RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
biff

Suspicious behaviour.

Very, as on Saturday as per every race day for the past 6 months, log into my iphone NSW/VIC Tab app to watch and bet across the ditch, however, imagine my surprise when told, ''no stream available''......oh, thank you, no prior warning, just the follow up tweet as was expected.......overseas streaming now not allowed.......but with no suitable explanation as to who, why and how.....what?..........accept my bets, but you can't watch, oh, and cant listen either...but bet up mug.

Is this collusion with NZ TAB to stop the 'leakage'? It certainly stopped my leakage......every thing now goes through the corps......but it appears the whinging has hit a sympathetic ear in good old Oz......Big Brother at work or what?

Maybe there should be a tech help thread pinned, where details can be posted with various information to find work arounds to deal with these problems. My immediate reaction is to use a VPN, vitual private network, but I have not gone through the process yet to actually have working experience of this, but they are common, but will require some level of subscription fee. Anyway, just my 1st quick google, and maybe this one will be sufficient without paying for the total VPN package, you probably just require the IP address spoofing. https://youtu.be/jnFEdmqbXtw

And in the comments: "It depends on which subscription length. I'd strongly recommend trying a short subscription first to check speeds for you. The monthly subscription is $9.95 here http://goo.gl/UnJdPw, but make sure you cancel after one month as it is recurring - don't like how they changed this. But you can get cheaper by buying 3, 6 or 12 month subscriptions. This is for the full VPN/Smart DNS product , however if you just want to watch specific Australian channels it might be worth asking about the Smart DNS service (which is only $4.95 monthly) - this doesn't encrypt or provide security just bypasses the country"

Another option could be Tor, free but will require some tech manipulation, although it could make everything slow down too much to be viable to watch video content, but it is secure and encrypted, so the government cannot see what you are looking at.

https://youtu.be/5iLCgRHp_2k

Thanks very much STS, however I've had a lot of experience with proxy servers during the past 10 years, they enabled me to watch sport that Foxtel in Oz didn't cover, especially the All Black tests that Setanta covered.......now I'll enlighten you to the dangers of the VPN.......Key stroke logging is prevalent with them, they have your cc details, can take and sell on your identity etc......they are dangerous and I speak from previous. They especially target clients looking for online gambling outlets, once they have your ISP you are gone, cooked, Kaput.......IMO of course, and please feel free to disregard the above to suit.

Guest 2Admin2

There are ways around most things. Racecafe doesn't encourage breaking laws but we do approve of Orcons approach. The internet was built by people who wanted information freedom. We support that.

No surmising here but some websites haven't upgraded to be mobile phone friendly yet.

Have you double checked it's not because of that?

Wonder when supermarkets will stop importing overseas foodstuffs & products as that's not good for our local agricultural & manufacturing industries either as all the profits go overseas...

Just a wee comparison.

Then there's all the carbon miles.

Some people have very short memories but the realty is it's all comparable, isn't it?

Haven't had a problem for the past 6 months, today they tweeted us ''sorry you have been receiving our streaming service by technical error,'' service is now unattainable, hello? hello? you want my business and yet offer me this? I might not be a 'Whale' however I bet sizeable amounts, so it's to their detriment that I'm now unable to conduct my wagering as per my previous arrangements. To us it's a furphy, a cook up, it reeks of Tabcorp being instructed to stop leakage by whom?.........deter/defer.......disappoint? in this case it's disappear!

Thanks very much STS, however I've had a lot of experience with proxy servers during the past 10 years, they enabled me to watch sport that Foxtel in Oz didn't cover, especially the All Black tests that Setanta covered.......now I'll enlighten you to the dangers of the VPN.......Key stroke logging is prevalent with them, they have your cc details, can take and sell on your identity etc......they are dangerous and I speak from previous. They especially target clients looking for online gambling outlets, once they have your ISP you are gone, cooked, Kaput.......IMO of course, and please feel free to disregard the above to suit.

I've been watching and betting on US racing for years (and buying music, jeans etc.) using similar technology without a problem. The thing is that if this is a strategy initiated by NZRB, it just accentuates the fallacious thinking that they seem to survive on. Even if they use these strategies to prevent NZ residents betting on overseas racing via such means, it is unlikely those punters will then start betting with the NZTAB because they can no longer bet with their chosen overseas provider. They've already elected not to bet with NZTAB. Shutting down alternatives is unlikely to tempt them back. So, if there is really a $50m a year "leakage" spend and you somehow can completely shut that down, there is no guarantee that a single $ of that will return to NZTAB. That would require them offering a product attractive enough to those punters that have chosen not to previously bet with them surely?

Very, as on Saturday as per every race day for the past 6 months, log into my iphone NSW/VIC Tab app to watch and bet across the ditch, however, imagine my surprise when told, ''no stream available''......oh, thank you, no prior warning, just the follow up tweet as was expected.......overseas streaming now not allowed.......but with no suitable explanation as to who, why and how.....what?..........accept my bets, but you can't watch, oh, and cant listen either...but bet up mug.

Is this collusion with NZ TAB to stop the 'leakage'? It certainly stopped my leakage......every thing now goes through the corps......but it appears the whinging has hit a sympathetic ear in good old Oz......Big Brother at work or what?

So.... You can still bet in Aus....but you cannot watch? Is that what you are saying?

All my Aus accounts are up and running.....No problem.

So.... You can still bet in Aus....but you cannot watch? Is that what you are saying?

All my Aus accounts are up and running.....No problem.

Yes Porty, they want me to bet up, my acc is ok, but sorry we aren't going to let you watch.....I was in Peru last year on business, no probs watching, tech prob they say, they couldn't run a raffle Porty, so great partner for the no hopers at the TAB here, they can learn from each other.

Porty are you telling me you can watch Sky racing from Oz via Tabcorp? or through your corp acc?

Biff....

No, I only bet on Aus racing that I can watch on Trackside.....I don't follow Aus that much....

I don't feel guilty.....as I do pay for Sky....

Tell me.....how easy is it to get a live racing feed from Aus? Is there a set up box or something? I don't want to muck around with laptop etc?

Would love to get better coverage on some of the bigger meetings.....Without going to a dog race at manawatu????