RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
MediaPA

Abidewithme Takes Out Travis Stakes

Pace made the race for Abidewithme at Te Rapa and the well-related mare took full advantage of a strong tempo to record a career highlight victory in Saturday’s Gr.2 Travis Stakes.

Trainer Jason Bridgman said the mare had been a victim of slowly run races on numerous occasions and she had now received her due reward.

“Down the back there were a few horses trapped wide and they went forward to put the pressure on.

“The 2000 metre races aren’t always run genuinely. She hits the line strongly at a mile, but the good sectionals haven’t been there for her at 2000m.

“I don’t think I’ve ever had a horse in training that deserves a big race more than her, it’s fantastic.”

Raced by her breeders Sir Patrick and Lady Hogan, Abidewithme is a daughter of Redoute’s Choice and the Group Two winning Zabeel mare Crimson, who is also the mother of the Group One performer Miss Scarlatti.

“I’ll speak to Sir Patrick and there may be more ahead for her next season,” Bridgman said. “She’s been a slow maturer and she’ll go to the paddock now.”

Abidewithme’s victory was also a treasured one for rider Michael McNab, whose career has been hindered by weight issues.

“I want to thank Sir Patrick and Jason for keeping me on,” he said. “I can’t speak highly enough of the mare, she gives 120 per cent.

“She’s got a beautiful temperament and she always wants to win.”

Abidewithme settled back in the field and she was able to finish over the top of the defending champion Lauren Tate with Decorah a brave third.

“She had every opportunity and got to the lead 150 metres out so there’s no excuses,” Lauren Tate’s owner-trainer John Morell said. 

This post has been promoted to an article

post-13690-0-45542200-1429950599_thumb.j