RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Mr Spyro

Lotus Laud

Well done to Peter and the team winning with him.  Days like that make it all worth while.   Horse has had more set backs then you would believe  so many  career stops and starts but all kudos for having the perseverance.  He looked better than he ever has yesterday and ran accordingly.

Hi, not sure if anyone will see this as adding to an old post.  Was thinking about Lotus Lord bizarrely today (planning on going to the races with my little kids and remembered the day I watched from the stand as a kid myself when Lotus Lord won, so googled the name to see whatever happened to the horse).  I have a funny story re this horse - that race that it won was either the last or just about the last race of the day, I had been there all day with my dad betting (via dad putting the bets on at the TAB for me) on the favourites etc, was bored with winning $1.01 etc so picked the rank outsider for this race (it was off the old chart $99).  I asked dad to go put a bet on for me, a dollar each way, he looked at the horse and its form and said "no way am I getting up for that horse".  I pestered him, explained I was bored etc and I felt good about this one and he said "fine I'll take your money - I'll take the bet for you".  So he did, and we both sat there amazed (and me thrilled to bits) as Lotus Lord stormed home, miles in front, me loving every minute.  Dad dutifully paid me the winnings, it was the most money I had ever had in my hands at any one time, and for several years I kept the news clipping of that race tacked to my bedroom wall (it may even be in a box somewhere).  Love that horse!

Good for you. I can remember backing a $200 winner at Awapuni as a young fellow. For a place!!

and one day at the Cremorne strata backing a 100/1 winner and 50/1 winner in consecutive races. Crikey doesn't happen now. Been backing two Buck shots that get rolled. 

i remember backing a horse at thames(my dads tip) and paying 117 for a win.  won by 3 lengths i think and paid for my holiday . it won again at avondale under lights and only paid $4.  trained by jim waterson. 

2 hours ago, Memphis2 said:

Good for you. I can remember backing a $200 winner at Awapuni as a young fellow. For a place!!

and one day at the Cremorne strata backing a 100/1 winner and 50/1 winner in consecutive races. Crikey doesn't happen now. Been backing two Buck shots that get rolled. 

Similar story. I wanted to put $1ew on Andagain at Avondale back in the 70s but the queues were too long in the $1 window (remember those days when you had seperate windows for different denominations?)

Went to the $2 window and put in on for a place and home it rolled at something like $250 a win and $56 a place.