RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Johnevans

Invercargill trots this week

it wouldn't be too bad if they didn't attract the same penalty as winning a 20k race - and of course u can win a 20k race and not get a penalty-hard to figure.

Spot on Tim, the owners of whatever horse who wins this race, while being happy to get the win, will struggle as a c2 for its next 10 starts and most likely do what my name is until the downgrade.

These races are great for the struggling 1win trotters whose owners turn up week in week out and can finally have a decent chance of being in the winners circle.

Surely they could come up with a penalty free system for this type of race??

Dragon Lady is not an open class trotter in the real sense. She would've gotten to open class winning these type of races as a claimer. There obviously weren't enough maiden trotters to run a race of their own so I don't see anything wrong with the set up of that race. At least it's worth $6,500 and comparable to the pacing races stakes wise. But the good old south like Texas has it's own rules.

I actually like their innovation with having a two tier system like $6,000 and $9,000 races for C0 and C1 pacers and they've done similar here although way too low with a C1 trot for $5,000 and a C1 to C3 trot for $7,000.

I see they start at 10.50am on a Saturday which may be why the crap stakes but I reckon the Racing Board should demand a compulsory minimum stake if a club wants to race on Saturdays.