RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
system

Race 3 Wanganui

Today a dog was let off a swab at Wanganui due to the "owners" touching the dog yet the "owners" of the dog are recorded as the trainers. How does that work? And the catcher of the dog was the husband of the trainer!

Today a dog was let off a swab at Wanganui due to the "owners" touching the dog yet the "owners" of the dog are recorded as the trainers. How does that work? And the catcher of the dog was the husband of the trainer!

Same thing happened a while back at Wanganui also with Cawbourne Aries... They've set a precedence where if you don't want a swab then get someone to come pat your dog.

There was the case in aus where the trainer got off their positive swab due to people handling the dog after the race.

Run about  1 second or 16 lenghts faster than 5 days earlier as well when leading and getting run down.

27 Apr 15 WAN 1 of 8 C1 520m 2 11111 29.9 $3.50 Thrilling Ava 4L1qLhL 30.53
22 Apr 15 WAN 4 of 8 C1q 520m 8 33114 30.3 $5.20 Opawa Token tL2qLn 31.38

Come on guys get a grip the trainers in question are personal friends of mine and I feel this negative thread is uncalled for. The dog run faster this week have you ever thought the dog could of got fitter and stronger after a spell? No everyone gets on the something dodgy must be happening!!!! I am disgusted in some people's opinions.

you couldn't ask for more hard working trainers than these guys and have the support of some of nz leading trainers and the owners of this dog are so passionate about dog racing and wear their hearts on their sleeves . Great win well done everyone involved.

Run about  1 second or 16 lenghts faster than 5 days earlier as well when leading and getting run down.

27 Apr 15 WAN 1 of 8 C1 520m 2 11111 29.9 $3.50 Thrilling Ava 4L1qLhL 30.53

22 Apr 15 WAN 4 of 8 C1q 520m 8 33114 30.3 $5.20 Opawa Token tL2qLn 31.38

Was a good bet if you looked at it. 3 starts before run 2nd to winsome Jenny in 30.30 hasnt had many starts . Can't see how you can blame owners or trainers . If the swab was called for and didn't happen someone wasn't doing there job?

Wow the world of racecafe never suprises me. First of all my wife sarah her father garry and everyone else involved work very hard for the little success we get. So when we get a winner and this happens i find it quite insulting. Im pretty sure these 2 would much rather thier dogs run back in the pack free of any drugs than win with the aid of illegal substances. Also as for what happened at wanganui yesterday the swabbing procedure is a vey thourough one. So when certian protocol wasnt followed myself the catcher being the reprisentive for the trainer. I wasnt happy to proceed.

David Voyce

Wow the world of racecafe never suprises me. First of all my wife sarah her father garry and everyone else involved work very hard for the little success we get. So when we get a winner and this happens i find it quite insulting. Im pretty sure these 2 would much rather thier dogs run back in the pack free of any drugs than win with the aid of illegal substances. Also as for what happened at wanganui yesterday the swabbing procedure is a vey thourough one. So when certian protocol wasnt followed myself the catcher being the reprisentive for the trainer. I wasnt happy to proceed.

David Voyce

I'm not suggesting anything dodgy has occurred and I see System's post as a valid question.

https://www.thedogs.co.nz/catch-the-action/11657/stewards-report.aspx

"NITRO MARY was called for a swab in this race, due to a communication error with Security the Stewards released the dog as the owners had contact with the dog before it was put away in the swabbing kennel."

The registered owners of Nitro Mary is listed as G Ross & S Voyce. They are listed as the trainers as well.

https://www.thedogs.co.nz/greyhounds/profiles.aspx?AnimalID=25290

Therefore, why would it be a problem if the "owners" had contact with the dog prior to swabbing? Are G Ross & S Voyce the owners & G Ross & S Voyce the trainers different people?

Craig, on the 22nd the track was in abysmal condition with all the winning times recorded extremely slow. On that day, the track was deemed safe enough for the dogs to run on, but humans were kept off it whenever possible.

Certainly not suggesting dodgy in this case and I never mentioned it that way. The dog has a sure amount of ability! Just think its not right that the owners, being the trainers (as it says on paper) touched the dog, so they opted out of the swab. Maybe the report reads wrong.

