RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rosemary telephone operator

The "Greatest Ever" plays his 50th Test this Saturday!

That's right my fellow Ma'arvellous Ma'a Nonu fans, the All Blacks 'Greatest Ever" 2nd five eighth plays his 50th Test against Aus this week and I can think of nowhere better than Christchurch for him to play it.

Why you may ask? Because that part of the country hasn't seen a decent 2nd five since the extremely efficient, but tradesman like, Warwick Taylor spun his wares for his province and his country in the mid '80's.

So it'll be an opportunity for all those young sheepshagging kids to get their unemployed parents to take them to the footy so they can ma'arvel at the ma'ajesty of Ma'a.

Strathmore 44's!!:cool: Peace out!

Ok ok...I'm getting the picture now...most of you have no idea so I'll help you out.

Here is my list of the 'Top Ten 2nd five's'......and it's from 1976 onwards.

1. Ma'a Nonu

2. Tana Umaga ( yes you clowns, Tana played Test Rugby in the 12 jersey as well as 13! )

3. Bill Osborne

4. John Schuster

5. Warwick Taylor

6. Steven Pokere

7. Walter Little

8. Daniel Carter

9. Joe Morgan

10. Geoff Alley

That list is FINAL and no debate will be entered into!

Ok ok...I'm getting the picture now...most of you have no idea so I'll help you out.

Here is my list of the 'Top Ten 2nd five's'......and it's from 1976 onwards.

1. Ma'a Nonu

2. Tana Umaga ( yes you clowns, Tana played Test Rugby in the 12 jersey as well as 13! )

3. Bill Osborne

4. John Schuster

5. Warwick Taylor

6. Steven Pokere

7. Walter Little

8. Daniel Carter

9. Joe Morgan

10. Geoff Alley

That list is FINAL and no debate will be entered into!

Or are we assessing players without taking into account their kicking game ??

For Ma'a (which is my left and which is my right) Nonu to be at number 1 we mustn't be requiring the #12 to have a kicking game...

Which is great because I think the #12 for the AB's at next years World Cup who actually plays his first ITM Cup game the same weekend Ma'a plays Test #50 hasn't got the greatest kicking game either

Or are we assessing players without taking into account their kicking game ??

For Ma'a (which is my left and which is my right) Nonu to be at number 1 we mustn't be requiring the #12 to have a kicking game...

Which is great because I think the #12 for the AB's at next years World Cup who actually plays his first ITM Cup game the same weekend Ma'a plays Test #50 hasn't got the greatest kicking game either

Nope...didn't forget A.Mauger jezza...he comes in at about number 40...just behind Andy Jeffard.

Nope...didn't forget A.Mauger jezza...he comes in at about number 40...just behind Andy Jeffard.

He had a great all round game and worked well with Umaga as a midfield pairing

Nonu does remind me of another very good Midfield player... that he plays very similar too as well (strong straight running, minimal passing and almost no kicking) and that is The Mighty Mal Meninga....

DC started his career at 2nd five you hockey homo!

Which is probably why in 2007 they only took 4 midfielders to the WC (Toeava/Smith/Mauger/McAllister) and used Mils as centre cover and also had DC as # 12 cover if he was required...

The 3 wise men must have Ma'a(scara) Nonu in their good books now....as he wasn't in them back then...

God its great reading your wisdom regarding midfield players...Ma'a and Meninga....what a league pairing they would have made

You left out Andy Jeffard and Lachie Cameron.

Lachie Cameron the tough tackling midfielder from Manawatu played his only Test at centre vs South Africa in 1981. This the flour bomb Test during which Manawatus Axle Knight took one for the boys and Manawatus Bullet Donaldson won the game by taking a quick tap, catching the Boks not back 10 and allowing that limp wristed Petone fullback to get within kicking distance for the match winner.

DC started his career at 2nd five you hockey homo!

that wasnt what I was desputing.

I was suggesting, weather he plays 10, or if he plays 12 he is head and shoulders above most of the 7 you listed above him.

work on your intelligence level overnight before you jump to conclusions.

gotta have an intelligence level to try working on it..Taylor and intelligence dont mix

AND Taylor you dickhead I own a business in ChCh and wouldnt go over the road to watch that **** game.

Roll on WC 2011 when all you tossers will be crying again

that wasnt what I was desputing.

I was suggesting, weather he plays 10, or if he plays 12 he is head and shoulders above most of the 7 you listed above him.

work on your intelligence level overnight before you jump to conclusions.

I won't have my intelligence levels criticised by someone who spells disputing, "desputing", and who also spells whether, "weather"! :rolleyes:

Don't you have spellcheck on your old pc there you battler!:D

He had a great all round game and worked well with Umaga as a midfield pairing

What a load of garbage.

If you knew Tana well enough to talk to him, like I do, then you'd know that Tana didn't rate Mauger.

He said that Maugers defensive frailties were covered up by Carter on his inside shoulder and Umaga on his outside shoulder.

He also was afraid to take the ball into the contact situations that you need a 2nd five to do.

In short, Mauger was an imposter.

gotta have an intelligence level to try working on it..Taylor and intelligence dont mix

AND Taylor you dickhead I own a business in ChCh and wouldnt go over the road to watch that **** game.

Roll on WC 2011 when all you tossers will be crying again

Thank you for spelling out why you hate Ma'a!

You're a Cantab....and we all know that ALL Cantabs are racists!

Enjoy the game on Sat night wph, as the 'Greatest Ever' racks up 50 Tests!;)

I won't have my intelligence levels criticised by someone who spells disputing, "desputing", and who also spells whether, "weather"! :rolleyes:

Don't you have spellcheck on your old pc there you battler!:D

haha,

witty reply champion. at least your mother would be proud.

as a side note... ive got a good grasp of the english language, ive left an apostrophe as well as some capitalization out of this sentence I know but I could probably type as fast as you read... so no I dont proof read, nor look at the keys or the keyboard when I type. In fact, I can be having a conversation with someone if they walk into my office while posting a message on racecafe.

Hope meals on wheels made you a treat tonight!!

Night Fritzl

Thank you for spelling out why you hate Ma'a!

You're a Cantab....and we all know that ALL Cantabs are racists!

Enjoy the game on Sat night wph, as the 'Greatest Ever' racks up 50 Tests!]

CT....i'm a PROUD Cantab,but I am certainly not racist against a rugby player.So you may want to think again.