RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
legs&lashes

Group 1stakes

its because 90% of dogs bred in nz are crap (its the same in aus to, except they have the no's to allow for this)... without the aussie imports, almost every meeting would be a wednesday at wanganui, do we really want that?

Most OZ races are Wednesday at Wanganui.

If we get that 1 in a million dog,some importer will get a faster dog over to beat it, but only if it is economically viable.

More money for group races would make it more ECONOMICALLY VIABLE.

Do we really want that?.

If we get that 1 in a million dog,some importer will get a faster dog over to beat it, but only if it is economically viable.

More money for group races would make it more ECONOMICALLY VIABLE.

Here's a thought.

Do away with NZRS races. Increase the payout in every purse by 10% for a dog born in NZ, with 5% of it going to the owner/trainer & 5% going to the breeder.

Decrease the payout in every purse paid by 10% if the dog is born outside NZ.

Where is it said that GRNZ isn't allowed to discriminate against non NZ breeds?

Why is it much more costly to export apples compared to kiwifruit to Australia? I'd guess they're simply protecting their own domestic apple production.

Yes. We do want better dogs coming to NZ. I do not care who has them, better dogs equals better racing... and with better dogs coming into NZ, it will increase the quality of breeding stock in NZ, they are already talking about sending dyna vikkers to stud with a few straws, and this is just one dog to come to nz from a quality line. We need imports to continue to improve the dogs over here. Whether most people like to admit it or not, most kiwibred dogs are out of australian imports and you only need to go back one-three gens to see that. It would be stupid to have benifets for dogs that are bred in nz because you will just kill of most of the breeding in nz

The imports bring quality. Dyna Vickers is a classic example, being a brother to dyna double one, we will then have access to him for stud duties. Ddone will go to stud for $1650aus at least. There is no doubt that nz has produced some fantastic dogs, now for the first time we have an nz dog doing stud duties in aus in above all. This is a massive achievment. The imports bring quality racers, broodbitches and potential stud dogs. We have to find a balance so that we keep the imports but don't stop nz breeders producing the quality dogs we have.

why do we have to make this a contest about ozzie vs nz? people have the right to purchase a dog from anywhere for what ever they want to pay and race it wherever they like.you are all keen to breed out of these ozzie dogs and bitches and then call them nz breds.i know  there has been a few dogs purchased recently from ozzie for BIG money and will be racing in the north.personally I think the prices were way too high for dogs to race in nz but that is the choice of the purchaser.

The imports bring quality. Dyna Vickers is a classic example, being a brother to dyna double one, we will then have access to him for stud duties. Ddone will go to stud for $1650aus at least. There is no doubt that nz has produced some fantastic dogs, now for the first time we have an nz dog doing stud duties in aus in above all. This is a massive achievment. The imports bring quality racers, broodbitches and potential stud dogs. We have to find a balance so that we keep the imports but don't stop nz breeders producing the quality dogs we have.

you dont mind breeding from dogs that have marred then do you think anyone would use vikkers in aust

Absolutely, ask Craig how hard this dog chases. Go ahead and pay well over 2k for dyna double one, Craig will prob stand him for 750-1k. If u think its so genetic these traits then the same bloodlines are in dyna double one, so he has just as much chance of throwing a fighter as Vickers. Our new dog Dr. Brm is a classic example of a system that works for these types of dogs, brm is chasing his ass off and loving racing....he wud have no future in aus. Breeding wise, I think there are many types of fighters and nonnies but you got to have the talent. Once you start digging you will find well over half the dogs at stud here have dodgy backgrounds. Does it bother me....no, would I still you them or buy pups from them....sure....with or to the right bitches. But this argument is nothing new, back on topic......

Absolutely, ask Craig how hard this dog chases. Go ahead and pay well over 2k for dyna double one, Craig will prob stand him for 750-1k. If u think its so genetic these traits then the same bloodlines are in dyna double one, so he has just as much chance of throwing a fighter as Vickers. Our new dog Dr. Brm is a classic example of a system that works for these types of dogs, brm is chasing his ass off and loving racing....he wud have no future in aus. Breeding wise, I think there are many types of fighters and nonnies but you got to have the talent. Once you start digging you will find well over half the dogs at stud here have dodgy backgrounds. Does it bother me....no, would I still you them or buy pups from them....sure....with or to the right bitches. But this argument is nothing new, back on topic......

your correct it probably is genetic as there is another none chaser in the family as well ,, you should be looking at breeding the best not nonnies ,you can only name a couple nz bred dogs recently that have gone on to beat the best in aust as i see this point does relate to the topic if you want good stakes breed or buy in top quality dogs to race for people to watch and get interested about  

I think you are using the wrong dog as an example there (no offence)... winning a c1 race is a huge difference to winning 4-5 group races. Dyna vikkers is only 3-4 lengths of DD1, very few dogs in aus would be that far off of DD1

I think you are using the wrong dog as an example there (no offence)... winning a c1 race is a huge difference to winning 4-5 group races. Dyna vikkers is only 3-4 lengths of DD1, very few dogs in aus would be that far off of DD1

thanks allthe way how are you basing your 3 to 4 lengths dv best meadows 30.04  dd1  meadows 29.43 you really think if dv could do those times then why isnt he back in aust where the real money is

I think you are using the wrong dog as an example there (no offence)... winning a c1 race is a huge difference to winning 4-5 group races. Dyna vikkers is only 3-4 lengths of DD1, very few dogs in aus would be that far off of DD1  litter brotherdyna quirk 

