RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
MediaPA

Yuill Happy To Be Fringe Player

Richard Yuill is more than happy be a fringe player these days with a smaller team of horses..

“I don’t chase the game like I used to,” the Group One winning Pukekohe trainer said. “I’m working about 18, but most of them are horses for overseas or being pre-trained for other people.”

Yuill prides himself on his past record with a career tally of 731 winners of more than $12.5 million, 79 of them at Group and Listed level, and an outstanding partnership with master horseman Colin Jillings.

“I worked hard in the game for years and enjoyed a lot of success out of it,” he said.

“I’m in a very lucky position now and I don’t owe anyone anything. I’ve seen the best of racing in New Zealand.”

Yuill has only had nine starters this season and Friday’s Avondale meeting will take him into double figures with He Rocks in the Racing at Avondale 10 June 2015 and Saki’s Ace in the Race Images 1200 Maiden.

He Rocks was a $10,000 Karaka purchase for Dominic Olson, who formerly trained in partnership with Moira Murdoch.

“He bought him and races him with a few of his mates,” Yuill said. “He goes along nicely and does everything right.

“He’ll put himself in the race and it’s a good start for him. I had him in at Wellington a couple of weeks ago, but he drew wide and I couldn’t get a rider so it wasn’t worth a trip away.”

Saki’s Ace has weighed in four times from seven starts and Yuill was happy with his last-start performance when resuming from a break.

“It wasn’t a bad effort at Dargaville after getting taken on all the way and he only gave it away the last 100 metres,” he said. 

This post has been promoted to an article

post-13690-0-73490600-1430967686_thumb.j