RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Peter Jenkins

Winter Trans-Tasman Super Comp Results Thread

Well done Turbos! Just too many 2nds & 3rds today for me. Not helped by the track at Te Rapa being a Soft 9 instead of a dead 7 when I did my picks....

And how DID Moose pick that roughie in the last!!!!!  What a Gutbuster for the Chiefs.. :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

As PJ says, on to the Spring Ferdies! :)

Finals Week 4 Sat August 22

CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS

Meetings will be Ellerslie & Randwick

Grand Final 

HURRICANES vs BLUES 

John v Geoff

Ted v Howie

Hesi v Steve

Richard v Gruff

Cam v Moose (oh boy !)

PRESIDENTS FINALS

Grand Final 

BARBARIANS vs TURBOS 

Kay v Sarah/Jase

Mark v Phil

Steve P v Pete

Cubes v Viceroy

Mr Gee v RS Dude

Should be an interesting week.....

Just hoping I don't come up against John or Hesi next week. Don't really fancy my chances much against Cam or Richard, either. Ted's hit form at the right time too.

But the good news for the Blues ...I'm pretty confident I've got the rest of them covered.

This week we were happy to drop off the pace a la Whosyourmaster, and come with the same sort of barnstorming finish.

Next week I think it'll be simply bounce to the front, and lead them a merry chase. Blues home for all money. Yes ? 

Well done Turbos & Blues.  That's twice in a row Mercurial Mike has been good to me. Look out Cubes he is likely to get $2000 next week.  Thanks PJ. Spring racing is more our go anyway. Who is that Chris Pollock?? What part of Wellington is he from? 

Well done Blues - a performance to strike fear into any future opponent. B) 

See you next week!

Yes John, we Blues would like to claim major underdog status for the final.

With the Canes now odds on favourites, I hope there is no pressure on you guys for next weeks final at the home of the Blues :)

Is it true that the grand final is decided by overall aggregate of the previous matches between respective finalists? By my count then being 9-1 up we cant lose..... ;)

hehe..Richard..you have a point, though another way to look at it is ...

you 'Canes trounced us in Round-Robin, ...BUT ...the Minor Premiership Title went to .... 

Robert and Maria were outstanding for the Chiefs yesterday,... BUT ...

I'm sure you can fill in the gaps.  :)

Even when all seems lost, some teams just know how to get up and win. The Sir Slicks of the Super Comps. Dems da MIGHTY BLUES.  

Looking forward to hosting you guys up in the big smoke next week.

Have we got the Visitors' draw for you guys !  :D

A massive congrats to the Wellington Hurricanes for their Grand Final victory over the Auckland Blues in that minefield that is the Winter Super Comp. The win of Just Got Home seemed to be the turning point in the match and appropriately described the Hurricanes overall performance as each encounter with the Blues represented a succession of diminishing returns. Despite the home track advantage the Blues never quite got it together with some showing strain under the pressure. I am sure they will be keener than ever to reverse the result in the Spring comp. Huge effort from Cam to crown his best ever Comp with Man of the Match in the GF while Blues MVP Geoff was one Auk at least who could hold his head high.

A huge thank you to Hesi for an entertaining Grand Final commentary and updates. Also the very same to Maria for her colorful scoring commentary for the President's Final. I am very much in both your debt. 

In a relatively low-scoring affair the Turbos and Barbarians who were the top seeds in this grade going into the Finals fought it out with the Manawatu side coming out victorious led by Man of the Match Phil. The Barbarians, for whom Mark was MVP, had an off day at an inconvenient time but will continue to prove tricky opponents in the Spring Comp. 

GRAND FINAL

Pheew!!!

Right idea Steve, wrong outsider

Everyone strike's out in the last

A VICTORY to the Canes 3-2

Well done if I may so myself  :)

MVP for the Blues to skip Geoff, well done, beat arch rival John

Player of the match, who else but Sir Cam, awesome picking

2 BLUES 654.80

3 CANES 1130.60

Geoff 291.40

John 236.00

Howie 163.00

Ted 64.00

Gruff 00.00

Richard 134.00

Moose 200.40

Cam 580.60

Steve 00.00

Hesi 115.00

Final Results for the President’s Final

~*~*~*~ Congratulations to the Turbos ~*~*~*~

1st:   8 : Decision Time $34.30

Quinella:   With 6 Boss Lane $66.60

Sub:  6

Scr:   1

2  : $351.00  Barbarians

3  : $699.40  Turbos

No-one was on the Clarry Connors winner Decision Time – a real outsider to finish over the top for the win if ever there was one but not to be – so no change to results.  3-2 to the Turbos.

It’s been a close match to the last and Player of the Match honours go to Phil with six winners over the day.  Well done both teams and all the best for the Spring Comp.

$won / name

76.00  Kay 

30.00  Sarah/Jase 

106.00  Mark 

324.00  Phil 

88.00  Sasha 

125.40  Pete 

81.00  Cubes 

30.00  Viceroy 

00.00  Mr Gee 

190.00  RS Dude 

A HUGE THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE FOR PLAYING ! SEE YOU LATER IN THE WEEK