RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rosemary telephone operator

The "Greatest Ever" plays his 50th Test this Saturday!

Moz....are you really THAT old?

Pat Walsh!...Davis!...Lineen!

Just seen this. Afraid so. Got run over by Ian MacRae :D when we both started playing senior rugger on West Coast so that gives you idea of age. 1st test I ever saw was 3rd test 1956 at Lancaster Park. The infamous Skinner test. Was only a youngster then though on uncles shoulders on enbankment. Why did we get rid of those. :confused:

Generally a good thread. Just shows that people dont have to abuse other people all the time.

So what you're saying is that Nonu is gay....and as for Marshall, he's a sheepshagger who dyes his hair so he's always been gay, and we know that gay's like to support 'gay' businesses....so this cafe must be a 'gay' cafe....and it's one that you frequent....so you must be homosexual as well Brad! ]

that old chestnut.

cummon Fritzl, you can do better than that.

Just seen this. Afraid so. Got run over by Ian MacRae :D when we both started playing senior rugger on West Coast so that gives you idea of age. 1st test I ever saw was 3rd test 1956 at Lancaster Park. The infamous Skinner test. Was only a youngster then though on uncles shoulders on enbankment. Why did we get rid of those. :confused:

Generally a good thread. Just shows that people dont have to abuse other people all the time.

These are impressive credentials Mozzie. You have clearly "walked the walk".

Bradez, there is another possibility...

We keep hearing tales about how sports stars are 'targeted' when they go out - if not by young females keen to add celebrity names to their 'score' list then by macho young males eager to showcase their 'toughness'...

Given that, wouldn't you - if you were two All Blacks wanting to have a quiet coffee - choose a venue where neither of those types were likely to congregate: a gay cafe!

And it worked, didn't it? I mean you didn't hit either of them!

:tongue:

Sorry CT as i understand you are presently incapacitated but as the comic book guy would say... "worst game ever". Has he been feeling the heat about not having a kicking game? Wo wo woeful

I agree Tim, it wasn't his best game, but the same could be said for Smith. Obviously not having Carter inside them upset the dynamics somewhat as Cruden clearly isn't up to this level just yet, and if he doesn't improve his basic kicking skills then he'll never be up to it!

I agree Tim, it wasn't his best game, but the same could be said for Smith. Obviously not having Carter inside them upset the dynamics somewhat as Cruden clearly isn't up to this level just yet, and if he doesn't improve his basic kicking skills then he'll never be up to it!

Smith got shown up by some new raw talent. My immediate reaction was that Slade was a good stabilising influence when he came on which was pretty impressive for a guy in his first test. But it was more the fact the forwards started dominating. It's a bit harsh on Cruden to say he's not up to it after one game. Nerves got the better of him - he'll settle down. His kicking game is usually superb but you could tell from the first kick off that was way too deep that he was nervous aas hell.

I'd have the Aussies equal favourites for next year though.

It's a bit harsh on Cruden to say he's not up to it after one game. Nerves got the better of him - he'll settle down. His kicking game is usually superb ......

Superb? Really???

Superb relative to whom Tim?

I think DC has a superb kicking game but there's no way that Cruden is in DC's class.

The fact is that Cruden doesn't have a fully developed kicking game. His short-kicking game is 1st class but he has NO long-kicking game, his dropouts are shocking, and they don't even have enough confidence to use him as a goalkicker!

My mail is that had Weepu got injured in the first few minutes then they would have used Dagg to kick the goals until Slade came on.

Superb kicking game indeed!!

Superb kicking game indeed!!

What i'm saying is your kicking game is the first thing to go when you're nervous and it stands out like dog's balls. Tactically, his kicking is right up there and he nails his kick offs and 22s when he's relaxed. Not a great goal kicker but i was leaving that out of my assessment as he's unlikely to ever be needed

What i'm saying is your kicking game is the first thing to go when you're nervous and it stands out like dog's balls. Tactically, his kicking is right up there and he nails his kick offs and 22s when he's relaxed. Not a great goal kicker but i was leaving that out of my assessment as he's unlikely to ever be needed

Everyone gets nervous Tim, but the fact that Cruden let his nerves get the better of him just shows how much he's not yet up to this level.

Face it! What actually happened is that the kid choked under the pressure. If, as you say (and I disagree), that he normally nails his kick offs and dropouts, then why couldn't he do that on Sat night? Lack of a big game temperment obviously!

As for him unlikely to ever be needed to kick goals, what a ridiculous statement. Take Sat nights team for example and apply this scenario. Weepu and Dagg both get injured early on, with Cowan and Ranger coming on as replacements. Who would have been left to kick the goals Tim?

Mils? Cory Jane? Ranger? Smith? Nonu?.....nope..it would have been left to Cruden...and once he started making a hash of it (as he would have), they would have been forced into replacing him for Slade.

Personally I think Cruden has slipped to be, at best, the 4th best 1st five behind DC, Slade and Delaney.

Everyone gets nervous Tim, but the fact that Cruden let his nerves get the better of him just shows how much he's not yet up to this level.

Face it! What actually happened is that the kid choked under the pressure. If, as you say (and I disagree), that he normally nails his kick offs and dropouts, then why couldn't he do that on Sat night? Lack of a big game temperment obviously!

As for him unlikely to ever be needed to kick goals, what a ridiculous statement. Take Sat nights team for example and apply this scenario. Weepu and Dagg both get injured early on, with Cowan and Ranger coming on as replacements. Who would have been left to kick the goals Tim?

Mils? Cory Jane? Ranger? Smith? Nonu?.....nope..it would have been left to Cruden...and once he started making a hash of it (as he would have), they would have been forced into replacing him for Slade.