26/03/2015 Sandown Park Fail to Chase 28 days Awaiting Trial

np offence  dv 

Date of Offence
Track of Offence
Offence Type
Duration
Status

15/01/2015 Sandown Park Marring 28 days Awaiting Trial dyna quirk litter brother   

26/03/2015 Sandown Park Fail to Chase 28 days Awaiting Trial

thanks allthe way how are you basing your 3 to 4 lengths dv best meadows 30.04  dd1  meadows 29.43 you really think if dv could do those times then why isnt he back in aust where the real money is

Gary, you sound like ol mate Aaron the way you twist facts. For a start in both their second starts they races each other. DDO the victor by 2.54 lengths with DV actually running a 29.97 at the meadows in doing so. The night DV ran 30.04, a dog called Fernando bale won 29.70, then again later in the night DDO ran only 29.89 running 3rd in the group 1 silver chief behind above all and dyna villa. BUT the best confirmation that there is only a couple of lengths between them is Tom Daily personally telling me that just after the 3 started racing.

Also Gary1 please be sure to let me know when you have used Fernando bale over a bitch. Then I'll send you the links of many races in which his litter mates havnt chased. His sire, Kelso fusilier is supposedly renowned in America for throwing 'iffy' dogs.

And the late mail is straws for DDO will be drawn in the coming weeks. With Fernando's selling at 3300$ I'd pick supply an demand will mean they will be around the same price, $2500 if breeders are lucky.

Regards.

James

very good posts sheep and garrick.the other point is that dv is here because he marred and in my opinion its because he chases so hard and is so competitive he was wanting his reward.over the years I have had many many dogs that have marred and come and raced here without a problem.i would not hesitate to send a bitch to dv as I know first hand what a dynamic hard chasing dog he is.hopefully I will have some straws available soon at around $1000

as an aside I think the imports will reduce dramatically in the next few years as I believe ozzie will go to the finish on lure systems.which will be a shame as that is where our superstars have come from that have self promoted and taken our sport to main stream media.

Yes, there will be a massive drop off when that happens, maybe NZGRA could be pro-active here and look to scrap the $50 rego for pups, or look at some incentives to fill the void that is predicted (my thoughts are they wont, and then by the time the shortfall does occur and fields are reduced, then bringing in measures then will be too late). Then we will see even more low grade meets with fields for dogs to make up the shortfall in product for the TAB. 

Back on topic with GRP1s, the $ needs to be decent, show that more aussie dogs come over for them. It was great to see those 2 enry walt dogs come over for the auck cup i think it was, it thats at 30-40k instead of the 80...then those dogs dont venture over. If we are seriuos about improving our breeding then we should have a long term plan in place so that maybe one day some of our pups, dogs, FS are sold to Aus and the rest of the world from here....and see more of our dogs go over to aus to compete. Getting more aus dogs over to race against our best will show them that our dogs can compete, and lose this stigma that has been attached to us for years. 

Could be awesome to have races carded for the elite dogs from nz only, and some from aus...but they have heats in aus and have to be resident in aus. If the prizemoney for these is pretty decent...then that puts our potential stud dogs up against the aussie best...without the so called 'dodgy or iffy dogs' that have come to nz from aus. 

I totally agree about Vickers too, if anyone wants to tap into some v potent Bale lines then you cant look past Gordon bale or Dyna vickers. 

Gary, you sound like ol mate Aaron the way you twist facts. For a start in both their second starts they races each other. DDO the victor by 2.54 lengths with DV actually running a 29.97 at the meadows in doing so. The night DV ran 30.04, a dog called Fernando bale won 29.70, then again later in the night DDO ran only 29.89 running 3rd in the group 1 silver chief behind above all and dyna villa. BUT the best confirmation that there is only a couple of lengths between them is Tom Daily personally telling me that just after the 3 started racing.

Also Gary1 please be sure to let me know when you have used Fernando bale over a bitch. Then I'll send you the links of many races in which his litter mates havnt chased. His sire, Kelso fusilier is supposedly renowned in America for throwing 'iffy' dogs.

And the late mail is straws for DDO will be drawn in the coming weeks. With Fernando's selling at 3300$ I'd pick supply an demand will mean they will be around the same price, $2500 if breeders are lucky.

Regards.

James

james it still doesnt answer the question why isnt dv back in aust

Regards.

Also Gary1 please be sure to let me know when you have used Fernando bale over a bitch. Then I'll send you the links of many races in which his litter mates havnt chased                                    James  have these litter mates been outed for non chasing

james it still doesnt answer the question why isnt dv back in aust

That my friend is a question I'm not in a position to answer as I am neither the owner nor the trainer of the dog. Might have something to do with loyalty from the owner and looking after the best interests of the dog...

dyna vikkers will possibly head back to ozzie a bit later to have a crack at a couple of those  600m group races.if he happened to win the waterloo cup he would not be going for the Melbourne cup as in my opinion its better to have a decent chance of winning nz cup than no chance of winning Melbourne cup.the only way that would change is if he started showing much better box speed.wot you reckon sheep?fair call?

Not sure the big punters who unloaded on the fixed odds today would agree that Dr Brm was 'chasing his ass off' , although as Mark Rosanowski said he didn't look to be chasing too hard at its last start so it was a brave/ stupid punter who unloaded on an iffy chaser today!!