out that 31% of the starters were trained there.

It is a yawn and i live here crowds dismal facilities not that good only decent thing is track but tend to agree with others its winter and at Ruakaka your running on late spring surface . So the only ones that will really benefit are locally trained horses unless you have a class horse like Peter Mckays 2YO that won . 

If you look at the percentages of a local trainer eg Logan /Gibbs 19 or 20 noms statistically they are going to win a few now take them away from this environment that percentage runners to winners is drastically reduced .

You wont get huge fields up here for that reason and also the travelling costs $400 or so from Waikato per horse . And someone mentioned accomodation there right 30 minutes to Whangarei and if you want a drink the only means of transport is a free bus put on by the club.