RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ethereal

Colours Renewal Fee Again- Fantastic !

NZTR just dropped another bit of gravel in my boot with this damned fee collected for doing nothing !

Only $80 but its charged every 5 years and for what ?

Fees for registering a horse, processing the mare return etc are fair enough but this fee is to tell them I still want to use my colours.

Will they be charging an address renewal fee  or a gender renewal fee to confirmed Ive not changed either of these either ?

Look people out there in Racecafeland....you just don't realise how diificult things are at HQ !!!

First ...you need to decide to either make your own sausage rolls or you have to go buy them somewhere .

If you make your own , then you need to get some pastry and stuff and sausage roll filling and stuff and that is a very difficult job .

Second....you need to get a pie warmer AND plug it in AND turn it on at the wall .

All these things cost money so you need a palace near Wellington and 10 million bucks of office newly built in Parnell.

Then you need to pay very many non-elected people six figure salaries and you need a comprehensive OSH plan in place in case of sausage roll malfunction .

With a thoroughbred industry in a decades long decline you then need to fleece all remaining participants for all their mullah .

Hence you charge folk for anything you can

I wouldn't mind if they allowed a bit more choice in colours.   Geez, Cubes just think what Mrs Cubes could run up on the old Bernina with a bit of left over zzzpard skin fabric or leather and studs.   

Look people out there in Racecafeland....you just don't realise how diificult things are at HQ !!!

First ...you need to decide to either make your own sausage rolls or you have to go buy them somewhere .

If you make your own , then you need to get some pastry and stuff and sausage roll filling and stuff and that is a very difficult job .

Second....you need to get a pie warmer AND plug it in AND turn it on at the wall .

All these things cost money so you need a palace near Wellington and 10 million bucks of office newly built in Parnell.

Then you need to pay very many non-elected people six figure salaries and you need a comprehensive OSH plan in place in case of sausage roll malfunction .

With a thoroughbred industry in a decades long decline you then need to fleece all remaining participants for all their mullah .

Hence you charge folk for anything you can

Just fed our mare and turned her out for the day.....breakfast, and a laugh...you funny bugger Cubes.

NZTR just dropped another bit of gravel in my boot with this damned fee collected for doing nothing !

Only $80 but its charged every 5 years and for what ?

Fees for registering a horse, processing the mare return etc are fair enough but this fee is to tell them I still want to use my colours.

Will they be charging an address renewal fee  or a gender renewal fee to confirmed Ive not changed either of these either ?

Gee Eth you are so lucky - the email I got from NZTR continually referred to mine as 'colour' not colours. So I am to assume that I can only register a set that has 1 single colour ( pretty bland ) but maybe as there are only a handful of colour known that is how many owners they expect to have in the next 5 years. 

Honestly who writes and proofreads this crap from HQ?

Mine was $155.00 explain that, if yours was $80.00 does it matter what "class" training license you have? if so, how ??? wow just as well all us trainers are rolling in it!!!   (I know what we are rolling in and it isn't money)

It's 155 for stable colours and 80 for individual owner colours, which begs the question of what exactly makes the renewal of one cost almost twice the amount of the other. Mind you,the renewal for commercial entity colours is 1500.

There will be costs in maintaining the database of colours. Just maintaining it would involve computer hardware, IT support staff and admin labour.

Then there is dealing with parties who wish to use it e.g. racing publications, websites etc. Whenever I involve someone new in racing I always emphasis to know the colours of the horse they have bet on to enhance the race experence, so the info has to be out there.

Is $80 to much, $16 per year. I don't know how much work would be involved for this specifically. How many people change address every 5 years, how many people transfer the colours into a new name due to deaths etc.

Being responsible for maintaining a register of 3000 people I can tell you that just the changes of contact details and chasing up gone no address persons sucks up a lot of time.

Guest 2Admin2

Foaming, on 16 Jun 2015 - 09:36 AM, said:

There will be costs in maintaining the database of colours. Just maintaining it would involve computer hardware, IT support staff and admin labour.

Then there is dealing with parties who wish to use it e.g. racing publications, websites etc. Whenever I involve someone new in racing I always emphasis to know the colours of the horse they have bet on to enhance the race experence, so the info has to be out there.

Is $80 to much, $16 per year. I don't know how much work would be involved for this specifically. How many people change address every 5 years, how many people transfer the colours into a new name due to deaths etc.

Being responsible for maintaining a register of 3000 people I can tell you that just the changes of contact details and chasing up gone no address persons sucks up a lot of time.

So using your numbers 3000 registered colours at say an average of $100 that equates to $300,000. Given there would be stuff all churn doesn't that seem a lot of dosh for a simple register? With respect to your last point about change of addresses - aren't most of the 3000 registered owners and trainers? They have to keep their addresses up to date so that wouldn't be an issue - I understand it costs more again to do that.

So using your numbers 3000 registered colours at say an average of $100 that equates to $300,000. Given there would be stuff all churn doesn't that seem a lot of dosh for a simple register? With respect to your last point about change of addresses - aren't most of the 3000 registered owners and trainers? They have to keep their addresses up to date so that wouldn't be an issue - I understand it costs more again to do that.

The 3000 I refer to is a register that I look after, I don't know how many colours are registered.

Before we took the maintenance of the register in house a third party used to charge us $15,000 per annum to maintain it on their computer system, process change of contact details and transfer of entitlements (most of these on death). So over 5 years that would be $125,000. The register does require a robust IT system as our reqister is a legal requirement.