RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
chrisphoe

***breeding Tips*** Best Value Spotting 2010

Hi Phoebe, I wonder if you could expand a little on this statement (cut and pasted below) on your homepage which you provided the link for above ? I would have thought Australian stallions would have produced more G1 winners in Australia than American stallions in the past season. Perhaps I have misunderstood your statement. Maybe you could clarify

"American Stallions in 2010 are responsible for more G1 winners than any other Stallion at stud in Australia, so we can only imagine what these 2 superstars will do when given half a chance!"

Also given that neither of your stallions are American stallions I am further puzzled. They appear to be bred in Brazil and Argentina. I am a big fan of South American horses and think your pair look interesting prospects but can't understand why you are pushing "American Stallions" when your boys clearly are not ! Hope you can clear up the confusion.

Both Brazil and Argentina are in America, as are many other countries.

The populace of the United States of America sometimes allude to themselves as "Americans".

Was aware of that one Nod, funnily enough but I have never heard anyone in the industry refer to American Stallions meaning a subset which includes stallions originating from North and South America. Bit like the All Whites being described as an "Australasian team" at the World Cup....

Perhaps you could give me your opinion on this one too Nod -

"INVESTOR'S DREAMS' sireline is said to be one of the strongest today, (2010) along with Mr Prospector and Northern Dancer."

I'm having trouble understanding this one too. Are they referring to the Buckpasser sireline which is a very doubtful claim or are we going to stretch a long bow and call this the "Phalaris line" to claim a technical truth ???

Hi there peter, I'm sorry if you are not impressed with Buckpasser, but for the informed among us I believe what I have said is true, although I would expect you would research before speaking???????, another who has shared my research obviously is the person who posted this comment on one of his videos... you can have a look if it's not too much effort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j_-7esL5s0

Also, thanks Nod, for those who are aware, South America is America, hence the America part of the two words....

And peter as you would also know, of course, if you had taken the time to inform yourself, Hussonet is the current leading sire of G1 winners and is an American Stallion not an Australian one.

All the best, keep up the research!! :)

Sorry Peter, the smilie was missing from the earlier post ;)

I have no idea who or what 'Investors Dream' is, I do know "investment" is a very loose term when connected to thouroughbreds and with my limited genetic knowledge I wonder at the term 'sireline' :rolleyes:

As best as I can tell it is the top line of most pedigree charts but perhaps the charts could equally start lower down?

Hi there peter, I'm sorry if you are not impressed with Buckpasser, but for the informed among us I believe what I have said is true, although I would expect you would research before speaking???????, another who has shared my research obviously is the person who posted this comment on one of his videos... you can have a look if it's not too much effort.

Also, thanks Nod, for those who are aware, South America is America, hence the America part of the two words....

And peter as you would also know, of course, if you had taken the time to inform yourself, Hussonet is the current leading sire of G1 winners and is an American Stallion not an Australian one.

Haha, I dont think Peter needs to do too much research on the deeds of Hussonet.

Phoebe I have no problem with your stallions. I am just trying to understand the claims you are making about "American stallions". Where did I say Hussonet was an Australian stallion ? My mare is in foal to him so I probably know more about him than you realise.

Research ? Well according to a quick tally I made today Australian stallions accounted for 26 of the 56 Group 1 winners in Australia last year (ref-stallions.com). How many for "American stallions" ? 12 it would seem. How does this make "American Stallions responsible for more G1 winners than any other Stallion (sic) at stud in Australia" ??

Can you support your assertion regarding the Buckpasser sireline "being one of the strongest today along with Mr. Prospector and Northern Dancer, with some hard data ?

I have great respect for Buckpassers influence and achievements but his sireline impact is minimal compared to that of say Turn-to and doesn't come close to that of the othe pair you mentioned. I'm happy to be proven wrong as no doubt you have the data to do so.

Cheers

Nod, you get no dispute from me on that one ;)

I think there is a lot of confusion..???? No-one is quoting you as saying Hussonet is an Australian Stallion??? I think you may be mis-interpreting the statement you are quoting from my website out of context... Arrowfield Stud as you will know is advertising Hussonet with this phrase meaning an individual stallion and my quote is regarding individual stallions not overall tallies???????????

I referred to this because I have been told by those at the heart of the industry that American blood has been very successful crossed with Australian lines given the example of Hussonet and More than Ready and that Genereux and Investors Dream have a unique oportunity here to do the same as things have tended to become quite inbred.

I have been in the industry over 20 years and am very excited at Genereux's first progeny on the ground now and how they look, superior to the norm. So I believe I am quite entitled to share my excitement regarding both stallions and their future, and the statements I have made are based on facts. A lot of the research I have done on Spend a Buck, Investor's Dreams' sire and the line, is on the following link and I have nothing but respect for a legacy of Champions such as that.

http://www.chrisphoethoroughbreds.com/investorsdream.htm

We are going to enjoy racing the progeny and if people want to share that with us they are most welcome. :)

I think there is a lot of confusion..???? No-one is quoting you as saying Hussonet is an Australian Stallion??? I think you may be mis-interpreting the statement you are quoting from my website out of context... Arrowfield Stud as you will know is advertising Hussonet with this phrase meaning an individual stallion and my quote is regarding individual stallions not overall tallies???????????

I referred to this because I have been told by those at the heart of the industry that American blood has been very successful crossed with Australian lines given the example of Hussonet and More than Ready and that Genereux and Investors Dream have a unique oportunity here to do the same as things have tended to become quite inbred.

I have been in the industry over 20 years and am very excited at Genereux's first progeny on the ground now and how they look, superior to the norm. So I believe I am quite entitled to share my excitement regarding both stallions and their future, and the statements I have made are based on facts. A lot of the research I have done on Spend a Buck, Investor's Dreams' sire and the line, is on the following link and I have nothing but respect for a legacy of Champions such as that.

http://www.chrisphoethoroughbreds.com/investorsdream.htm

We are going to enjoy racing the progeny and if people want to share that with us they are most welcome. :)

Phoebe I wish you every success with your stallion venture. i know how hard it is to get sires off the ground.

I'm still trying to get my head around your statement. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm guessing that what you mean't to say is:

"The leading sire of Gr1 winners at stud in Australia is an American-bred"

which carries quite a different meaning to your statement -

"American Stallions in 2010 are responsible for more G1 winners than any other Stallion at stud in Australia"

No argument on American-bred Hussonet being the No. 1 sire of Gr1 winners at stud in Australia.

Now how are you going with the Buckpasser sireline data, Phoebe ?

There is so much data on the Sire side that I haven't even given any justice to the Dam side!!! Lyphard and Ghadeer not to be sneezed at either....... heaps of info and documentary's etc on you tube etc........ will get there slowly, never had to research a horse whom when you go back every generation is either in the hal of fame or Champion this or that over and over again.

Hes a very nice horse, very quiet and gentle, with that classic Thoroughbred look rather than the modern day look. Will have Tommy Berhns chiro him on the 16th, (pure genius, amazing results with Genereux who was out in the back terribly and for so long the vertebrae had all fused together).

Can't wait to see him in a couple of months after being done, Genereux just flourished.

Good luck with your Hussonet progeny good choice for those who can afford it.