RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Peter Jenkins

Winter Trans-Tasman Super Comp Results Thread

Gee Mr Gee....you are 1 helluva nice guy .

Cubster has never been Captain of anything , anytime , anywhere before so we are a bit new to all this responsibility

Cubes feels like a heal for picking poorly for you .

Was kinda constrained by not duplicating the Cubsters picks and missing that first race .

Cubes' oldest , Dodecahedron , had a rugga game out in the country so the Cubinator was a bit slow out of the gates with picks for you .

Funnily enough , the Cubemeister got two and only two white hot tips (Speedy Jax and Super Trooper) and they both could not get the job done .

Finals Week 3 Sat August 15

CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS

Meetings will be Te Rapa & Caulfield plus 1 from Rosheill

Preliminary Final (losers are eliminated)

BLUES vs CHIEFS 

Gruff v Forrest

Steve v Maria

Howie v Richie

Geoff v Robert 

Moose v Jack 

PRESIDENTS FINALS

TURBOS vs FERDIES

Pete v Bryan

Sarah/Jase v PJ

Phil v Heather

RS Dude v Lloyd

Viceroy v Maurice 

Stags and Crusaders have been eliminated (see you in 2 weeks)

Hurricanes and Barbarians have a bye before their Grand Final Showdown

well  i be  on the  ball  next time  but   just remind me on the    friday  

i feel another   championship win 4 the babas if if its pres  finial  more  silver wear 

Well done Robert and congratulations to the Chiefs. Apologies fellow 'Saders on the crucial miss under the high ball.

Thanks once again to Peter, you selfless organisation is appreciated by all. I will be unavaiable for the next competition due to a trip to the RWC.

thanks

tony

ChiefvCrusaders.jpg?width=567&height=260

Our commiserations to The Crusaders , worthy adversaries  and unlucky in the last ... All the best for the future and we`ll see you all again in the  Spring Comp...

... Great work Chieftains, thank`s to Robert and his selections in the last to see us through to the semi-finals  ....We have another hurdle next week to get over ,So take it easy and enjoy the week!!

A hearty "well done" to John and his Hurricanes boys today, top job by you guys and a very, very, comfortable victory. I'm sure you haven't started your run too soon, and that there's plenty of gas still left in the tank ! Tell me there's gas left in the tank ! :) Surely. hehe. Phew ...I wouldn't want to be playing Cam in the Grand Final ...he's been known to come back with a vengeance ! When we get that far we'll leave that one to Geoff ! :D who never quite recovered from being 'Best-Betted' by Pheasant in the opening race, but who nevertheless made a great fist of fighting his way back.

For us still Mighty and Always Mighty Blues we'll take our lead hereon in from the mercurial 'Our Gazza' who had no problem stepping up from a feather duster back to a peacock within the space of one week, with his 1101 formline. That'll be us, back in business bigtime in a fortnight. 

But today it's all about a grand success by the Hurricanes, whose only gloom on the horizon is the dreaded 'bye' that has brought many a high-flying team unstuck in the past. Still, you know best John ! :D

Well done those participants who got this far and departed this week. 

See you back in the Spring !

Thanks PJ.

Thanks Tony and Chiefmates, I did not know until earlier on today when I logged in, that we had made the next round, after not seeing any races yesterday.

It is a very interesting competition, and wonderfully run by Peter. All competitors can take great credit for their knowledge ( or in my case a bit of luck ) in selecting plenty winners week in week out, and the terrific spirit in which the competition is played.

Cheers.

Robert

SSShhhhh.....Sharyn.. we're trying to sneak up unnoticed and come down the outside rail like Mufasa and Sam Spratt in the Telegraph!! Hope we've found the best part of the track for the final furlong! :)

One difference Lloyd - Mufasa was racing in Group 1 company  :P

(just doing my bit to spice up the Canes vs Ferdies clash in the Spring Comp)

Race 1 - Te Rapa R1

1st - 6 Little Alfie Brown W-$11.40 

2nd - 1 Pump Up The Volume Q-$32.80

scr: 9

CHAMPIONSHIPS FINALS

0 BLUES 0.00 

1 CHIEFS 179.60

The Blues all miss as Robert bags a sweet quinella to hand the early advantage to the Waikato.

