RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mattmertz

biggest choker drive nz cup

this should make for interesting debate, the drive that cost the horse a nz cup win just opinions of course but there are many.To get started-vinnie knight on our maestro 2nd to luxury liner or lance justice on smoken up (twice)

I'm not too sure about the 'choker' tag, but Monkey King was certainly a different horse with Rick May on.

Another possibility (reluctantly, since he was always one of my favourite drivers) is Bob Cameron in the '74 cup on Young Quinn.  A rather impatient drive.

mike stormont-delightful lady underestimated hands down and p.n.jones

Perhaps, although it could also be argued it was just a really good drive by Jones.  After all, Delightful Lady never succeeded in beating Hands Down at Addington, and this race was the closest she ever got.

All 3 mentioned above are much the ones I remember. Master Musician.....Thought he was home before he got run down for 2nd.

Maybe driving has got better over the years......Cant remember too many unlucky recently