Personally I think Cruden has slipped to be, at best, the 4th best 1st five behind DC, Slade and Delaney.

Actually Chris, assuming DC is injured, Slade starts ahead of Cruden for mine as like you, I think he's number two.

If Weepu gets injured, Slade plays the full 80 and does the kicking. If Weepu and Slade get injured, Dagg kicks.

So Cruden is only likely to kick if Weepu, Slade and Dagg all get injured in the same game which, as i said, is unlikely.

Our disagreement here was and still should be that you believe Cruden's basic kicking skills aren't up to it. Not that he's number two - i never claimed that. I believe his kicking was let down by nerves on the big occasion - clearly a sign he needs more big game experience.

Delany? LOL. He was very poor against Italy and the Barbarians last year and at 28 is not worth considering. At least Cruden has time in his side.

Do you feel compelled to share your opinion on every thread on this website?

The All Blacks forwards weren't getting the job done in the first 60 minutes, they changed their game plan when Cruden came off and took the ball up the guts. Slade had the advantage of a pack that was moving forward and keeping the ball in hand.

Apart from restarts I thought Aaron played reasonably well. He was heavily targeted by the Wallabies and his defense seemed sound. Give the kid some more game time and watch what he can do, he is the perfect ambassador of the All Blacks running rugby game plan. I feel the coaches have had him in the back of their minds since the new interpretations have come into play. Class is permanent mate.

Big game temperament? Can you possibly imagine the amount of pressure he would have been under? His name has been in the headlines everyday since it was announced that DC was injured. Then to come out and play in front of 70,000 aussie's, I thought it was an admirable effort.

As for the goal kicking, how do you know he isn't up to it? You are basing this on? He has been in the All Blacks squad since the start of the year where he would have been receiving some world class coaching and mentoring. He has publicly stated that he has changed his style and is improving. Not sure where you get your 'mail' from but I doubt it's correct. If Weepu is starting then why not let him kick goals? As we saw on Saturday he is World Class, and is a better kicker than Cruden, even Dan the Man had an off night in the Wellington SA test and Piri came to the rescue

Wait 12 months... believe me you will be eating humble pie.

The All Blacks forwards weren't getting the job done in the first 60 minutes, they changed their game plan when Cruden came off and took the ball up the guts. Slade had the advantage of a pack that was moving forward and keeping the ball in hand.

Apart from restarts I thought Aaron played reasonably well. He was heavily targeted by the Wallabies and his defense seemed sound. Give the kid some more game time and watch what he can do, he is the perfect ambassador of the All Blacks running rugby game plan. I feel the coaches have had him in the back of their minds since the new interpretations have come into play. Class is permanent mate.

Big game temperament? Can you possibly imagine the amount of pressure he would have been under? His name has been in the headlines everyday since it was announced that DC was injured. Then to come out and play in front of 70,000 aussie's, I thought it was an admirable effort.

As for the goal kicking, how do you know he isn't up to it? You are basing this on? He has been in the All Blacks squad since the start of the year where he would have been receiving some world class coaching and mentoring. He has publicly stated that he has changed his style and is improving. Not sure where you get your 'mail' from but I doubt it's correct. If Weepu is starting then why not let him kick goals? As we saw on Saturday he is World Class, and is a better kicker than Cruden, even Dan the Man had an off night in the Wellington SA test and Piri came to the rescue

Wait 12 months... believe me you will be eating humble pie.

Good points. I thought Cruden had quite a solid game as well. Weepu was taking 3 or 4 paces to deliver the ball on most occassions and add to that the AB forwards not being totally effective and you can see why his "time" was cut down. And when youre nervous theres nothing worse than taking restarts! They really illustrate pressure.

Give Cruden time and Im sure he will develop into a top fooballer. Christ we have all seen Stephen Donald have a lot worse games and yet STILL recieve support (and in some cases accolades!!Bloody hell!!) on this site!

YES.....AND IF THERE IS A RULE SAYING THAT I CAN'T THEN PLEASE POINT IT OUT, OTHERWISE, STICK IT UP YOUR AR$E.

As for the goal kicking, how do you know he isn't up to it?You are basing this on? OK, SO YOU ARE UNABLE TO LOOK AT A GUY KICKING A BALL AND TELL WHETHER HE'S A NATURAL OR NOT. THAT'S OK AS THAT IS NOT SOMETHING YOU CAN TEACH. YOU EITHER HAVE THE ABILITY TO SPOT TALENT OR YOU DON'T. YOU CLEARLY FALL INTO THE LATTER CATEGORY. AS FOR YOUR QUESTION, HOW MUCH TIME DID YOU SPEND THINKING ABOUT THAT? I'M BASING IT ON THE FACT THAT HE WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE KICKING DUTIES UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ON SAT NIGHT! HE'S A VERY ORDINARY GOALKICKER, AS IS S.DONALD.

He has been in the All Blacks squad since the start of the year where he would have been receiving some world class coaching and mentoring. He has publicly stated that he has changed his style and is improving. Not sure where you get your 'mail' from but I doubt it's correct. MY MAIL, AS ALWAYS, IS 100% CORRECT.

If Weepu is starting then why not let him kick goals? As we saw on Saturday he is World Class, and is a better kicker than Cruden,...THAT'S LIKE COMPARING YOU TO ME....TOTALLY UNFAIR...YOU'RE NOT IN MY LEAGUE!!

even Dan the Man had an off night in the Wellington SA test and Piri came to the rescue

Wait 12 months... believe me you will be eating humble pie. MATE, YOU'RE DREAMING!!

;)