RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
DWJR

2015 Preakness TV Coverage

In my opinion the best way to watch tomorrow mornings Preakness is on ESPN. If you do not have Sky Sports you can watch it on Trackside, but good luck with that. Coverage is advertised on the Sky web site to start at 6.30am, the race itself is at 8.30am with coverage ending at 10.30am. All times are NZ times. I watched alot of the Kentucky Derby coverage and it was great. I liked the pre race interviews and especially the post race interviews. I watched around two hours of the the Derby coverage before I got a wee bit sick of it all, however I was very impressed with how the race was turned into an event.

In my opinion the best way to watch tomorrow mornings Preakness is on ESPN. If you do not have Sky Sports you can watch it on Trackside, but good luck with that. Coverage is advertised on the Sky web site to start at 6.30am, the race itself is at 8.30am with coverage ending at 10.30am. All times are NZ times. I watched alot of the Kentucky Derby coverage and it was great. I liked the pre race interviews and especially the post race interviews. I watched around two hours of the the Derby coverage before I got a wee bit sick of it all, however I was very impressed with how the race was turned into an event.

Just a small change there DWJR, the race itself is at 10:18, not sure how long the coverage goes on for but should be longer than 10:30 considering the Preakness Start Time.

It is all going well so far..great infield party  only 8 horses

how silly of me to watch trackside last time when the Derby was shown

that coverage with dynamo Dean Lester at the helm was just so exciting

Guest 2Admin2

<p>Wow that was impressive! The only downside I watched it on TAB Trackside......geez who is the Trackside commentator!</p>

Another fantastic performance from American Pharoah. Led and won very easily. Bring on The Belmont! It's going to be a hard wait, let's hope it's worth it when we get there in three weeks.

Thanks for that link....what an awesome performance. First 800 in 46s...final time 1:58 on a sloppy dirt track. Is that something else or what?!!

As always, the Belmont presents it's challenge of another 400m and while he looked invincible today, history says that he has the job in front of him. I think he is capable of it - can't wait to see it all unfold! :)

Guest 2Admin2

This boy is a nice horse. Very relaxed in his preliminary, high cruising speed, can run good sections, can come back under the jockey when asked and an economical stride. Seems to handle any conditions thrown at him. Did it hard to win the first leg and murdered them in the second. Good luck.

Guest 2Admin2

There is a reason there hasn't been a Triple Crown winner since Affirmed.

The winners of the Belmont are usually just targeted for it.

True but this horse has upside - in my opinion he improved on his derby win which he did tough. Then runs time under trying conditions and finishes with ears pricked.

Re the commentators or 'Track Announcers' as the Americans like to refer to them.

Starting with the Kentucky derby (as the commentators were brought up in that thread too).

The coverage we saw on ESPN here was sourced from NBC in the USA. Their commentator for TV, for all the Triple Crown races, is Larry Collmus.

Larry was also the on-track and inter-track race caller last season for the derby but left after just one year in that role to take up a commentating position in the New York area.

Taking over the on-course calling for the 2015 derby was Travis Stone. I think he was the caller people who watched trackside coverage would have heard.

For the Preakness ....  Again, Larry Collmus did it for NBC / ESPN.

The on-course commentator at Plimlico I believe is Dave Rodman.