RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
clarkie

So sweet she is..........

And,,,, I feel so god dam lucky... I was there, at Kumeu , the day,  Peter Early called the Inaugural race of the Silver Collar when Sandy Shane won...... Ian Cole who trained him  was on track ....how god dam was that!!!! That is history at its best .. and  so sadly, the bigger majority of todays  Greyhound Racing Fraternity could not care a FUCK... Clarkie

So sweet she was alright. You had to see it to believe it. Looked like she deserved the mantle she came with.

Another sweetie on the  day was Lets Go Lettie. What a run while so far out of her grade. She was not far off  winning the Oaks . Huge effort.

Sorry GOM,  No, I mean  Greyhound racing is,  in general , In  my opinion  full on, non stop heading  for  what can only be, a collision of sorts!!. WE have no connection to the past and what has bought us all to this, we have to day"", Almost like it's out of control.?   Yes, I was on the committee when with memories of the very beginning  of  the Silver Collar Concept was instigated  for us, all to  enjoy and witness what we saw today..  Ian Cole and , Peter Early were just parts of the pieces that helped put together what today has been  hopefully the start of the greatest distance race in the Greyhound World.   .It could be!!!  :).. I meant to point out there are lots of issues we need to be aware of and Don't take things for granted...think about were we have come from ,,how ,and where we are heading to... Our dogs are to be loved  looked after and rehomed and this can be the only way for survival  long term...    

Hey Clarkie,

I seen fear bit of the trackside channel over the past couple of days watching the Jewels and dogs and have to say the only advertising I've seen on TV with anything to do with this Great Race was an ad after race 12 advertising the heats today ( races 10 and 11 !!!! go figure ) and for the final next week. 

A promoters dream, handled by people how couldn't give a rats about the industry

But what a sight it will be next Sunday with Shandell flying along in front and weather Sweet It Is can over come the travel and the amazing heat performance to over take Shandell to win this Great Race.

Please.....can we just get back on topic, you guys are rediculous....you go on about how the sport is in dire straits, have a look at the things on gdata about this....they talk about her pedigree, racing style, people who have similar bred bitches or litter sisters, or fans of mogambo etc, are all commenting. What do you guys do F all.

Pisses me off that we have one of the best bitches to ever grace our shore and the threads are taken over by Bullsh*t. Why am i not surprised.

Was in a sports bar sunday and got talking to a heap of people who remembered swift fantasy, everyone wanted to back against Sweet it is at that price and they all wanted my opinion. I praised her bigtime, it was awesome to see her go well, and everybody was watching that race and not the warriors at that time. 

Awesome to be a greyhound enthusiast at that time, and i cant wait to be at Manukau Sunday for the final.

So here is the thread so far, started off well...

the bigger majority of todays  Greyhound Racing Fraternity could not care a FUCK.

Negative......all my mates in this industry were amped for the race.

Showed us how awful nz dogs are compared to the aus dogs

Negative, wow great time to bag our industry........we have some quality dogs coming through using quality FS......

3 comments on putting your name after your thread......who the hell cares, say something positive.

I actually shit and piss thru the same holes as the best of you 

I laughed when i saw this Clarkie i really did, but come on mate

OK Kinetic (who ever you are), I am the very proud breeder/owner/trainer of Jetsun Flame who was a finalist in last years collar. As Flame is a daughter of Mogambo I have been following "Sweet It Is" for some time and was rapt to be able to see her in the flesh.

Flame currently has a litter by Magic Sprite but I have been working for some time to get Banjo Boy semen over here for her next litter. If you study breeding you may like the pedigree of the proposed litter.

http://www.greyhound-data.com/dbtestmating.php?&sireid=1913112&damid=1889557

Gordon wilson

Nice one Gordon, looks great. I think banjo boys brother viva vane was in nz? My internet is down so cant check but may pay to ask Cathy and steve about it cos he cud really run too, just a tad tardy from the boxes.

Yes Kinetic, Viva Vane is/was with Steve & Kathy. Had 60 starts for 13-7-6. Last started in Feb after 5 outs and downgrading to class 3. Was very fast but slow beginner and often did not have much luck. Much prefer to use semen from BB. Also, if you want to see just how compatible the mating is run a test mating for Vee Man Vane with Delta Belle to see how the bitch lines for these two match. As well as being behind Token Prince the dams also come down from Bayroad Queen. 

Was hugely impressed with Sweet It Is. Her conformation, size, attitude, and that performance was unbelievable. We watch dogs like her on TV but nothing is like seeing the dog on your own track, against the local dogs, showing just how good they are. I was very keen on the mating before but now can't wait.  

Gordon "Jetsun" Wilson.

Jetsun, Can see why you are so excited and good to see the older style "passion"  is still alive. A very  nice mating  you have selected but I am curious as to why Vee Man Vane himself  instead of the as yet unproven  sire and son Banjo Boy.? The  stud masters of Banjo have certainly approached his stud career with  calculated vigour and the are to be  commended on that..............................  Garrick :)  One thing I have picked up as I get into my twilight years is life and any force or thing to do with it does not appear to operate without a NEGATIVE force.  Sometimes you need some negative energy to  create a POSITIVE.. You have made some very positive posts  here on Racecafe but unfortunately some never got an answer....not one.!.. What you see and expect to be Positive might not connect with others at the time.. Now, through what you class as my negativity we have kicked started the very same topic you have tried so many times before to??. I like you,  love to tinker around with breeding and I am as positive and passionate about greyhound racing as the next... Now for a little exercise..  Can you bring up here a mating for me please  and post it??   Shall we call the dog Gully Runner.. who shall be by Vee Man Vane   x  Nelly Flaherty..    Gordy  get a load of this  match up!!  he's not far off starting, so you see sometimes negative old pricks can be way a head in thinking an positive too  lol

best regards   Clarkie...   P.S.  anyone doubting the negative charge bit. Take the negative lead of any vehicle  and try and start the bugger...:)

Here you go Clarkie, 

http://www.greyhound-data.com/dbtestmating.php?&sireid=1334249&damid=1864035

Yeh i dont get many answers sometimes, and yeh sometimes abit of banter is required to get people chatting.

Gotta love this Skullring line, i remember Craig had French invader a few years back who could run. 

You also gotta love this Zarbo line.......i was so keen to get an engine alley straw, couldve secured an Alpe d'huez too but niether were signed off for nz.....

Just quickly i think a great business case for the nzgra to put fwd is to relax the extra requirements for FS coming in from Aus. 

Garrick.

We would not have bred from viva vane , his attitude and nature were not the best , A lot of solve the puzzles I have had have been like this and I also find most are short coursers as was viva vane , so in our breeding we tend to stay away from his cross , just my choice.

Back to the thread , I would like to wish  sweet as it is all the best , we are lucky to have her here and won't see it again for a long time.......... shame about the marketing of her as it should have been the biggest draw card ever ,  if someone move there rear end.....Sad REALLY

Garrick.

We would not have bred from viva vane , his attitude and nature were not the best , A lot of solve the puzzles I have had have been like this and I also find most are short coursers as was viva vane , so in our breeding we tend to stay away from his cross , just my choice.

Yes i agree, i was just mentioning it for Gordon as he wanted to tap into Banjo boys bloodlines.......probably worth approaching the owners of Echelon or something Gordon and get some of his frozen over.

Back to the thread , I would like to wish  sweet as it is all the best , we are lucky to have her here and won't see it again for a long time.......... shame about the marketing of her as it should have been the biggest draw card ever ,  if someone move there rear end.....Sad REALLY

If this is the case then what a c*ck up......just shamefull.