RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
eljay

Blanch & Rogies split now official

the shue25, on 14 Apr 2015 - 07:57 AM, said:

Wow,, not many ,galloping or trotting seem to last too long with rogie. they can t all be that bad surely

Rogie is a good trainer...does not suffer fools gladly though... Maybe a bit of both not getting along, rather than one or the other, these things happen.

Was very amicable. Rogie has 5 standardbreds left and 2 of them (Chocolate Brownie and Lambrusco) are in the All Aged Sale next month. He just bought 3 yearlings but they are to be trained by Mark Purdon and Natalie Rasmussen. They now use Rogie's barn and track as their northern base after Lincoln Farms purchased the building they used to use at Pukekohe. As for Peter Blanchard, he is backing his son Vaughan who wants to give it a shake as a trainer and is doing so at Pukekohe. 

As for who will train the remaining 3 or 4 standardbreds, my guess is Warren Rich and Michelle Northcott who both work in the galloping arm of the stable but are well versed in the harness caper. Warren trained a New Zealand Cup winner and Michelle is a leading amateur driver.

Hayden is still there as well (I think).    Pete did a great job at Rogies for the past 4 years but as has been mentioned will be backing Vaughan and also his wife Karen has been appointed to run the Franklin training centre so no surprise they re-settling in Pukekohe.    Good luck for the future to the Blanchards.

I think hayden and warren are in the galloping arm- peter and rogie did well with limited numbers and im guessing rogie scratched an inch and proved he could do it. And he did . 

Good luck Peter- has had his ups and downs but won a premiership cant take that away from him

When I left here nearly 2 years ago Rogie told me when I gave my resignation that he was thinking of winding down  the trotting side of things so its been on the cards for a while. Sold a lot over the last few years, sent a lot to Oz like Party Boy, Hitch. Stunin Banner this season