RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
system

Track Safety

Forbury abandoned due to state of the track. Good work thinking of the dogs safety! Forbury always tends to turn to slush with rain. But why wait till people had to witness a dog in terrible distress before pulling the pin? And the trainers walked the track after a qualifying trial. There must of been concerns early on because you don't see or hear of that every day. Were the trainers happy with the state of the track?

What are peoples thoughts on where to draw the line with track safety? If the machinery cant be used to fix the holes in the track then how is it safe for dogs or people to walk on maybe?

Quite simply it was far to late to pull the pin. Stipes, Trainers, Club, all at fault in my opinion. It was patently obvious the track was dangerous. Anybody with experaince racing at Forbury knows rain on the day is a receipe for disaster. Dogs hit the bottom which causes dogs nails to be ripped to pieces, not to mention more serious injuries. Have vowed to myself in cases such as this that i would refuse to race no matter what the consequences. I see there was only one late scratching out of the first.

Yes, unfortunately we don't seem to have any true 'all weather' tracks here in NZ, when we get a lot of rain there always seem to be problems.

Forbury has never been able to handle the rain, turns to porridge, a shame as I feel it's a great track when it is right.

You see the likes of Sandown, The Meadows, Wentworth Park, they can ( and have lately) had huge amounts of rain during the meeting and they continue on as good as gold with no real significant difference in the times, and the track can still be groomed.

Not sure what the solution is too be honest but with winter upon us if the tracks cannot handle any significant rain then they might as well close down till the summer.