RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
kilcoyne

Ross Doherty

Oh shit that's no good.As Ohoka said where was the support?.Tho sometimes some people that are dealing with those sort of issues,do tend to keep that stuff to themselves and wont seek out any help.I thought it may of been a trackwork accident or something like that.Condolences to his family and friends.

even if support is available few in that sort of hurt would accept it.their issues feel so big and unfixable its often just a matter of time before the trigger point rolls in.robin williams and many others had huge support but their personal issues felt bigger than that support.always a tragic thing especially when a young person chooses that option.there was a doco on tv last night about a family battling the bank to hold on to a family farm that had been in the family for many generations.the bank was brutal and the son who had the weight of the world on his shoulders took his own life when they were unable to hold the family farm.so tragic and so many victims left behind.

dont know the personal issues that ross was dealing with but the end result is tragic for everyone involved.

i watched somebody take their own life a few years ago.didnt even know what was happening until it was all over.i had terrible guilts and asked myself for years if there was anything i could have done to stop what happened.i know i couldnt have done a thing but that didnt stop the guilt 

Such sadness for Ross' friends and family.

And even more difficult given the circumstances.

I've read the posts on this thread.  And I would urge anyone reading this to both support people in their lives who they see may be struggling - but also not to assume there is a lack of support when someone makes this decision to take their life.  This is often not the case.  There is almost always a complexity of circumstances which prevail. There is little room for - or benefit from- blame and regrets.

I cannot ease the sadness that those close to Ross will be feeling.  But I hope that their grief soon gives way to an ability to celebrate what was special about him and to treasure his triumphs and the time they shared with him.

Vale Ross.