RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
MediaPA

Bridgman Hopes To Leave On Winning Note

Jason Bridgman is hoping to sign off his tenure as Te Akau Racing trainer as a winner.

Bridgman will hand over the reins at the Matamata stable to the new partnership of Stephen Autridge and newcomer Jamie Richards after racing this weekend.

Bridgman has eight runners entered at either Riccarton or Te Rapa, with the trio of Angelica Hall, Risque and Unsurpassed chasing stakes success.

Angelica Hall will contest the Listed Speight's Mid Ale Great Easter Stakes (1400m) at Riccarton, while Risque and Unsurpassed are slated for the Listed Hamilton Vet Clinic Equine Stakes (1200m) at Te Rapa.

"I have really enjoyed my time here with a wonderful team of horses and a hard-working staff that have supported me, including my wife and family," Bridgman said.

"My last runners will run this weekend and hopefully we can sign off with a win and we look forward to what the future holds. 

"At this stage, we haven't decided upon anything in the short term and will see what options present over the coming weeks. It's a chance to look within and outside the industry for the future.

"I would like to thank David Ellis for the opportunities I have had at Te Akau."

Bridgman, who has an honours degree in applied science, majoring in sports turf management and landscape architecture, succeeded five-time champion New Zealand trainer Mark Walker as Te Akau's Matamata trainer in 2010 when Walker set up shop for Te Akau in Singapore.

Since then Bridgman has won 280 races, 34 at stakes level, including four at Group One level - the 2000 Guineas with Rock 'n' Pop, the 1000 Guineas with King's Rose and Costa Viva and the Diamond Stakes with Warhorse.

He has finished in the top 10 on the trainers' premiership each season, peaking at third last term but has dropped to seventh on the ladder this season.

Prior to joining Te Akau, Bridgman had gained experience working for Noel Eales, John Hawkes, Michael Moroney, English trainer Clive Brittain, Irish trainer Dermot Weld, Frenchman Francois Dumen, and Americans Niall O'Callaghan and Todd Pletcher.

He trained in partnership with Graham Richardson and on his own right at Matamata before taking up the Te Akau position.

Te Akau boss David Ellis wished Bridgman well for the future.

"We are sorry to farewell Jason. He has been a very good trainer in his 4 1/2 years with us at Matamata," Ellis said.

This post has been promoted to an article

post-13690-0-93434600-1430289665_thumb.j

Good on him.. there is life outside the oval world and he may find it or decide that it is his real passion after all, but yes if he is keen on turf management in the future.. my beloved Trentham, for one, would probably rejoice in his presence :)

Reading between the lines, and especially with the haste of the decision's implementation I would guess that family pressure was the catalyst-and to that I say "bravo" to Jason and his family because you get one shot at being the best husband and father and in spite of our on-going critique of racing admin etc, the number one issue in society today is family dysfunction.The racing world is a hard task-master time-wise. I could be wrong but if I am right in my summation then big "ups" to you Jason and all the best.