Jason. No one mentioned dodgy or illegal substances other than you. It was a simple question of why the dog wasn't swabbed after being handled by the owners/trainers. My post was a question of the stipes and if we are given the correct information, nothing to do with illegal dodgy doings as YOU suggest.

Jason. No one mentioned dodgy or illegal substances other than you. It was a simple question of why the dog wasn't swabbed after being handled by the owners/trainers. My post was a question of the stipes and if we are given the correct information, nothing to do with illegal dodgy doings as YOU suggest.

the dodgy suggestion was aimed at craig with his comment about going 16 lengths quicker, he obviously cant read a race or track conditions

I've had to make an account just to explain about this dog. 

Even though its noone's business.

We got this dog when our friend passed away nearly a year ago- Graham hayden-holmes. She was his baby and still a pup. So she's a very special dog.

Yes myself and my father are owners of this dog. However she has alot of support from Grahams friends.

Clearly it was worded wrong on the report and if it worries you that much you have to start a topic I will go and speak to the stewards on Friday and get the report re done if that can be done. Happy now??

As you get abit more into Racecafe Sarah, you will see that this is just the way it is on here, so please continue to post about the dog....its fantastic to see this dog going well after the loss of Graham...and this is info that should have pride of place on these forums. Yes there is also going to be an element of bullsh*t or negativity (these forums are important tools), but rise above it for the benefit of the sport. 

Come on guys get a grip the trainers in question are personal friends of mine and I feel this negative thread is uncalled for. The dog run faster this week have you ever thought the dog could of got fitter and stronger after a spell? No everyone gets on the something dodgy must be happening!!!! I am disgusted in some people's opinions.

you couldn't ask for more hard working trainers than these guys and have the support of some of nz leading trainers and the owners of this dog are so passionate about dog racing and wear their hearts on their sleeves . Great win well done everyone involved.

JASON - you should pay your money you owe to NZGRA.

https://www.thedogs.co.nz/Files/4%20Defaulters%20List%20-%20Website.pdf

You are the third in the high order rank for the amount! 

Come on ref,

What happen was my husband caught the dog and was never told our dog was a swab- So the dog was taken to the podium and the supporters came down got their photo and gave the dog cuddles/kisses and it wasn't until after all that my husband then got informed our dog was a swab. 

Hope that explains everything for you.. 

Come on ref,

What happen was my husband caught the dog and was never told our dog was a swab- So the dog was taken to the podium and the supporters came down got their photo and gave the dog cuddles/kisses and it wasn't until after all that my husband then got informed our dog was a swab. 

Hope that explains everything for you..

When are you normally informed that you have been selected for a post race swab? Straight away?

Sarah Voyce...

Thank you for clearly explaining what happened.

It would appear, from what you have said, that you, those involved in the training of the greyhound and your loyal supporters are innocent parties in an incident, the type of which does, and will, occur from time to time. This situation appears to have been compounded by a loosely, to put it generously, worded stipendiary steward report.

I do hope that, given the actual wording of the stipendiary steward report, that you and your colleagues understand that the questioning of what really happened is entirely justified. It is the mistakes on the part of officialdom that have caused you unnecessary angst and you have done a fine job of setting the record straight.

All the best.

Ashoka

system...

You were entirely correct in raising this matter and good on you for keeping an eye on things.

Never has it been more important to try to "keep the bastards honest", so to speak.

The official information published created a crisis out of nothing and the connections of the greyhound in question deserved to have their name cleared, it would appear, and this now appears to have been done.

All strength to you.

All the best.

Ashoka

so you are sayin mike said nothing till after the pictures were taken.reguards the swob.

its mike/s fault then who is he ruled by???/

a little embrassing for him and id be piissed at him for throwimg you lot under the bus too

so you are sayin mike said nothing till after the pictures were taken.reguards the swob.

its mike/s fault then who is he ruled by???/

a little embrassing for him and id be piissed at him for throwimg you lot under the bus too

He did radio through- It was the guard that failed to tell us. 

Anyway its sorted now. =)