0.00 Gruff

0.00 Forrest

0.00 Steve

0.00 Maria

0.00 Howie

0.00 Richie

0.00 Geoff

179.60 Robert 

0.00 Moose

0.00 Jack 

PRESIDENTS FINALS

0 TURBOS

0 FERDIES

3 on each team had the runner-up but no one spotted the Cambridge 11yo !

0.00 Pete

0.00 Bryan

0.00 Sarah/Jase

0.00 PJ

0.00 Phil

0.00 Heather

0.00 RS Dude

0.00 Lloyd

0.00 Viceroy

0.00 Maurice 

Race 2 - Te Rapa R2

1st - 3 Colonel Carrera W-$5.20 

2nd - 9 Flyinby Q-$16.00

scr: nil

CHAMPIONSHIPS FINALS

0 BLUES 0.00 

1 CHIEFS 179.60

Moose had the runner-up but no one else got that close. No change. The Blues have a big push on Sarabi in the next while Mr Kanton & Sophisticate will help their cause. The Chiefs are looking to Maranui and I'll'ava'alf

0.00 Gruff

0.00 Forrest

0.00 Steve

0.00 Maria

0.00 Howie

0.00 Richie

0.00 Geoff

179.60 Robert 

0.00 Moose

0.00 Jack 

PRESIDENTS FINALS

1 TURBOS 52.00

1 FERDIES 52.00

1 on each team - The Dude for the windy ones and PJ for the 'Naki - find the Innes winner so all square. In the next the Ferdies have gone hard on the 3 faves - Sarabi, Gentil Tonton & Mr Kanton while the Turbos seek an upset with I'll'ava'alf, Jochen Rindt, Sophisticate & Running Scared.

220.00 Pete

0.00 Bryan

110.00 Sarah/Jase

52.00 PJ

0.00 Phil

0.00 Heather

52.00 RS Dude

0.00 Lloyd

0.00 Viceroy

0.00 Maurice 

Race 3 - Te Rapa R4

1st - 3 Colonel Carrera W-$5.20 

2nd - 9 Flyinby Q-$16.00

scr: 4

CHAMPIONSHIPS FINALS

0 BLUES 0.00 

1 CHIEFS 179.60

Proving a tough day for many with just one winner from 60 selections in this match this far. The Blues could have seized the lead with Mr Kanton but the Spratt speedster proved too strong. In the next there is a big push by The Chiefs for Eksuude and Doucette while Cool Hand Duke will help their cause also. The Blues are looking to Private Hero, Jem Runner, Nathalie Falmet, Ice Cool and Zed Case to make some headway.

0.00 Gruff

0.00 Forrest

0.00 Steve

0.00 Maria

0.00 Howie

0.00 Richie

0.00 Geoff

179.60 Robert 

0.00 Moose

0.00 Jack 

PRESIDENTS FINALS

3 TURBOS 382.00

0 FERDIES 52.00

The Taranaki gate got blown completely over in a big gust as The McCooks breezed past PJ and Pete bagged a beaut BB to give Bryan a headache. Now 3-0 up the Turbos are looking to roughies Bill Breaker, Silver Minx and Highly Likely while the 'Naki are cheering for Eksuude, Private Hero and Cool Hand Duke.

0.00 Pete

0.00 Bryan

0.00 Sarah/Jase

52.00 PJ

0.00 Phil

0.00 Heather

52.00 RS Dude

0.00 Lloyd

0.00 Viceroy

0.00 Maurice 

Race 4 - Te Rapa R5

1st - 1 Eksuude W-$5.70 

2nd - 8 Cool Hand Duke Q-$20.20

scr: 15-20

CHAMPIONSHIPS FINALS

0 BLUES 0.00 

3 CHIEFS 391.00

The Blues appear to be stuck in heavy traffic on the Bombay hills as they come up empty for the 4th straight race as Robert bags another nice quinella as Geoff grits his teeth while Maria and Jack are also underway to give the Waikato a healthy lead. In the next there is a big push by Blues for Spin Doctor, while Soriano, Pondarosa Miss, The Filly and Tomorrowland will all help their cause. The Chiefs favour Kawi and Ryan Mark in a big way while Barbaric won't do them any harm either.

