RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Zither

Sculptor

Sculptor looks a million dollars. I have had him here on my Water Treadmill since mid June. He is going on twice a day and doing plenty of work. He is a real power walker and is loving the exercise. His legs look as good as new ones. I don't think you can ever write off these elite atheletes and his trainer is a very astute man.

At this point I don't see any reason why he couldn't get back to racing. A season of serving mares hasn't changed his attitude. He is just a lovely horse to do anything with and if he stays sound he could do anything. After all he is a Group 1 winner in Australia.

Group 1 eh! :confused: which one! :rolleyes:

maybe you would like to investigate just HOW much this horse has won in stakes before laughing at the possibility of him gaining entry or even possibly raising his earnings in stakes by placing in such a race.

maybe you would like to investigate just HOW much this horse has won in stakes before laughing at the possibility of him gaining entry or even possibly raising his earnings in stakes by placing in such a race.

I was pointing out the simple fact that Sculptor has Not won a Group One... he has had 6 starts in G1's for a 3rd in Bris Cup and 4 in Queensland Derby... unplaced in others...

he won the G2 Great Northern Derby and over the ditch the SAAB QLTY Group 3

STARTS WINS SECONDS THIRDS FOURTHS FIFTHS EARNINGS

Career: 47 7 5 3 7 6 $765,937

from http://www.nzracing.co.nz/Breeding/HorseProfilePerformance.aspx/238171

I don't know what you're on about asiseeit. All roughie did was comment on the suggestion that sculptor had won a group one race. Nowhere did he cast any doubt on the horse's ability.

And as for Straight Strike's comment, Mr McKenzie is a very astute trainer, I imagine he must have a great strikerate. It's his horse, he pays the bills, and he can do what he likes with it.

I don't know what you're on about asiseeit. All roughie did was comment on the suggestion that sculptor had won a group one race. Nowhere did he cast any doubt on the horse's ability.

And as for Straight Strike's comment, Mr McKenzie is a very astute trainer, I imagine he must have a great strikerate. It's his horse, he pays the bills, and he can do what he likes with it.

Good luck to him and his horse - If you don't have a dream then it can't come true. Let's hope he proves the knockers wrong on all counts.

Good luck to him and his horse - If you don't have a dream then it can't come true. Let's hope he proves the knockers wrong on all counts.
we are talking the $7.2m Melbourne Cup here with some of the best horses in the world at 3200m....not the Wairoa,,Paeroa or Motukarara Cup !!!

Nobody is knocking but most people are realists.

we are talking the $7.2m Melbourne Cup here with some of the best horses in the world at 3200m....not the Wairoa,,Paeroa or Motukarara Cup !!!

Nobody is knocking but most people are realists.

Don't forget he has run the distance before and came a credible 9th which in my book is not to be sneezed at. Would love a horse half as good as Sculptor, capable of a 9th in such a race.

I was pointing out the simple fact that Sculptor has Not won a Group One... he has had 6 starts in G1's for a 3rd in Bris Cup and 4 in Queensland Derby... unplaced in others...

he won the G2 Great Northern Derby and over the ditch the SAAB QLTY Group 3

STARTS WINS SECONDS THIRDS FOURTHS FIFTHS EARNINGS

Career: 47 7 5 3 7 6 $765,937

from http://www.nzracing.co.nz/Breeding/HorseProfilePerformance.aspx/238171

There's always got to be a first G1 for horses. I'm merely tierd of everyone taking the micky really and your post was the one I chose to respond via.

If you don't take chances then you never know what your horse is capable of.

Dreams and aspirations are admirable and obtainable and it comes down to application.

I take my hat off to the man for trying what others may be too faint hearted to risk.

People should applaud his guts and determination as opposed to questioning his obvious bold breakthrough attitude.

Not saying you don't.

If you don't reach for the stars you miss a chance at capturing them :-)

There's always got to be a first G1 for horses. I'm merely tierd of everyone taking the micky really and your post was the one I chose to respond via.

If you don't take chances then you never know what your horse is capable of.

Dreams and aspirations are admirable and obtainable and it comes down to application.

