RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
crustyngrizzly

Is Gisborne dead?

Being unemployed/able i have decided that i may have to buy myself a job,something i have been dead against,however times and atitudes do change.

My wife has said she would like to move from our present location and with us both being a bit partial to Poverty Bay i decided to look up businesses for sale in Gisborne.

Of the 33 on offer 11 were motels.Suggests to me maybe Gisnorne is not the place to go as that must be a big percentage of all motels in that area.

I was in Gisborne in March for the first time in about 10 years and whilst it has great beaches and climate the main street  has become very run down.

I visited what used to be one of my favourite football grounds to play on, Childers Road and wow what an eyesore it has become. However, if you want to see a really depressed town try Wairoa.

Gisborne City - Childers Road - Kevin Fallon. vs Mt Wellington, Christchurch United, Mirimar Rangers, Caversham, Blockhouse Bay.....

Those were the days. Even an old rugby head like me took an interest in local soccer back then.

Being unemployed/able i have decided that i may have to buy myself a job,something i have been dead against,however times and atitudes do change.

My wife has said she would like to move from our present location and with us both being a bit partial to Poverty Bay i decided to look up businesses for sale in Gisborne.

Of the 33 on offer 11 were motels.Suggests to me maybe Gisnorne is not the place to go as that must be a big percentage of all motels in that area.

Seriously Crusty you are in a rut. I'm surprised your wife has stayed around and hope the poor woman has a job to go to, so she doesn't have to sit around and listen to you all day.

If your both keen on Poverty Bay then do the old girl a favour and get over there. The sunshine might brighten your disposition. Fresh fruit, nice wines, walks on the beach, sea air and the sun. What more could you want.

However Motelier might not be the go. Unless you are looking to name it "Grumpy Old Bastards Retreat" - with a "Visitors Not Really Welcome" sign hanging out front.