RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
MediaPA

Ray Knight Based At Novara Park In Cambridge

FOR THE majority of his career, the one thing Jakkalberry could never be accused of is lacking experience!

A horse that raced all over the world, from a three year old and for six consecutive seasons,  winning races in four separate countries, he became well used to the experience of travel, new climates, new stables and training facilities, and new jockeys.

He also became well experienced in the sensation of crossing the line in many of the world’s great staying events, with his competitors trailing behind him!

However, the impressively handsome son of the Machiavellian horse,  Storming Home, had a sideways shift in his career in 2014, and he rightfully took up his place at stud, given the opportunity to serve a first book in excess of seventy mares, including some first rate Premier mares, and producers of Group One winners.

Residing now at the spectacularly appointed Novara Park, on the outskirts of Cambridge, in the heart of New Zealand’s Thoroughbred Nursery, he has the good fortune to be under the care and management of one of the industry’s most experienced and knowledgeable stallion handlers, Ray Knight.

Ray’s own career has seen him at the helm of his own property, Ashwell Farm,  previously where he launched the careers of a number of stallions including Shinko King, Blues Traveller and Handsome Ransom.

A change of direction saw Ray seize the opportunity to seek warmer climates and manage The National Stud in Malaysia for two and a half years, putting systems in place to allow for successful breeding in a climate that is not conducive.

“I’ve been very fortunate over the years to have worked on some beautiful properties, and with some beautiful horses’ said Ray. “My travels have reinforced to me what a fabulous country New Zealand is to breed a horse!”

“To be one of the driving forces now behind the launch of the stallion career of Jakkalberry, from a property that is so well set up, is a fabulous thing to be a part of!”

“He is as good a physical specimen as I’ve seen. He fills the eye, and he’s a real horseman’s’ horse who is very difficult to fault.”

“Time has taught me the importance of a horse’s temperament. Having worked with Jakkalberry for a while now, I can completely understand why and how, as an entire, he was able to race for such a long time, how he handled the travel, the different environments and so on. Simply nothing fazes him! He just gets on with life in a beautiful laid back manner. That attitude is going to take him a long way!”

“It’s a feature of the extended family too from what we’ve seen. His dam has left three Group One winners to date, and his half sister looks like she’s another one out of the top drawer, with her second place in the Italian Oaks as recently as last weekend.”

“I very genuinely invite anybody with an interest, to give me a call, come down and see Jakkalberry, see the farm, and in a few months see his first crop of foals. Experience leaves me safe in the knowledge that they will be impressed!”