RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GONSTA

NZ breeders (G1)

How embarrassing to only have 13 starters for a 26k G1 race...

I see the bookies still have the futures option open with Willis still in the market, a decent oppourtunity to back a few and make some $$...

I wonder if bookies will refund any bets placed on Willis? They did refund a 10k bet on opie in the jockey challenge not long ago!

Yankiwi...

I take it that your question is rhetorical.

All the best.

Ashoka

You can call my question what you'd like.

Has there been a change in policy?

Are G1 520m heats/finals treated differently than G1 755m heats/finals for final field selection?

Are the KPI figures less important for 520m races than 755m races?

When I'm traveling at 100kph down the road & I try to shift my car into reverse, I hear something much noisier than a squeaky gear in need of a drop of oil.

Yankiwi...

Your postings suggest that you keep a close eye on what goes on in the greyhound racing industry and sport.

The reason that I believe that your question is rhetorical is that you must know by now that those running the greyhound industry and sport do whatever they want to, regardless of the Rules, and that those involved in the greyhound industry and sport let them get away with whatever it is they do.

Regards.

Ashoka

Again Yankiwi , please get it right and do some research. If you got a copy of the on track magazine , read the conditions for this race. i quote " All nominated greyhounds are to receive a heat start " un qoute. I am not saying this is right , but those are the rules clearly set out. Tony

Again Yankiwi , please get it right and do some research. If you got a copy of the on track magazine , read the conditions for this race. i quote " All nominated greyhounds are to receive a heat start " un qoute. I am not saying this is right , but those are the rules clearly set out. Tony

Get what right? I've only asked some questions.

Were they the wrong questions? Geesh.

However cheers for pointing out the reason for the differences. It's why I asked the questions in the first place.

it's a ballroom...

The conditions for every race have to be approved by the NZGRA before they are published in the industry magazine.

Can you explain why the conditions for this race were approved when they contradict the instructions issued to all Clubs regarding the carding of less-than-optimum fields?

Yankiwi's question still stands.

All the best.

Ashoka

Hound Fan...

The NZGRA are bulk-funded by the NZRB.

All stakes are paid by the NZGRA.

The NZGRA decide such things as stake levels and race conditions.

The distinction that you have made does not exist.

All the best.

Ashoka

it's a ballroom...

Hound Fan is drawing a distinction that does not exist in order to explain the difference in the treatment of the two events in question.

HF is saying that the NZGRA fund one event and the NZRB fund the other.

That is not so, as NZGRA funds all events, so the explanation provided by Hound Fan is incorrect.

The NZGRA also have final say on all race conditions, so the question raised by Yankiwi still stands unanswered.

All the best.

Ashoka

Perhaps another example of rules not being followed correctly. A couple of points to be acknowledged here.

Just because you a guaranteed a heat start, it doesn't mean that the heat needs to be a TAB race

The people/persons that made the decision as to whether they could run less than 8 in each field in the breeders, I am lead to believe, were different to the people/person that made the decision in the staying race 

I personally believe in this case the correct decision was made for two tab heats, and the wrong decision was made in the staying race. - ie - there should have been two heats

Commonsense might suggest that  blanket policy that covers field sizes, is probably not appropriate when a group 1 heat is treated the same as a maiden race.