I take my hat off to the man for trying what others may be too faint hearted to risk.

People should applaud his guts and determination as opposed to questioning his obvious bold breakthrough attitude.

Not saying you don't.

If you don't reach for the stars you miss a chance at capturing them :-)

HEAR HEAR!

Don't forget he has run the distance before and came a credible 9th which in my book is not to be sneezed at. Would love a horse half as good as Sculptor, capable of a 9th in such a race.

I agree. I'd be screaming from the roof-tops if my horse got 9th in the Melbourne Cup!

And this is one astute trainer and intelligent man.

I've never done the stat.s but he has got ot have had way more than his share of good - some very good - horses. And it's not like they're by $100,000 sires out of blue blood mares.

Most are by his own late sire, HRH (with his smarts, I wouldn't be surprised if he is as astute a breeder as he is a trainer).

All the best to him and the horse - would love to see him make it all the way to Melbourne and have things go right for him this time when he takes his place in the field.

This is all nice feel good stuff mainly written by women! The last time the 8 year old entire raced was in the Melbourne Cup 2007, there he ran a creditable 9th place. It will be three years since the entire last raced. According to the trainer he has 'gone amiss' twice since. Basically if you look at the field and the entry requirements. There would be as much chance of Sculptor running in the Melbourne Cup 2010 as Jesus Christ lining up for the Warriors.

This is all nice feel good stuff mainly written by women! The last time the 8 year old entire raced was in the Melbourne Cup 2007, there he ran a creditable 9th place. It will be three years since the entire last raced. According to the trainer he has 'gone amiss' twice since. Basically if you look at the field and the entry requirements. There would be as much chance of Sculptor running in the Melbourne Cup 2010 as Jesus Christ lining up for the Warriors.

Jesus plays for the warriors every 2nd week so be careful buddy..good to see you at Otaki eh??

On the basis you think you are obviously learned in the thinking of women, you should also know the determination of women and their ability to infact be very good at pleasantrys and feel goods.

Pleasantry and feel goods are what hold things together in trying times and times plagued with animosity and negativity.

A CHANCE is a chance....his money, his horse, his risk, his hard work, his dreams,

and his guts.

And many a facts and figures have been thrown in the bin after application has shown the paper's worth. :-)

On the basis you think you are obviously learned in the thinking of women, you should also know the determination of women and their ability to infact be very good at pleasantrys and feel goods.

Pleasantry and feel goods are what hold things together in trying times and times plagued with animosity and negativity.

A CHANCE is a chance....his money, his horse, his risk, his hard work, his dreams,

and his guts.

And many a facts and figures have been thrown in the bin after application has shown the paper's worth. :-)

You don't seem to get it do you. All I am saying is that the horse WILL NOT MAKE THE FIELD, regardless of his staying sound etc etc etc and regardless of anyone's money, dreams passion etc. Read the balloting conditions only form since 2008 is considered NOT 2007.

You don't seem to get it do you. All I am saying is that the horse WILL NOT MAKE THE FIELD, regardless of his staying sound etc etc etc and regardless of anyone's money, dreams passion etc. Read the balloting conditions only form since 2008 is considered NOT 2007.

What I do 'get' however, is negative, negative, negative.

How hard is it for people to say Good luck Hope you get into the field......Even if the qualification criteria doesn't match the horses performance......

I'm a person who looks for the good, even in the bad.

He probably wouldn`t want to start in the Melbourne Cup 1st up....just guessing here but I`d think that Mr MacKenzie would see the value of a lead up race and being the astute trainer that he is, realise that he would have to qualify.

If I was the Owner trainer I would suggest that any critics could go and get stuffed :-)

What I do 'get' however, is negative, negative, negative.

How hard is it for people to say Good luck Hope you get into the field......Even if the qualification criteria doesn't match the horses performance......

I'm a person who looks for the good, even in the bad.

There are some really mucked up people with some totally irrational thoughts and ideas......Sculptor going for the M.Cup !! what an absolute joke,to me and most balanced people he would be 100/1 to win a Wairoa Cup.