RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
crustyngrizzly

Under 20 World Cup

The lack of atmosphere around NZ for this tourney would suggest that a lot of games will be played at mostly empty stadiums apart from the NZ games and the business end of the event.

NZ is a one game nation and as we all know it's rugger.

How apathetic are we kiwi's.

I'm a Rugby Union man from head to toe, but early on I purchased my tickets for a couple of games down at the Cake Tin.

I even know two off the teams I'll be watching - Argentina and New Zealand, who both play some other country on the same bill.

If any of those Argentinian supporters turn up I reckon it'll be a bit of a buzz. 

How many games have you got tickets for Crusty?

I'm a Rugby Union man from head to toe, but early on I purchased my tickets for a couple of games down at the Cake Tin.

I even know two off the teams I'll be watching - Argentina and New Zealand, who both play some other country on the same bill.

If any of those Argentinian supporters turn up I reckon it'll be a bit of a buzz. 

How many games have you got tickets for Crusty?

I have to confess that i have none.

When you are unemployed/able it pays to prioritise your money and as such football misses out.Thats not to say i don't like the game infact i enjoy the top stuff

My three sons all played at provincial age group level but i felt that a lot of selections were based on who you knew not skill level.and most of the teams seemed to be coached by disgruntled foreigners.

Has to rate as a big mistake to hold the tournament in NZ in winter.

The miserable weather will limit the attractiveness of the football played plus paying to watch a bunch of no-names (for most Kiwis anyway) and you can see why there will be a large dose of apathy from the NZ public.

Over 300k attended the Under 20 Football  tournament not bad for so called apathy from the NZ public. The Rugby Under 20 World Cup was held in NZ in 2014 in front of miniscule crowds and on shit heap fields.

There were many no names in this Rugby tournament, in fact it was so slack I do not recall who won it.

I also note that this year's Rugby Under 20 World Cup was again watched by very small crowds in Italy where most people have not heard of Rugby. The TV audience had to suffer from the biggest rugby head of  them all Willie Loose Brain.

I enjoy watching Rugby in particular Grass Roots Rugby and the All Blacks. However, Football is my passion and I get pissed off with broken down rugby heads rubbishing Football. We had a World aged group tournament for Football which out outperformed by a country mile the Rugby version, also held in NZ  and the rugby heads ridicule it.

Rugby needs to take a close look at itself as playing numbers are shrinking. There are clubs that are disappearing and Colleges that cannot make up a Rugby team..

One of many examples is Paekakariki the former club of Christian Cullen and Cowboy Shaw. It has folded and the facilities have been taken over by Football who have many teams.

Why come on to a Football post and have a whinge about Union?

That seems to be the MO of many a football fan - instead of backing football, they take a swipe at another sport.

Shoulder chip?