0.00 Gruff

0.00 Forrest

0.00 Steve

57.00 Maria

0.00 Howie

0.00 Richie

0.00 Geoff

277.00 Robert 

0.00 Moose

57.00 Jack

PRESIDENTS FINALS

3 TURBOS 650.40

2 FERDIES 417.80

Phil (with a quinella), The McCooks (with a BB) and The Dude all score for the Manawatu but The Taranaki team fight back with Lloyd (also with a BB), Heather and Maurice who bagged a beaut BB quinella all on target. The Turbos can increase their lead with Soriano, Ryan Mark, Kawi or Second Time Lucky while Spin Doctor and The Filly will do them no harm. The Ferdies need Whoseyourmaster, Pondarosa Miss or Oceania to get ahead. I feel a double figure winner coming out of this race ......

220.00 Pete

0.00 Bryan

224.00 Sarah/Jase

52.00 PJ

97.40 Phil

57.00 Heather

109.00 RS Dude

114.00 Lloyd

0.00 Viceroy

194.80 Maurice 

Race 5 - Te Rapa R7

1st - 3 Addictive Habit W-$15.20 

2nd - 7 Tomorrowland Q-$112.10

scr: 12,15,17

CHAMPIONSHIPS FINALS

0 BLUES 0.00 

3 CHIEFS 695.00

The Blues are the first team I can recall who have failed to post a single $ in the NZ leg of a Super Comp as they all miss the first two home in the Foxbridge while Chieftainess Maria added to her personal tally with a beaut best bet. Off to Melbourne where the Blues need Gold Symphony while the Chiefs look for Darley runner Demonstrate.

0.00 Gruff

0.00 Forrest

0.00 Steve

361.00 Maria

0.00 Howie

0.00 Richie

0.00 Geoff

277.00 Robert 

0.00 Moose

57.00 Jack

PRESIDENTS FINALS

3 TURBOS 650.40

2 FERDIES 417.80

Kawi would have put the Turbos further ahead but everyone missed the Spratt special so still a close match. The Turbos can increase their lead with Stoker or Braccenby while Demonstrate and Top Me Up are some help to them. The Ferdies can take control with Gold Symphony while Ragazzo del Corso can help their cause also. 

220.00 Pete

0.00 Bryan

224.00 Sarah/Jase

52.00 PJ

97.40 Phil

57.00 Heather

109.00 RS Dude

114.00 Lloyd

0.00 Viceroy

194.80 Maurice 

Race 6 - Caulfield R5

1st - 7 Gold Symphony W-$6.50 

2nd - 5 Top Me Up Q-$17.60

scr: 9

CHAMPIONSHIPS FINALS

0 BLUES 130.00 

3 CHIEFS 760.00

The Blues are off the mark with bros Geoff and Howie on the Boss bolter who was also found by the latter's opponent Richie. 

0.00 Gruff

0.00 Forrest

0.00 Steve

361.00 Maria

65.00 Howie

65.00 Richie

65.00 Geoff

277.00 Robert 

0.00 Moose

57.00 Jack

PRESIDENTS FINALS

2 TURBOS 650.40

3 FERDIES 612.80

The Turbos all miss for the second straight race as Heather, Bryan and Maurice advance the Ferdies cause and with Heather passing Phil the 'Naki side are in front for the first time today. 

220.00 Pete

65.00 Bryan

224.00 Sarah/Jase

52.00 PJ

97.40 Phil

122.00 Heather

109.00 RS Dude

114.00 Lloyd

0.00 Viceroy

259.80 Maurice 

Race 7 - Rosehill R5

1st - 4 Japonisme W-$4.50 

2nd - 7 Kings Troop Q-$17.00

scr: nil

CHAMPIONSHIPS FINALS

0 BLUES 130.00 

3 CHIEFS 760.00

Kings Troop (went a great race) could have pulled one back for the Blues but everyone missed the in-form Ingham winner so no change. Time running out North of Bombay.... 

0.00 Gruff

0.00 Forrest

0.00 Steve

361.00 Maria

65.00 Howie

65.00 Richie

65.00 Geoff

277.00 Robert 

0.00 Moose

57.00 Jack

PRESIDENTS FINALS

3 TURBOS 774.40

2 FERDIES 702.80

Phil (with a quinella) and Pete collect for the Turbos with Bryan and Heather doing likewise for the Ferdies. Phil's quinella takes him back ahead of Heather and allows the Team Turbo to regain the lead. 

265.00 Pete

110.00 Bryan

224.00 Sarah/Jase

52.00 PJ

176.40 Phil

167.00 Heather

109.00 RS Dude

114.00 Lloyd

0.00 Viceroy

259.80 Maurice