RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
WhoKnows

Greyhound magazine

Just wondering does anybody proof-read the greyhound mag before it goes to print?

I see according to the racing manager our average field size is 7.85%, whatever that is meant to mean, guess they didn't need the %sign, and then they show pictures of the flooded 'Ascot ' track, which is clearly Forbury Park, it even has a Dunedin motors sign in the middle of the track.

Just minor things I know but clearly shows no-one bothers to, or is incapable of picking up these mistakes.

WhoKnows,as far as i know the magazine is done inhouse and sent off to the printers,typos happen get over it!

I use to run entertainment in club and have to put a flyer out each month. You proof read, hand it round for other people to spot a mistake and sometimes one gets through and there is always a few people that make a song and dance about it.

lad27...

Having been responsible for a few publications myself, I agree with the considerate attitude you are taking, in the main.

However, these errors, if they are as stated by WhoKnows, appear to be the fault of the publishing organisation, not the publisher.

Blatant errors such as these can be indicative of a careless attitude in general.

Do you feel that the accuracy level at greyhound head office is acceptable?

I most certainly don't.

My opinion, from experience and anecdotal evidence, is that it is the interests of the staff, not that of the industry, that rules supreme.

As such, these errors are, indeed, indicative of a much greater malaise.

All the best.

Ashoka

Not good enough. In a well run and professional organisation these mistakes would be edited. The worst one I've seen was a couple of years ago, when half the magazine was reprinted inside and a portion obviously omitted. The magazine is an embarrassment to a  so-called "Governing Body": but I suspect is symptomatic of a much greater malaise...

Who cares. To me it's as bad as the Woman's Weekly. Through it in 10 minutes. Love the Aussie mags.

What else would you like in the magazine MM

I think we need more articles like back when the magazine was the size of an a4 sheet of paper and there were always write ups.

Seems the only write ups with trainer comments after feature races are on our website.